• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

I'm not sure how you can prove that had a significant impact. It was such a hugely successful film that the majority of votes are very likely independent.

Much like how Ghostbusters will eventually balance out to something more realistic.
Well here's an article from back in 2008 regarding it. http://www.slashfilm.com/imdb-watch-are-dark-knight-fanboys-burying-the-godfather/ regarding the exactly thing I was referring to on the Dark Knight.

Ghostbusters will even out on it's rating and probably be a little higher than it is now.

Malyse

CnFSxjZXEAA0z0-.jpg:large

cr0w

Old Member
oh good lord.

I wish my wife wanted to see it. She thinks it looks dumb, but she dragged me to fucking The Shallows, so she owes me.

Tankard

Way higher scores than i thought it would had, still don't know if it's for me as none of the jokes on the trailers did it for me.

Yeah, and it's good to have some more female role models. This sort of stuff makes it all worth it:

It might not be the big return to form the fans wanted, but this is arguably more important.

My daughters can't stop talking about the Ghostbuster girls and wanting to see the movie.

Nothing else matters to me except that.

Damn I have no investment in this movie other than I disliked it for the lol and wanted to see it crash and burn because it's funny. :(

Now I can only pray for it to be a box office failure.

Damn it, well time to move on to Infinty Warfare. Gonna be the first time CoD crashes and burns, gonna be great. 😈😈😈

Platy

Damn I have no investment in this movie other than I disliked it for the lol and wanted to see it crash and burn because it's funny. :(

Damn it, well time to move on to Infinty Warfare. Gonna be the first time CoD crashes and burns, gonna be great. 😈😈😈

Trust me, it is MUCH MORE FUNNY if this movie gets praised by critics and is a box office hit.

Blue Lou

I've now seen it.

They wisely repurposed the
dance montage with the police and army
for the credits roll.

I took a 10-year-old girl, her review was "I thought it would have been better".

That's actually a nice sum-up. Not bad, not great. Missed potential. There were lots of references to the original films, some were ham-fisted, some worked really well such as the message on the company's answer machine: "
Ghostbusters, whaddaya want?
".

The cameos were not needed. Annie Potts' was my favourite. The villain seemed pretty weak.

Malyse

There is no way this can't be a joke.

OH?

70% of movie reviewers value social justice more than objective film criticism CONFIRMED

Many of the best critics in the industry are praising it it looks like.
I don't have a lot of faith in that since it's been clear for a while that anyone saying anything bad will be loudly branded a misogynist.

I am expecting quite a few SJW raging feminist types to give this shit a perfect 10 for shooting a ghost in the dick.

I can't wait for Paul Feig to call everyone a misogynist just because everyone thought it was unfunny garbage.

WTF? first Metacritic review is 70

i'm kinda mad about how soft the critics are being on this movie.

All of the vesti SJWs are going to feel mighty stupid when the doors open to the general public and those ratings...

deep-impact-gif.gif

So a company specializing in cutting trailers could not even make a good trailer of the terrible source footage? Yeah the movie is doomed, and it looks terrible anyway. I would not go in the same theater that is playing this in a different room.
This movie would have been way better as a spoof comedy of the original ghostbusters. Then if they made it funny they at least have something.
Also I personally dont like the cast being all women. I would not see it based on that alone unless it was amazing enough to make up for that.

Has nothing to do with the women, the cry babies defending the movie are the ones who keep bringing that up. 99% of the people who don't like it don't care that it's all women. Basically the SJW's are saying 'You don't like it? You're a misogynist!" Which also doesn't help the marketing of it. What needs to happen for people to like the movie is simple, it needs less suck...

The movie is sexist...against women. The natural progression of this already established film franchise is that if played out to it's natural conclusion, there would be a mix of genders and races on the Ghostbusters team. By rebooting and gimmicking it with an all female cast what Paul Feig has done is imply that women probably couldn't stand toe to toe with men as equals in a comedy, it's just better to give them the whole movie.

all 4 bimbo's are useless. Can't personally stand 3 of the 4 woman. And Bill murray backed this crap of a movie? Hahahaha

No sir, I believe it was *quite* real.

Y'know the reactions to this thing are pretty amusing already but imagine if it did well enough to spawn more than a single sequel - i reckon 'ghostbusters 3: the real ghostbusters' has a lovely ring to it.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Just home from seeing it. I enjoyed it. An uninteresting villain though, but overall I thought the performances were pretty good, Kate McKinnon being the stand out.

jstripes

Banned
Oh my god, I've read the phrase "passing the torch" way too many times today in regards to what fanboys would prefer from a new Ghostbusters movie.

Doubting Ghostbusters and doubting CoD. These are not smart bets you wanna make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom