• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Patrick is doing a Mario Maker morning and said on Twitter that somebody might be calling in the show to talk about the future.

I'm at work so I can't watch myself.

Meguro

Banned
This talk about resources and Giantbomb having lots of cool ideas is somehow really depressing?
CBS please fund GB more thanks

Even though I expected this I've got to admit, I'm a bit disappointed. I know you all loved him but Austin never really clicked with me so I wasn't planning on following him to Vice. I'll probably read Patrick's stuff when he links to it on Twitter but apart from that I can't see myself watching/reading a lot of their content.

Even though I expected this I've got to admit, I'm a bit disappointed. I know you all loved him but Austin never really clicked with me so I wasn't planning on following him to Vice. I'll probably read Patrick's stuff when he links to it on Twitter but apart from that I can't see myself watching/reading a lot of their content.

I'd listen to a podcast if they start that.

BTA

Vinny gets the train to work from NJ, doesn't he?

Maybe Dan can move in with the Caravellas while he gets settled.

Dan babysitting Max buddy cop show???

I don't trust Dan to watch a child and I don't trust children to not be bad influences on New Dan (Ghost Dan? Punished Dan? Beast Dan?). Just think of what he could revert to.

I'd watch that buddy cop show, though.

EDIT: To be honest, I was... sorta hoping for newer voices than Patrick on Vice? But he's a good pick for an established voice and I'm looking forward to what he does there.

Fireblend

Banned
Can't wait for the Giant Vicecast debut.

Seriously though, so happy for the both of them. I hope everything goes super well for them, I'll definitely be following.

BearPawB

Banned
This talk about resources and Giantbomb having lots of cool ideas is somehow really depressing?
CBS please fund GB more thanks

I don't even think it is fully about the money. (obviously, money IS a big part)
I think it's more...creating live video all the time takes up time.
When you do live content ALL THE TIME, you can't have the freedom to do other stuff.

If Jeff and co decided: No quicklooks for 2 weeks, lets make a cool video series, they could do it. But they can't do that. They have already defined what the site is.

And I love that there will be 2 sites by people I love, that do very very different things

kuppy

This is so cool.

image8ljmx.jpeg

It will be this all day now for those two.

Just read the Patrick news.

Probably already been debated to death here but just wanted to send my thoughts on it.
Only 2 real options that I gather from here.

Vice deputy editor in chief.
Iron Galaxy

NOT BEAST seriously folks without looking I know people have been asking for this.
But no Patrick just got a house and he wants to stay close to family in Chicogo so no not moving to NY.

Maybe something totally different but least it will be not a new location it just won't be.
And it will not be petron please support me like thing also because he needs/wants far more then that is making a month.

What they should have done is have Patrick announce someone would appear on the Mario Maker Mornings stream and then have Dan appear, just for a few seconds and then leave before Austin called in.

Guess Who

Banned
Just read the Patrick news.

Probably already been debated to death here but just wanted to send my thoughts on it.
Only 2 real options that I gather from here.

Vice deputy editor in chief.
Iron Galaxy

NOT BEAST seriously folks without looking I know people have been asking for this.
But no Patrick just got a house and he wants to stay close to family in Chicogo so no not moving to NY.

Maybe something totally different but least it will be not a new location it just won't be.
And it will not be petron please support me like thing also because he needs/wants far more then that is making a month.

You're a little late for guessing, buddy.

This thing that Jeff built is pretty cool.

He must feel satisfaction seeing guys he brought through cash in on their hard work with cool projects like this.

We just need the next one to be a Giant Bomb lifer and we're all set for the new generation.

Myggen

I mean, that one video they put out a few weeks ago was really good.

I expect a lot of documentary style video content rather than just playing games

If you're talking about that mini documentary that was Vice proper (or the technology site I can't remember the name of), not Vice Gaming, I think.

BearPawB

Banned
If you're talking about that mini documentary that was Vice proper (or the technology site I can't remember the name of), not Vice Gaming, I think.

Either way it is obviously the style of video content they want to pursue. Austin just said as much when talking to Patrick

Catvoca

Banned
Austin's gushing about Patrick on twitter. This is some great news

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/760863787834630144

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/760864003740532736

@austin_walker: Years ago I got into a debate with a friend about whether "games journalism" is really journalism. Patrick was my strongest counter-argument

@austin_walker: He is, bar-none, the best reporter in the game. He breaks stories, digs deep into complex topics, and remains grounded all the while

He is going to GBEast
REALLY?
Like for real? WOW did not see that one coming :O:O:O:O

Man great for him but man I hate to lose Dan over at west because I want him to finish up Mario Party series and just like him at the podcast etc.

And does that mean they will be looking for a new person on West or just a switch up and that is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom