• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Damn, it's impossible to pre-farm almost anything other than gems and whale boss drops for CR. Pain.
ObBaT84.jpeg

Is there a centralized mass of them anywhere? I couldn't even name 5 spawn points if I had to.
I know there's two near the upgradable tree on Dragonspine and there's a bunch of groups around Dvalin's lair that have them, but they're mostly scattered otherwise. Wasn't the guide book updated to be more reliable for enemy positions? Or is that next update.

I've been strapped for resin these days anyways, so I don't think there's much else I could've pre-farmed even if I wanted to.

Pejo

I spent some more time in Navia's trial just trying to see what the hell people love about her so much. I will say, if you stop aiming her skill and the autotargeting doesn't fuck you with the tap version, she is a lot more fun to play. I see what people mean about needing to start her encounters with a full Burst too. It makes generation of the crystals a lot more consistent which really helps her damage.

Probably would consider her in the same realm of Ningguang and Noelle, though obviously offensively focused and probably considerably stronger. Not gonna waste the wishes with CR right around the corner but I might pull her on a rerun down the road.

I still feel like she's gonna be the next Ayato/Xiao though in that nobody talks about her from the next patch onwards. At least she doesn't have HP loss shit.

I spent some more time in Navia's trial just trying to see what the hell people love about her so much.
She's the first on-field DPS waifu since Shogun(!). She's strong. She's unique and fun to play. She absolutely shits on the dreadful mono Geo defense "meta." She has no blatant flaws like ER. She doesn't rely on 5-star weapons or cons. She's flexible. She's getting a dedicated support in Chiori down the line. She has thicc thighs.

All in all, she's great. I think you're just blinded by CR man (which is understandable). Will she be forgotten in the future? Possibly. But people don't talk about Wrio or Neuvillette much either despite the latter being broken. DPS characters just don't get talked about as much because people pick their favorites and stick to them. It's really the supports that get a lot of attention because of how they enable others. I think you'll enjoy Navia whenever you pull for her.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

I read this earlier and it's basically a nothingburger. It just allows lazy casuals to pick the stats they want and it auto equips the best unequipped artifacts to those criteria. It's no different than using the sort functions currently in the game, they're just adding the "equip all" button to it. Why the fuck didn't they just add a saved loadout feature on top of this? It has to be easier to program.
Damn you were right, there is no option to save loadouts.
I don't get it. They know that this is not what people have been asking for.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Pejo

How are Ayaka and Yoimiya able to breathe underwater in the event? Thought traveler was special and everyone else needs diving equipment?
I dunno about Yoimiya but Ayaka isn't gonna let some silly thing like breathing keep her from the Traveler.

c0717292b953d4a02baf7241cc80907e.jpg

qdcxodfx6s5a1.jpg

I don't really care for Ayaka but I love the creepy yandere Ayaka memes.

Pejo

So for future cloud retainer owners, what set are you farming for her?
VV as one for sure for support build, maybe that Xiao set if you're planning on using her with Furina as a DPS. She's got lots of interesting options and is probably the first character I'll get multiple sets for.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
VV as one for sure for support build, maybe that Xiao set if you're planning on using her with Furina as a DPS. She's got lots of interesting options and is probably the first character I'll get multiple sets for.

VV is nice for her? I was thinking about it but went to reddit and folks there said it doesn't suit her very well. Need to dig deeper into that.

I'm planning on finally building my Xiao and pair her with Cloud Retainer.

Pejo

VV is nice for her? I was thinking about it but went to reddit and folks there said it doesn't suit her very well. Need to dig deeper into that.
If it swirls, it's good. It's a "universally good" set for Anemo supports. 40% elemental shred for 10 seconds and especially off-field is incredible value. They're probably saying it's less good because she doesn't apply consistent off-field anemo unless you're using plunge attacks, but the vast majority of overworld encounters and abyss cycles aren't much longer than 10 seconds, so for me it's not a big deal.

*edit*

Also if you're planning on using her in Dendro/Geo/Phys teams, VV obviously isn't good at all, so that could be another part of it.

I'm not a fan of those "Lose/gain HP" sets because it limits your team possibilities and is depending on a gameplay style that I don't like, but maybe it's mathematically stronger.

Last edited:
Xiao doesn't care about VV's bonus so you'd be better off farming something else. Maybe Noblesse or even the new healing set. For any other team you'd probably want VV because it's unlikely one would use another anemo character in such a team.

The event weapon is really cute by the way, with those Melusine stickers on there. There's some particle effects too. I feel like they put more effort in these event weapons than most others. I haven't completed the event story yet though. Lotsa' people liking Chevreuse as one of the best characters from Fontaine, so I'm curious about her.

deanote666

Xiao doesn't care about VV's bonus so you'd be better off farming something else. Maybe Noblesse or even the new healing set. For any other team you'd probably want VV because it's unlikely one would use another anemo character in such a team.

The event weapon is really cute by the way, with those Melusine stickers on there. There's some particle effects too. I feel like they put more effort in these event weapons than most others. I haven't completed the event story yet though. Lotsa' people liking Chevreuse as one of the best characters from Fontaine, so I'm curious about her.
I remember reading the purple set from the chasm was good for xiao but don't remember what it does

Last edited:
I remember reading the purple set from the chasm was good for xiao but don't remember what it does
It just gives a bunch of ATK for losing health. I wonder if Marechaussee isn't just a better option for Xiao nowadays. Anyway, that set doesn't seem worth farming for Cloud Retainer.

Pejo

Oh shit Cyno is just 5* Razor eh?
Totally different roles. Razor is more beginner physical DPS carry and S tier ore-breaker.

Cyno is burst focused Aggravate sub dps. Every second you're on the field as Cyno without his burst active, it's like torture. I say that as somebody that has him at C4 and hyper invested. His ER requirement is just so damn unreasonable.

Speaking of mods, best girl finally got some love. The lights even twinkle

Pejo

I was putting off catching up in the game because it's almost a herculean feat to even start the world quests/story quests I haven't done, and I decided to instead focus on making at least 1 copy of all of the 4* craftable weapons since that obviously needs to be done, because the Archive is VERY important.

Boy are most of the Sumeru/Fontaine weapons absolute shit. At least there was that HP% polearm in Fontaine though, might try it on my Zhongli (currently wearing The Catch). I never saw a weapon as bad as the Sumeru Catalyst though. Fucking reduces your attack while giving you EM. Like what the fuck, who would ever pick that? EM works in conjunction with Attack, so gimping yourself from the main damage multiplier to get some secondary stats seems like the stupidest shit I've ever read.

Any of you Wrio mains try the R5 Frostbearer on him? In theory it could be pretty damn powerful since it gives a 360% AoE hit every 10 seconds, which is higher than some characters' Elemental Bursts.

I'm tempted to try it out myself but that's a lot of pissing around in Dragonspine for the ore that would be a huge waste if it's not very strong. It is aesthetic as fuck on him though, matches the red/black/grey perfectly.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Any of you Wrio mains try the R5 Frostbearer on him? In theory it could be pretty damn powerful since it gives a 360% AoE hit every 10 seconds, which is higher than some characters' Elemental Bursts.

Nope, gave him Lost Prayer's and call it a day.

Was starting to farm for Cloud Retainer but I have such a shitty VV artifact collection that I just basically unequipped Jean.

But then I came across a TGS video, and seems you need to slap a lot of ER artifacts for Cloud Retainer? Well, shit.

I was putting off catching up in the game because it's almost a herculean feat to even start the world quests/story quests I haven't done, and I decided to instead focus on making at least 1 copy of all of the 4* craftable weapons since that obviously needs to be done, because the Archive is VERY important.
Man, you just love making things hard for yourself huh? You better hurry up because the film festival event is pretty good and basically functions as an introduction to Chevreuse. It's kind of insane to think some players will miss out on this huge part of her characterization.

But then I came across a TGS video, and seems you need to slap a lot of ER artifacts for Cloud Retainer? Well, shit.
Yeah that's what everyone's saying. They could still make some changes to her kit, but most of the time MHY just tries to sell cons to fix those artificial issues. I would assume you need an ER sands and some additional ER sub stats on your artifacts. Depends on the weapon you want to use too. Apparently the Enkanomiya event catalyst is good, but I don't know if you have that one.

deanote666

I'm tempted to try it out myself but that's a lot of pissing around in Dragonspine for the ore that would be a huge waste if it's not very strong. It is aesthetic as fuck on him though, matches the red/black/grey perfectly
Don't focus on the list and focus on just doing a single part of a quest a day. It will stay insurmountable if you don't pick at it.

Unless you're in a hurry, just pick a couple ore deposits near waypoints. I haven't used that weapon much but I'd say there should be a greater focus on using up billets than an infinite ore.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man, you just love making things hard for yourself huh? You better hurry up because the film festival event is pretty good and basically functions as an introduction to Chevreuse. It's kind of insane to think some players will miss out on this huge part of her characterization.

Yeah that's what everyone's saying. They could still make some changes to her kit, but most of the time MHY just tries to sell cons to fix those artificial issues. I would assume you need an ER sands and some additional ER sub stats on your artifacts. Depends on the weapon you want to use too. Apparently the Enkanomiya event catalyst is good, but I don't know if you have that one.

Going with ER sands I'm sitting at:
181% ER
20% CR
160% CD

Does she need a CD Circlet or ATK?

Also is it possible to R5 Oathsworn Eye? Is that the Enkanomiya Catalyst? Seems like a good fit for her since it gives ER and ATK.

Going with ER sands I'm sitting at:
181% ER
20% CR
160% CD

Does she need a CD Circlet or ATK?

Also is it possible to R5 Oathsworn Eye? Is that the Enkanomiya Catalyst? Seems like a good fit for her since it gives ER and ATK.
180% ~ 200% ER should be good enough, but I guess we'll see once her kit is finalized. As for the circlet, I assume ATK is gonna be the best. Her personal damage doesn't seem that important (at C0), so it's just for her buffs and healing. More Crit Rate might be good if you equip Favonius Codex on her, but otherwise CR and CD are bonus stats.

That Enkanomiya weapon is indeed Oathsworn Eye. It was part of an event so if you don't have it or its refinements, you're out of luck.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
That Enkanomiya weapon is indeed Oathsworn Eye. It was part of an event so if you don't have it or its refinements, you're out of luck.
Have it at R1. Guess it's probably gonna be my go option for her.

Clorinde and Arlecchino are next and I don't think I'm in the mood to tackle Cloud Retainer's weapon banner too.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, just saw this too. If it ends out to be true I might just make an u-turn and skip her.
I just don't fucking get it man. Why take a character that sounds fun and purposefully just remove the fun. Like what does it get them? What's the benefit?

I'm not even talking about multipliers, but why make her healing go from a flexible fun off-field healer to "BUT ONLY IF YOU USE PLUNGE". What kind of self-hating fuckhead thinks that?

This was the ONE character I was hyped for from the 4.x patches, and now they really are gonna Dehya her.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I just don't fucking get it man. Why take a character that sounds fun and purposefully just remove the fun. Like what does it get them? What's the benefit?

I'm not even talking about multipliers, but why make her healing go from a flexible fun off-field healer to "BUT ONLY IF YOU USE PLUNGE". What kind of self-hating fuckhead thinks that?

This was the ONE character I was hyped for from the 4.x patches, and now they really are gonna Dehya her.

Quite possibly it will be fixable with constellations. They're going for the money route.

Last edited:

Pejo

Quite possibly it will be fixable with constellations. They're going for the money route.
They really are the worst with Genshin. Funny enough they don't pull this shit in Honkai Impact or Star Rail. The constellations/advancements are there for tryhards and waifu collectors, but all of the characters core functionality is there at base.

I can deal with the uber censored designs, I can deal with the low multipliers, I can even deal with the ballooning ER costs that almost all characters have these days, but when they remove the fun and unique parts from characters to make them only work in one way or in one specific team, that's where I get pissed. We're at year fucking 4 now, let us play the way we want to.

jonnyXx

They're Dehya'-ing Cloud Retainer now:
5ggs6Bp.jpeg
Oof it seems they really want to emphasize the plunge attacks, but why nerf her suction?? It wasn't that great to begin with.
It'd be nice to have an anemo character besides Kazuha and Venti with decent grouping.

deanote666

I don't like fights that require you to have certain party members.

Like the weekly giant robot fight. I have to use Yoimiya or I can't get the bots fast enough to stop his instakill attack because the bots are resistant to everything, except Yoimiya/pyro.

Last edited:
I don't like fights that require you to have certain party members.

Like the weekly giant robot fight. I have to use Yoimiya or I can't get the bots fast enough to stop his instakill attack because the bots are resistant to everything, except Yoimiya/pyro.
Nahida makes short work of them too with charged attacks, if you happen to have her.

As for Cloud Retainer, I've seen (supposedly) literal translations of those texts that make them sound like speculation/banter rather than leaks. Let's hope that's true.

Pejo

It's mostly been about having time to actually sit down and play lately, lots of holiday/life stuff has been going on and I barely have time to do dailies in Genshin at the moment. But I also very much snowball my own stress when I get behind in stuff and find it tough to take that first step to fixing it.
Don't focus on the list and focus on just doing a single part of a quest a day. It will stay insurmountable if you don't pick at it.
You'd think this would make sense to me but I hate playing in pieces like that, particularly for story related stuff. Playing in pieces makes you forget the tertiary stuff and supportive story bits. I just need a nice relaxing weekend to sit down and knock it out in a sitting like I used to do. That's also why I'm behind in FGO perpetually, where the story is one of the only 2 major draws of the entire game.
Unless you're in a hurry, just pick a couple ore deposits near waypoints. I haven't used that weapon much but I'd say there should be a greater focus on using up billets than an infinite ore.
I've got at least 15 of each of the Northern billets and 5~ of the midlanders, and that's after crafting at least one of each weapon, so it's just again about finding the time to sit down and accomplish any of this. It's made more annoying by the fact that you have to still deal with materials only available on certain days of the week, like if I wanted to max ascend the weapon for testing. Very time intensive.
Oof it seems they really want to emphasize the plunge attacks, but why nerf her suction?? It wasn't that great to begin with.
It'd be nice to have an anemo character besides Kazuha and Venti with decent grouping.
Agreed, and removing flexibility is just never the way I'd like to see them handle balance. Like how they made Kujou Sara a weaker Bennett, then said "fuck you, her C6 only works on Electro characters" just to throw that extra limit in there just in case you wanted to use her in other teams. Like I don't get what benefit that serves anybody. Would 60% Crit Damage really have broken the course of the entire game? No.
You mean the Scaradouche fight? I think they prefer you to use Dendro on that part. I use Collei in my team and she can solo all 4 of those turrets in like 15 seconds. The floating ones each die in one charged shot from her.
As for Cloud Retainer, I've seen (supposedly) literal translations of those texts that make them sound like speculation/banter rather than leaks. Let's hope that's true.
Supposedly we'll find out Monday when the next Beta updates go out. There's a lot riding on this for me, personally, as much as I hate to admit it. I just don't have any announced/revealed characters to look forward to if CR ends up being shit.

At least her traversal still looks good. Definitely feels faster and more fluid than Wanderer and Kaz, but probably doesn't have the verticality of Wanderer and you can't use it in a fall like Kaz. All in all, pretty balanced and doesn't invalidate any of the 3.

Last edited:
It's mostly been about having time to actually sit down and play lately, lots of holiday/life stuff has been going on and I barely have time to do dailies in Genshin at the moment. But I also very much snowball my own stress when I get behind in stuff and find it tough to take that first step to fixing it.
I'm more so talking about procrastinating by focusing on things like forging shitty weapons :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Supposedly we'll find out Monday when the next Beta updates go out. There's a lot riding on this for me, personally, as much as I hate to admit it. I just don't have any announced/revealed characters to look forward to if CR ends up being shit.

At least her traversal still looks good. Definitely feels faster and more fluid than Wanderer and Kaz, but probably doesn't have the verticality of Wanderer and you can't use it in a fall like Kaz. All in all, pretty balanced and doesn't invalidate any of the 3.
Yeah I can get that. That's what Dehya was for me and it basically ruined the game for a good 6 months. Let's hope they don't destroy another kit for absolutely no reason. But I will say that MHY can surprise us with great characters too. Navia is so good man. Who would have expected that? So between Clorinde, Arlecchino and/or Siggy hopefully one of them will end up good too.

Traversal does look fun. Does she get two charges for her skill at C0?

Pejo

I'm more so talking about procrastinating by focusing on things like forging shitty weapons :messenger_tears_of_joy:
BUT THINK OF THE ARCHIVE!!!!
Yeah I can get that. That's what Dehya was for me and it basically ruined the game for a good 6 months. Let's hope they don't destroy another kit for absolutely no reason. But I will say that MHY can surprise us with great characters too. Navia is so good man. Who would have expected that? So between Clorinde, Arlecchino and/or Siggy hopefully one of them will end up good too.
Man I'm really tempted to get a copy of Navia to see what the deal is with her in the real game. If Monday comes and CR gets the proposed nerfs, I'll drop some pulls to see if I can win a 50/50 at least. I think I'm only about 20 pulls until soft pity after getting lucky as fuck with Kirara cons in the last banner.
Traversal does look fun. Does she get two charges for her skill at C0?
Yea, 2 charges at base. This video was done with C6 though, as you can see that the charges disappear completely after she activates her burst, letting her do infinite enhanced plunges for the duration.

*edit*

Damn, looks like that's already changed since the first leaks. C1 for 2 charges of the skill.

Last edited:
BUT THINK OF THE ARCHIVE!!!!

Man I'm really tempted to get a copy of Navia to see what the deal is with her in the real game. If Monday comes and CR gets the proposed nerfs, I'll drop some pulls to see if I can win a 50/50 at least. I think I'm only about 20 pulls until soft pity after getting lucky as fuck with Kirara cons in the last banner.

Yea, 2 charges at base. This video was done with C6 though, as you can see that the charges disappear completely after she activates her burst, letting her do infinite enhanced plunges for the duration.

*edit*

Damn, looks like that's already changed since the first leaks. C1 for 2 charges of the skill.
The only time I ever looked at the archive was to check a 5-star weapon's passive, and it doesn't even display that if you don't own it. Completely useless. I'm not at all interested in completing it.

After playing Navia for a while, she kind of reminds me of Monhun's Gunlance. Maybe that's why she resonates with me. But I don't want to influence your pulls in any way.

Too bad they already nerfed CR though. Guess I'm back on the fence again.

Dregnel

if i'm not wrong she does a mini jump and when you press it again she puts that wind on her feet and then by pressing the left click you go into bird mode, with c1 you can create another wind around her feets to jump again.
It's basically like the double jumps over the circles in the Devil My Cry series.

Pejo

if i'm not wrong she does a mini jump and when you press it again she puts that wind on her feet and then by pressing the left click you go into bird mode, with c1 you can create another wind around her feets to jump again.
It's basically like the double jumps over the circles in the Devil My Cry series.
Yea the video basically shows how it works. First use is just a higher than average normal jump, then 2nd use is a standard double jump like Kaz's, 3rd use turns her into a bird and does a bit of extra horizontal distance and comes down at a bit of an angle. If you hit attack after the bird form, you do a special plunge attack that's basically a divebomb that has succ enabled.

The only time I ever looked at the archive was to check a 5-star weapon's passive, and it doesn't even display that if you don't own it. Completely useless. I'm not at all interested in completing it.
Yea that kinda sucks that the entries aren't shown if you don't own it. I try to keep it as up-to-date as I can, but admittedly me crafting those 4* weapons was just stalling.
After playing Navia for a while, she kind of reminds me of Monhun's Gunlance. Maybe that's why she resonates with me. But I don't want to influence your pulls in any way.
I kinda get that comparison honestly. I just can't find a good comfort level with holding/aiming the shot vs. just tapping it. Sometimes the tap kinda gets stuck and it does a split second aim which causes it to miss 99% of the time. I think that's my biggest problem with it. If the taps were consistent and aimed at what you were attacking every time, she'd feel a lot better to me. I don't like the aimed version at all though. The range is too short for what they want to do with it. I also am not a fan of the hit feedback of the normal combo when she's Geo imbued. It feels slow and clunky. I'd like to try different teams than the one they give her in the trial though. An attack speed buff from Mika might make her feel better to play. O

I wonder if they'll ever give in and let us pick an option to manually lock targets. Boy that sure would be nice. They already have targeted spots programmed on all enemies, even the large bosses, we just can't choose (or even see) which one the game forces us to attack, currently.
Too bad they already nerfed CR though. Guess I'm back on the fence again.
I was planning on a few cons anyways, so moving the 2nd charge to a constellation isn't a deal breaker for me. Forcing plunge attacks for all of her healing would be though.

Last edited:

Dregnel

also with c2 her wings shine, cosmetic effects behind the constellations? i think this is new.

Top Bottom