• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

DID SOMEONE SAY DAN IS A TRUMP SUPPORTER

Oh god top of page. This is a joke.

I believe this stems from Dan making a statement years ago, when talking about Jesse Ventura, that he would vote for any member of the WWE Hall of Fame without a second of thought. Donald Trump is a WWE Hall of Famer, who was part of the biggest buyrate for a PPV that WWE had done in it's history to that point, his Hair vs Hair match with Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 23 (It was only beaten by Wrestlemania 28's Twice in a Lifetime main event)

Glad to hear Dan talk about Everything or Nothing... That game is SOOOOO GOOD

The 007 game. Yeah, it was great. I think some of the people behind it went on to work on 007 Bloodstone (developed by Bizarre Creations*) for Activision, as well. That was actually pretty decent (plus it had Daniel Craig and Judi Dench reprising their roles). The soundtrack was spot on.

Known for many games, including Project Gotham Racing and Blur. Unsurprisingly, Bloodstone has some racing levels. Bloodstone (released in 2010) was their final game before closing in 2011.

imBask

Banned
Don Bradman Cricket 17 is out today and European sports expert Danny O'Dwyer isn't there to help the Giant Bomb crew anymore

this makes me sad

Ketch

Wut. That's funny. Dan can be funny when's he's not playing his dumb guy bit super hard. But he saved GB haha.

I mean he's kinda been the driving force behind most of the good content since he's joined the site.

I don't know if GB needed saving, but Dan has made giant bomb great again.

Dan has mentioned a couple of times on Metal Gear Scanlon that Quentin Flynn is apparently a nightmare to deal with. Does anyone know what he is talking about?

Phediuk

7/15/2008 Bombcast:

Ah yes, the days when Final Fantasy 13 could unironically be called Sony's "biggest exclusive" and the release of which on Xbox could be seen as a stinging blow to the Playstation brand.

Phediuk

7/15/2008 Bombcast:

throughout the E3 2008 coverage, Ryan has had nothing but glowing praise for the shrunk-down E3 (which was abandoned after this year.) The others are also fairly positive on the miniaturized show, though Brad does think it feels weird to hold the show in a convention center that is now mostly empty.

tuxfool

Banned
Trump and Dan both live their lives as a reality-tv experiment. Ignoring money and politics, they are the same person.

You're saying Dan is a racist dipshit with aggressive tendencies of sexually assaulting people?

Poor Dan, it is unfortunate how some people like to put him down.

Megasoum

Banned
7/15/2008 Bombcast:

Mercenaries 2 was Ryan's E3 Game of the Show for 2007 and 2008.

Sigh... So sad.... Man what a shitshow that game was... Probably biggest drop of quality in a sequel I've seen. The first one is sooooo goood. Sucks that we can't play it anywhere anymore.

Megasoum's talk of Mario Galaxy in 4K made me want to see it.

Galaxy 2 looks fucking awesome too. With the Steam controller emulating a Wiimote, it plays incredibly well. I can still use the cursor with the gyro and/or right pad, and I can just map the shake stuff to a button.

My next challenge is getting Skyward Sword set up with the Steam Controller. Problem is, Dolphin doesn't support Wii Remote Plus emulation. Hmm...

Megasoum

Banned
Megasoum's talk of Mario Galaxy in 4K made me want to see it.

Galaxy 2 looks fucking awesome too. With the Steam controller emulating a Wiimote, it plays incredibly well. I can still use the cursor with the gyro and/or right pad, and I can just map the shake stuff to a button.

My next challenge is getting Skyward Sword set up with the Steam Controller. Problem is, Dolphin doesn't support Wii Remote Plus emulation. Hmm...

Is there a HD Texture Pack available for SMG2? Haven't checked yet (I'm almost done with the main path of SMG1 and not sure I'll go for the 120 stars).

Yeah pretty much sure it's impossible to do anything for Wii Motion Plus games.

Also because I saw you pop-up on Dolphin in Steam I finally decided to add Dolphin and the individual games to Steam so now I can just boot SMG1 straight from teh right click Steam menu in the tray. I got a SMG2 custom Grid View icon in the gaf thread but couldn't find one for SMG1

Is there a HD Texture Pack available for SMG2? Haven't checked yet (I'm almost done with the main path of SMG1 and not sure I'll go for the 120 stars).

Also yeah prettymuch sure it's impossible to do anything for Wii Motion Plus games.

I haven't checked for an HD texture pack, but it looks so good as-is I don't really need one. Maybe some higher-res HUD elements would be good.

I'm going to try to hook up my Wii Remote Plus via my Dolphinbar, and then see if I can switch out the active controller for my emulated Steam Controller Wiimote. Worth a try!

Megasoum

Banned
I haven't checked for an HD texture pack, but it looks so good as-is I don't really need one. Maybe some higher-res HUD elements would be good.

I'm going to try to hook up my Wii Remote Plus via my Dolphinbar, and then see if I can switch out the active controller for my emulated Steam Controller Wiimote. Worth a try!

Yeah, the HD Hud is the biggest advantage of the HD Texture Pack in SMG1 but hey, it's all in one pack so might as well get the game textures too! I thought it looked great before but man with the pack...It's something else...

Yeah, the HD Hud is the biggest advantage of the HD Texture Pack in SMG1 but hey, it's all in one pack so might as well get the game textures too! I thought it looked great before but man with the pack...It's something else...

I'll give it a look!

Seems I can't trick Skyward Sword into allowing emulated Wiimote. Even Hybrid Wiimote won't work. I really hope the devs figure out Remote Plus emulation at some point.

I'm only through episode 2, and I hate to sound like one of those people complaining about how other people play games...

...but please tell me he realizes there's a lock-on button and learns what it is at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom