• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Regarding Beth Wilder... did none of them choose that way and played the rest of the game with Nick? He is hilarious and may be my character of the year. So many funny moments.

derFeef

Sooo... not to sound like and asshole, but is Dan actually there? He is just sitting there, not taking part at all. Even Drew has more mike time.

Is there crow eating being done yet by all the people who said SFV would for sure win most disappointing even though No Man's Sky had it locked up all along?

kai3345

Banned
In the discussions about Helmet Kreuger's character, they didn't even talk about the best part, the fact that he's
also actually a fucking assassin, but is a huge wimp. If you get another disguise you can sit in on the meeting with Margolis where she assigns Kreuger a hit, and then she hands Kreuger a vial of cyanide to take if the job goes south. After the meeting if you follow Kreuger you can hear him stressing out about being in over his head.

Mr. F

Banned
Anybody kind of...not feeling the GOTY podcasts so far? It's hard to put my finger on it but it feels really low energy compared to years past. Maybe it's that Alex/Jeff are the only ones that seem to have played a lot of stuff enough to actually talk about it.

edit; should say, the videos have been great so far. I'll take more of these over skits any year.

Meguro

Banned
DOOM was a lock back when it was released.
The very first thing I said about GOTY in this thread was that DOOM will win 100%.
It's the easiest call to make of any of the categories.

DOOM was a lock back when it was released.
The very first thing I said about GOTY in this thread was that DOOM will win 100%.

If last year taught us anything, it's that nostalgia is a powerful ally. I'll go as far as to say unless Zelda BotW is a total nightmare game, it has next year on lock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If last year taught us anything, it's that nostalgia is a powerful ally. I'll go as far as to say unless Zelda BotW is a total nightmare game, it has next year on lock.

I don't think any of them care that much about Zelda aside from Dan. If Link Between Worlds nostalgia wasn't enough to win GOTY, I doubt BOTW will.

Meguro

Banned
Is Superhot worth buying? It seems cool, but isn't it really short?

I really liked the game parts of Superhot but everything around it (the OS and stuff out of the "game") I thought was super lame.
And yeah, it's super short. I finished it in 3 hours according to steam.

Listening to the best debut category on day 1 and I get it .. 'opinions' and all that .. but Devil Daggers makes it further than The Division? Are you kidding me?

I don't think any of them care that much about Zelda aside from Dan. If Link Between Worlds nostalgia wasn't enough to win GOTY, I doubt BOTW will.

Link Between Worlds was too similar to LTTP. I think Mario Maker and Doom succeed both being great games but also leveraging nostalgia in the right ways to still feel fresh.

If you think that you don't know these people well enough.

I'd say the same if you don't think that. If you want to fight about it, I'll grab my bat.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There's only one video for day two right? Please say yes, I don't know how much content I can actually watch in such a short time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom