• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

You're right that the most tense moments happen within the more dense camps, that's where a good number of mission took place though. I did upload some not so interesting clips early on when I first started playing but most of my videos are still raw 10 min chunks that I would need to cut down to the moment that I hit the record button for. I posted a video earlier in this thread showing off the D-Dogs stun attack and how it made taking down pairs more interesting. It's not the most exciting or tense moment but it's better than the early stuff I uploaded.

Yeah, I used a combo of a resupply drop, Quiet, and my own tranq pistol to take down three guys at same time. It was cool.

demidar

I almost always find ways to stick people up now since it's permanent. Also I've been charging out of cover and punching people in the face more since I have a handle on how long I have before an alert is called in.

MGSV's toolkit is just too good.

This game gets really exciting when you unlock
The Hand of Jehuty.

On a side note, Mission 40 was some tense shit. Having a real blast with all the gun customization too.

Anjin M

The game I'm worried about not getting enough attention come GOTY is Her Story. Such an incredible experience that only takes a few hours, but nobody from GBWest seems to have played it and it likely won't break the top 10.

The duders usually pass around a list of the games they think will come up at GOTY time. I can see several of them playing then, especially since it's so short.

AcridMeat

Banned
The end of Alex's Until Dawn playthrough was hilarious. I'm glad some stuff played out differently from Mary's run. I'm hoping they'll give Until Dawn it's fair praise in the GOTY stuff. I don't think anyone on west coast bomb played it right?

Messiah

The end of Alex's Until Dawn playthrough was hilarious. I'm glad some stuff played out differently from Mary's run. I'm hoping they'll give Until Dawn it's fair praise in the GOTY stuff. I don't think anyone on west coast bomb played it right?

I think Brad finished it and from what I remember he enjoyed it quite a bit.

Until Dawn was one of the biggest surprises for me this year, didn't expect this game to turn out nearly as good as it did.

popo

bad business you mean

It is likely in the contract. The la podfest people sell archives for a month after the event. Better than the flights etc coming out of the GB budget imo. If it is any consolation, most of 2014 ended up on youtube.

Jothel

I don't think the load times have been praised enough on MSGV - even going to Afghanistan etc it stills takes maybe 10 seconds

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They should make a deal with Capcom, they desperately need one. And take Castlevania with it, while you're at it.

jaina

The online messages at start-up are atrocious. The load times themselves (from SSD) are only a few seconds, yes. But as tuxfool said, all the sitting around in the chopper is annoying. And I still haven't found any of the CB fast travel points in Afgh.
So let's agree on decently-hidden background loading :)

tuxfool

Banned
So let's agree on decently-hidden background loading :)

Yeah, to iterate on what I said above.

The world geometry isn't significantly higher than the last-gen versions, most of the textures are low detail and pretty samey, and the maps have few npcs and objects lying around in the environment. It makes sense that more powerful machines would load in quickly assets that have last-gen considerations.

Background loading is easy, when you have comparatively little to load-in.

The online messages at start-up are atrocious.

Which is why I block its outgoing connections with my firewall.

Jason was right, the FOB thing is nice but hardly required. When blocked online, it doesn't even give me the tutorial.

i realise there's no video player out there that's gonna deal great with videos over 2 hours in length but yo gamespot player you're seriously messing with my enjoyment of this until dawn playthrough

Youtube's player does fine.

Jintor

i realise there's no video player out there that's gonna deal great with videos over 2 hours in length but yo gamespot player you're seriously messing with my enjoyment of this until dawn playthrough

Giant Bomb migrated from Amazon Web Services, right?

They currently have an issue, and it seems like it might spiral out and affect a bunch of places before it gets better. I don't want Metal Gear Scanlon to he affected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom