• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

Oh shit, didn't realise that was an Aurahack Original™

2jf35Sv.png

Dude is so talented, hope he takes over GB's future merch design. Other guy had his chance.
Yeah Aurahack and Fobwashed are way better, I don't really wanna buy any of the current shirts =/

convo

I don't think my "Dan should main Dan Hibiki" post deserved this super serious response. And Jason plays a lot of fighting games, I don't think he ever called himself super great at it or anything.

It just sounds serious because it's a longer than average post. I just find it funny whenever Jason gets mad salty about something.
Also woho mad max impressions from Alex! Super stocked to have this back in our lives.

My podcast app isn't picking up the new episode yet. I put the premium feed days ago and even got the mic check.

2jf35Sv.png

Dude is so talented, hope he takes over GB's future merch design. Other guy had his chance.

I think Aurahack is a she.

Myggen

My podcast app isn't picking up the new episode yet. I put the premium feed days ago and even got the mic check.

The download file is missing its .mp3 extension. You can add that manually on a PC, but that's not possible if you download it to an app. So until they fix it you won't be able to download it to your app.

Backup solution is to just stream it from the player on the site.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pocket Casts just worked. I love that app.

2jf35Sv.png

Not a big fan of older designs here either, but don't throw him under the buzz like that.

Jintor

Damnit alex incorrect splatoon origin information. Oh well not important really

/edit wow this guest is a real downer on splatoon

The download file is missing its .mp3 extension. You can add that manually on a PC, but that's not possible if you download it to an app. So until they fix it you won't be able to download it to your app.

I gotta have to on my phone. I usually do some mundane shit while listening it on my app. Don't have the willpower to not distract myself if I listen to it on my desktop.

Myggen

I gotta have to on my phone. I usually do some mundane shit while listening it on my app. Don't have the willpower to not distract myself if I listen to it on my desktop.

But you could just listen to it from the player on the site. Should work on your phone.

just getting used to the new office

Myggen

Based on how I understand the Internet, some people might get a bit annoyed at him during the Witcher discussion - but there is not much to REALLY get annoyed at. However, I know there is people out there that will get annoyed at at the things on the Internet - like that Black Mesa video showed - so there may be some triggers here.

Haha, I remember CNET Jeff to be WAY WAY WAY more cynical about Nintendo than Mr. Gerstmann on the last 404 podcast Vinny was on, so I'm sure that will go over well ;)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh thank god my days of meticulously splitting up the bombcast so I can listen to it all week....... are over. I'm finally free, friends. I'm free!

Curufinwe

Bravo to the guys for the Black Mesa quick look.

Brad beating almost all of Bloodborne solo is impressive, but refusing to ever summon or run past enemies explains why he keeps saying how the game is bullshit. Co-op and avoidance are totally legitimate strategies so if you avoid them out of pride then it is going to make the game more annoying unless you're a very skilled player.

Xater

Brad beating almost all of Bloodborne solo is impressive, but refusing to ever summon or run past enemies explains why he keeps saying how the game is bullshit. Co-op and avoidance are totally legitimate strategies so if you avoid them out of pride then it is going to make the game more annoying unless you're a very skilled player.

I also only used summoning once during my playthrough. I had trouble with Rom but the person that was supposed to help me died almost immediately and then I did it alone after all.

Edit: God damn I just reached the part where Tim Schafer reads the focus group negatives from Psychonauts. I need to hear the whole thing. Somehow I missed that. Prime example of why focus groups are shit.

Megasoum

Banned
I also only used summoning once during my playthrough. I had trouble with Rom but the person that was supposed to help me died almost immediately and then I did it alone after all.

Edit: God damn I just reached the part where Tim Schafer reads the focus group negatives from Psychonauts. I need to hear the whole thing. Somehow I missed that. Prime example of why focus groups are shit.

If you don't already watch the show Silicon Valley well first of all fix that and check it out cause it's the best comedy on TV right now and second they had an AMAZING focus group scene last week-end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

To be fair, while I love psychonauts, I'm pretty sure it sold like shit.

Dunbar

I really like the idea of a Friday podcast. The first games podcast I ever listened to back in the day was 1Up Yours, which was usually posted around 5PM EST on Friday. It was a great routine to get off work, stop somewhere to pick up food and beer, and get home to download the podcast and fire up whatever game I was playing at the time. Whenever the Bombcast first started, I used to save it for Fridays, but it wasn't the same.

Xater

If you don't already watch the show Silicon Valley well first of all fix that and check it out cause it's the best comedy on TV right now and second they had an AMAZING focus group scene last week-end.

I am watching that show I am just 2 weeks behind.

To be fair, while I love psychonauts, I'm pretty sure it sold like shit.

Sure did, but if everything wasn't focus tested to shit people would actually have to buy stuff that wasn't designed for the lowest common denominator. If that means the market shrinks so be it. I'd be fine with that. Don#t need all those big budget games.

popo

I never summon as I don't currently have PS+ but not running past enemies sounds infuriating. Especially when you are doing a boss run for the countless time.

Yeah I was just pulling your leg, it is quite en epic of a quick look. Pretty jealous that you've never seen it before! Some amazing moments in it.

Enjoy it. It also doubles as Quick Look: Vinny Discovers the Internet.

Yeah that was... Quite an experience.

Damnit alex incorrect splatoon origin information. Oh well not important really

/edit wow this guest is a real downer on splatoon

Aww. Hope there's a good reason and not because it's something different that is Nintendo made.

Antiwhippy

I am watching that show I am just 2 weeks behind.

Sure did, but if everything wasn't focus tested to shit people would actually have to buy stuff that wasn't designed for the lowest common denominator. If that means the market shrinks so be it. I'd be fine with that. Don#t need all those big budget games.

Oh I agree, but market researchers don't care. It's not really their job to care though, and up to the developers and publishers to see how they want to incorporate that data.

Though I do remember Tim saying that psychonauts did make a small profit.

Curufinwe

I never summon as I don't currently have PS+ but not running past enemies sounds infuriating. Especially when you are doing a boss run for the countless time.

The two places I remember running being particularly useful was getting into the castle in Mensis, and then getting past the spider pigs at the end of Mensis. The spider pigs actually ended up killing those Shadow of Yarnham guys and giving me free Blood Echoes on my way to the Wet Nurse. It was great.

Xater

Oh I agree, but market researchers don't care. It's not really their job to care though, and up to the developers and publishers to see how they want to incorporate that data.

Though I do remember Tim saying that psychonauts did make a small profit.

But I think that was years later after sales and stuff. That's what enabled them to do the ports to Mac/Linus if I remember correctly.

Antiwhippy

But I think that was years later after sales and stuff. That's what enabled them to do the ports to Mac/Linus if I remember correctly.

It really is a shame how badly it did though, I wouldn't say it's the best platformer I've ever played mechanics-wise but I absolutely love the world and characters. Kinda my first exposure to tim schafer too.

cant get the beastcast to come up on the iOS Podcast app. que pasa meng

edit: seems there's no premium version of episode 0, probably due to a lack of ads? regardless, it's only 70mbs big so i don't know what the deal is with the rest of you.

Xater

Hmm the premium feed is still not working for me in iTunes. Is it for anyone else?

BTW I don't know why Vinny's bad pronunciation of "Nachtisch" would anger anyone. He didn't say anything offensive at all. It was just Nachtisch with the typical thing of English speakers not really being well at doing the "ch" sound.

LiK

Any spoilers for any games or movies in Beastcast? Vinny is usually pretty good about that stuff. Alex is hit or miss from his Bombin' days.

Teddified

Any spoilers for any games or movies in Beastcast? Vinny is usually pretty good about that stuff. Alex is hit or miss from his Bombin' days.

Not really, there is some Mad Max and Witcher talk but spoilers are basically kept to a bare minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom