• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GB is video centric, which is why Patrick being in Chicago was not working out. For Vice he can just write articles from home and that's it.

Yeah I know, hence the heart vs head comment. I totally get that GB just isn't a good fit for him in his current living situation. I just miss seeing Patrick in their content and interacting with the guys regularly.

What is Vice going to be? Will there be fun videos/podcasts etc or will it just be stories about sexism and racism?

If it's the former, I can see Austin and Patrick making some good stuff. If it's the latter, zzzzzz.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

hamchan

Video is what the main form of video game coverage is nowadays. Jeff and Ryan saw that trending back in 2008. So it'll be a shame if Vice is mainly writing with not much video. Need to see more of our boy Austin.

Strax

I can't believe people are actually getting mad at Dan now. This is a great bit.

This is another thing. Almost every time a group of people don't agree with something GB does some people here can't seem to handle it. The discussion about this has been in the lines of "Man, I wish Dan would not do this because its stupid" and people are acting like its "FUCK GB FOREVER, I HATE DAN!!!"

This happens like clockwork. Same thing happen with the premium talk.

Mr. F

Banned
Video is what the main form of video game coverage is nowadays. Jeff and Ryan saw that trending back in 2008. So it'll be a shame if Vice is mainly writing with not much video. Need to see more of our boy Austin.

That's exactly what it'll be. I think it's pretty clear that Austin's primary interest is in longform pieces and curating features about lesser-covered perspectives in games. From what he's said he's very intent on building that kind of site, but I'm with you that I hope video features are part of it at some point

Natiko

Banned
So Dan is going to GB East? That should make for some great content. GB West will hopefully not take too long to get another hire in, hopefully someone with a lot of energy to keep the crew lively. Outside of occasionally Jeff, the other duders in SF are pretty mellow.

mattp

im pretty sure vice.com/gaming already existed before austin took over, and austin said he would only temporarily be running that site, while he sets up "his" new site. new url, new name, etc

Xater

im pretty sure vice.com/gaming already existed before austin took over, and austin said he would only temporarily be running that site, while he sets up "his" new site. new url, new name, etc

You are correct.

Which Final Fantasy Tactics was Peter talking about exactly ? I only played the one with the snowball fight at the beginning, is it that one ?

The original and the port of it to PSP. What you played is FF Tactics Advance, the disappointing and inferior games that somehow followed FF Tactics.

Curufinwe

Im just worried that if Dan moves here there is a 98% chance of him moving to Bergen County NJ. And as i stated he will need to buy a car to survive here. I just dont like the thought of Dan on my roads, NJ drivers are crazy enough already.

Vinny gets the train to work from NJ, doesn't he?

Maybe Dan can move in with the Caravellas while he gets settled.

Houndi101

The way Jason was talking about the whole thing in UPF to me made it sound it's not permament anyway.
"I need a vacation anyways so it's a win win for me" "Not only do I get a break from Dan..."

How do you mean I'm taking this too serious and being creepy and weirding all the duders out?

Also

So two weeks tops that Jason follows Dan to NY?

Bopped

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently it started in early 2015, guess I was wrong.

That's exactly what it'll be. I think it's pretty clear that Austin's primary interest is in longform pieces and curating features about lesser-covered perspectives in games. From what he's said he's very intent on building that kind of site, but I'm with you that I hope video features are part of it at some point

Perhaps they'll reserve video for in person or in-depth documentary type stuff instead of throwing video at everything. I still prefer articles to video as I need to dedicate time to video and sometimes it can be hard to keep up with so much content (esp. when so many are these 45+ minute long videos, 30 minutes of which are intros or non-sense).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The videos is going to be Austin traveling to Japan to buy all the gundam girl panties and talk about why they are the cause of Japan's population decline.

Vinny gets the train to work from NJ, doesn't he?

Maybe Dan can move in with the Caravellas while he gets settled.

Getting into the city for your job isn't an issue, but all other life activities basically require a car or you will be forced to rely on the shifty NJ transit system.

Ah he'll be on the Beastcast on Friday and then it'll be all over.

What do you think the chances are of a live stream today? Wednesday streams used to be a thing.

Scizzy

The way Jason was talking about the whole thing in UPF to me made it sound it's not permament anyway.
"I need a vacation anyways so it's a win win for me" "Not only do I get a break from Dan..."

Jason just knows that he will never escape the curse of Dan for the rest of his life and any respite will be temporary.

kuppy

So if Dan where to move to New York permanently it would then be the West coast that is looking for a new hire. But they would need another main video guy, right.
Do you think Alex would take over the news then?
Or are you prepared for the insanity in this thread if that means they need to hire two new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom