• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

I'm in the exact same spot I was when I pulled for Cloud Retainer.

My pulls backfired so much again that I don't even have desire to build and play Kinich anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Was planning to go for is weapon but now I won't be able too.

What's his second best in slot?

Last edited:

jonnyXx

I'm in the exact same spot I was when I pulled for Cloud Retainer.

My pulls backfired so much again that I don't even have desire to build and play Kinich anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Was planning to go for is weapon but now I won't be able too.

Probably Beacon or Verdict.
For the 4 stars either Serpent Spine or the new craftable Earth Shaker.

Pejo

Probably Beacon or Verdict.
For the 4 stars either Serpent Spine or the new craftable Earth Shaker.
Yep, pretty much this ^
r2TPHkA.jpeg

I'm using Serpent Spine on him personally since I'm not tying him to Burn at the moment.

Well, I couldn’t resist the Raiden banner. And I went for her C3…

As much as I wanted Xil, I don’t like Rollerskates and she legit pulls out turn tables during her burst?! Wtf? So out of place.

Raiden is my favorite character and I don’t care.

Got her around ~50ish pulls and I’m broke on gems now, even had to do some quests to get more gems, which is why I was back in Sumeru doing those quests.

But it worked out so nicely. As the music in the Oasis was playing after reviving the tree I sat there listening to it for a while and then I did my last 4 pulls I had earned and got her. The music, the quest, getting my character, it all came together so well. A literally perfect ending and reinvigorated my love for Genshin.

fYQ1imy.gif

INAZUMA SHINES ETERNAL

Pejo

This is hilarious. Apparently the McDonalds collab is doing so well in the US that it crashed the server that was responsible for automated generation and dispersal of the codes, so pretty much everyone that bought from yesterday afternoon through today is waiting through a huge backlog. Saw this post about it:
Some people in the Facebook groups and posts were able to get some responses, and it seems that McDonalds and Hoyo weren’t expecting the event to have this much of a pull, and it literally crashed their systems yesterday lol.

They’re back up and running now, but apparently they have to manually generate the codes for each individual order on their end, and from what someone said, they’re only able to send out a certain number of codes per hour (like 22,000 or something like that, out of literal millions 😫).

The good news is that they fixed the system issue and are rolling out codes finally (I’m seeing people just starting to post that they got their codes after like 30 hours of waiting haha) but the bad news is that we’re prolly still gonna probably have to wait a while for everyone to get their codes, since they can only roll out so many per hour. Based on the rate they’re going at, I’d bet that most of us will get our codes Thursday or Friday.

So Uh.... I guess expect more US merchandise collabs with Genshin (possibly Star Rail and ZZZ too?).

ap_puff

Neo Member
This is hilarious. Apparently the McDonalds collab is doing so well in the US that it crashed the server that was responsible for automated generation and dispersal of the codes, so pretty much everyone that bought from yesterday afternoon through today is waiting through a huge backlog. Saw this post about it:

So Uh.... I guess expect more US merchandise collabs with Genshin (possibly Star Rail and ZZZ too?).
Wow ok so this is why I didn't get a code today. Was literally going to call customer support about it

Pejo

It's actually surprising it took them this long to try something like that. I'd go nuts for those types of promotions too.
Certainly has gone much better than the "Subscribe to two Twitch streamers and watch 40 hours" or whatever the bullshit was for the last set of wings. At least I feel like I got something for my money this time, besides indigestion. Wish it wasn't tied to the McCrispy meal and apple pies, but whatever.

Certainly has gone much better than the "Subscribe to two Twitch streamers and watch 40 hours" or whatever the bullshit was for the last set of wings. At least I feel like I got something for my money this time, besides indigestion. Wish it wasn't tied to the McCrispy meal and apple pies, but whatever.
The Twitch sub thing was pretty safe after all. People already go to that site to watch game content. And many people can get a free sub from Amazon Prime I think, so from their perspective it was a good fit.

McDonald's has more to lose, and is probably harder to convince. But heck, at this point I'd say get Genshin in the Happy Meals, put them on a bag of chips and on cereal boxes. Go all out with it man.

I've never had any of those items by the way. Don't think they serve those at Mickey D's here.

Has anyone done the McDonald’s thing? My gf if bugging me to go because she really wants the wings, I don’t care personally, and I also don’t want to download the McDonald’s app, but she’s all about it. The problem is her McDonalds app is signed in under her Apple ID, and it’s an email she doesn’t use. Is that the only place the redemption code gets sent? Does it appear in the McDonalds app at all?

Edit.
Can you order both things at once or does it need to be separate orders?

Last edited:

Pejo

Has anyone done the McDonald’s thing? My gf if bugging me to go because she really wants the wings, I don’t care personally, and I also don’t want to download the McDonald’s app, but she’s all about it. The problem is her McDonalds app is signed in under her Apple ID, and it’s an email she doesn’t use. Is that the only place the redemption code gets sent? Does it appear in the McDonalds app at all?

Edit.
Can you order both things at once or does it need to be separate orders?
I would recommend holding off until they get caught up with the codes, there's currently like a 30 hour delay until you get them from when you pick up the order. But yea you can get both things, hope you like pies because the meal comes with one and the 2nd code is tied to getting another pie. Also make sure you read the instructions I posted earlier and enable the stuff on the app BEFORE you put in the order, or it will take even longer to get your code.

ap_puff

Neo Member
I would recommend holding off until they get caught up with the codes, there's currently like a 30 hour delay until you get them from when you pick up the order. But yea you can get both things, hope you like pies because the meal comes with one and the 2nd code is tied to getting another pie. Also make sure you read the instructions I posted earlier and enable the stuff on the app BEFORE you put in the order, or it will take even longer to get your code.
How much longer if you enabled it afterwards lol? I didn't realize the email notifications had to be turned on (had the reward thing turned on) until after

Pejo

How much longer if you enabled it afterwards lol? I didn't realize the email notifications had to be turned on (had the reward thing turned on) until after
No idea, but some people are past 48 hours already that didn't read the instructions first and enable the settings. Honestly it's kinda bullshit and it shouldn't be this complicated, but I am a firm believer that people should read things that they're signing up for, so...

ap_puff

Neo Member
No idea, but some people are past 48 hours already that didn't read the instructions first and enable the settings. Honestly it's kinda bullshit and it shouldn't be this complicated, but I am a firm believer that people should read things that they're signing up for, so...
Oh. Well no big deal, I'll wait a day and if not I'll just buy it again.

Nankatsu

I've decided to settle with earth shaker for Kinich. Gonna R5 it and call it a day.

He is level 70, with level 1 talents and occasionally already hits 40K hits already.

Running him with Furina, Bennet and Zhongli.

Top Bottom