• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia's 6th Congressional District Special Election |OT| Round 2: Fight!

Zyae

Nate Cohn‏Verified account
@Nate_Cohn
Follow
More
All of the analysis you've seen of the early vote lumps in person EV/Mail together! So the initial IPEV vote will not be as D as some expect

giga

All that's been counted is Fulton's in-person early vote guys. Fulton leans R, so that's no surprise, but we still have mail in early votes and election day votes.

Maxim726X

@Nate_Cohn
Follow
More
All of the analysis you've seen of the early vote lumps in person EV/Mail together! So the initial IPEV vote will not be as D as some expect

Hmm. I'll step away from the ledge... For now.

zelas

No early voting has been reported yet.

DAVID WASSERMAN 7:43 PM
I wouldn’t have expected Handel to be ahead in the Fulton County in-person early vote, but she is. We won’t have a firm idea of how things are going until we get results from whole precincts, so still a long way to go.

HARRY ENTEN 7:39 PM
Fulton County just dumped a whole bunch of early votes in Georgia. Handel is up by 3 there. We’ll have to see how the election day vote goes in Fulton (plus other counties), but that is a good result for Handel knowing nothing else.

Unless you're talking about mail in.

Zach

Man, he's going to baaarely lose and then we're gonna have to endure Trump tweets about Handel's great victory. v_v

Zyae

NATE SILVER 7:59 PM
There are actually three groups of votes to think about tonight: the election day vote, the early in-person vote and the early mail vote. It’s expected that the election day vote will be the best for Republicans, that the early mail vote will be best for Democrats and that the early in-person vote will be somewhere in between. According to Nate Cohn of The New York Times, the results reported so far in Fulton County are mostly the early in-person vote.

step back from the ledge.

Opto

Banned
Should he lose, it'll be with a smaller margin than expected for the district in decades

It will be disappointing. It'll feel like there's no justice in the world and that the country will continue its trend to vote in awful people. But please remember other districts will be easier than this to grab. And should you happen to live in one of those districts, you can do something about the hopelessness you may feel. Hell, we could probably unseat Paul Ryan. Look at this ad for the man running against the Speaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels

Even if he loses, this is a fucking wake up call and a warning to republicans. If he loses by 2 points Handel and every Republican should be fucking scared shitless for 2018. Handel will fuck up, and people will turn on her here.

@Nate_Cohn
Follow
More
Well... That's that. Another victory for Republicans.

We are a right wing nation.

Even if he loses, this is a fucking wake up call and a warning to republicans. If he loses by 2 points Handel and every Republican should be fucking scared shitless for 2018. Handel will fuck up, and people will turn on her here.
To be fair, I've been hearing about the death of the GOP for a long time. I can't wait for that day, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Top Bottom