• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys are crazy. Overwatch is easily the best game this year. It's like rocket league except good.

Also, invisible inc is out on iOS. Makes a really good iPad game.

It's not Hitman or Doom though so they have to use as much hyperbole as possible to try to disprove it.

See Mario Maker from insane MGS fans on this very OT.

oti

Banned
You guys are crazy. Overwatch is easily the best game this year. It's like rocket league except good.

giphy.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Pretty sure I just reached the point where Recore wears out it's welcome. I also thought I was like 25% done, looked at a walk through and realized it's more 75%. Which is not that bad seeing how the game get's really tedious? I guess?

Also Overwatch is a good game but it's not even the best multiplayer shooter this year. As long as Mei is a character in that game it should be banned from all GotY lists.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GOTY 2017 got it locked anyways
y0re-1-600x337.jpg

Pretty sure I just reached the point where Recore wears out it's welcome. I also thought I was like 25% done, looked at a walk through and realized it's more 75%. Which is not that bad seeing how the game get's really tedious? I guess?

Also Overwatch is a good game but it's not even the best multiplayer shooter this year. As long as Mei is a character in that game it should be banned from all GotY lists.

If we're banning Mei from all GOTY lists then we should ban Tone from all GOTY lists as well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sonic Colors was good
Sonic Generations was good
Sonic Spinball was good
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was good
Sonic Mania will probably be good.

You seem very wrong.

SomberOwl

Will the crew be talking over the game awards?

It would be so great if they did. It would make sitting through all the fluff just to get to the reveals / trailers much more enjoyable.

At least last year it wasn't so bad, they kept it pretty tight and spaced out the reveals pretty well. But man the GB commentary, specifically Jeff's over TGA would be so great.

oti

Banned
spoken like a true nintendo avatar

Don't give me that stupid spiel. Traditional Sonic was good for like 15 minutes. After that there wasn't enough to back up and entire game.

I liked some DS games and I appreciated the RPG for its audaciousness, too bad it wasn't that good. Also heard good stuff about Colours on Wii.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I had a friend with a Game Gear and I loved everything on it just because it was so advanced compared to a Game Boy. It even had a TV set! Also, the batteries lasted about 5 minutes.

oti

Banned
What if we just skip GOTY and they go back to making regular content?
We'd all be better off for it.

No. We need this. Some things have to be said and done no matter how painful.

I'll start.

Twin Tails, I think the way you link stuff on here is kinda questionable. Like in between words. That's odd.

It's a circle of love, not a circle of hate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Jeff plays the old games before the holidays like they used to

and not gang beasts, dick stacking game, other dumb dick stacking game, you dont know jack, or 4 player jumping brawl sidescroller game.

Hindl

Will the crew be talking over the game awards?

It starts 6PM GB West time, I doubt they want to be in the office till 8 or 9.

Also I feel like 2D Sonic was only good once you knew the levels and were able to speed through them and get into that state of flow. When I first started Sonic levels and had to slowly and methodically make my way through it it just felt vastly inferior to other 2D platformers. Once I learned the levels and could go fast through them it improved a lot.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Sonic is a better character than Mei

Also I just beat the last boss in Recore (?) and the game now wants me to collect all the Super Mario Stars and I'm not sure if I'm gonna do that.

The only Sonic I ever liked was Sonic Adventure 2... and that was mainly because of the Chao Garden stuff, not even the real game.

OW is awesome btw.

pizzacat

Banned
Finally 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Make a patreon so I could throw money at you

Johndoey

Banned
Why does XV think I care about Luna? You send no time with her, you know nothing about her except she's your stock standard priestess character.

In fact the game barely justifies why Noctis cares about her.

jaina

What's your experience with Patreon?

I'm supporting a dude who reviewing a book series I like and I think he does it well, for the most part. The problem I'm paying per video and he's been getting greedy, I think. Somewhere in the middle of the book series he started cutting each review into 2 parts so I'm paying double what I thought I would and as of late he's been making videos about books that are kinda related to the books he's been reviewing and for some reason getting lasik.

So right now it over 60% of what I've paid him has nothing to do with what I expected and he said at the start.
My "creators" haven't pulled something like that yet.
If noone else has complained yet in the comments, do that. It's the dude's decision what he wants to do as a paid post, the related books could be free. Or he does a lower tier for the main books only.
Also put a monthly limit on your pledge. Or you could even cut it to half, but that would put you on a lower reward tier, I assume.

Why does XV think I care about Luna? You send no time with her, you know nothing about her except she's your stock standard priestess character.

In fact the game barely justifies why Noctis cares about her.

I know you shouldn't have to, but go watch Brotherhood/Kingsglaive and you will get a little more of that... still not much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom