• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

I wonder if Jeff actually looks at every application or he screens them beforehand via hr

He said on Jar Time CBS sorts that out after talking to him "What kind of person do you want" etc and I guess they give him a list of X people.

Mr. F

Banned
Why?

Im hyped for Project Octopath Traveler.

I popped into the thread about the JP gameplay stream and it looks really fun. That and the post running down the mechanics in greater detail made me pretty excited for it, which I was kind of surprised by since it wouldn't typically be my kind of game.

Plus the style is rad.

Xater

Dear god Drew is awful at character action games. I should probably just skip to the cut scenes.

Edit: Mostly drew needs to stop fucking ninja running all the time. That makes him incredibly ineffective in combat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speculation time, but I wonder if any of the former Gamespot people are under consideration. I'm not sure if they're even working in games press anymore though.

minty_ice

Banned
Dear god Drew is awful at character action games. I should probably just skip to the cut scenes.

Edit: Mostly drew needs to stop fucking ninja running all the time. That makes him incredibly ineffective in combat.

They give you a cool anime run button and you except him not to use it?

Mupod

2 episodes into MGR, loving their reactions so far. I always thought it was HIGHLY strange that Dan seemed so ambivalent about MGR, since it's such a Dan game. It does seem like he was just down on it at release because it wasn't a 'real' MGS game and MGSV was a long ways off.

I get their logic behind playing on easy but I winced a bit during Mistral. Drew talks about how he's not button mashing while he spends the entire fight trying to win just by brute force mashing attack (although to be fair that fight is easy on hard mode too). Then as he ignores the main blade mode mechanic of the fight (cutting the spear in half) comments that he's not really missing out on anything by playing on easy. Hopefully the later bosses pose more of a challenge, but I'll take this over him getting frustrated and annoyed by the game.

When I saw how few episodes there were I assumed they were skipping the codec conversations so that's not surprising at all. Some of them can get pretty dry but I loved all of it, the codec stuff is where the most 'metal gear'-ness is found in Rising. And there's a ton of it. I wonder how many players missed it entirely.

In the end I wasn't expecting high level play or anything so I'm just happy they seem to be enjoying it. Can't wait to see how they deal with that final boss.

Welp I randomly have the day off work so I can be home while a dude replaces my garage door. #HomeOwnership

Guess I'll play this MGR thing everyone keeps talking about.

repeater

Man, I wish Austin would come back and start leaking the internal chat logs of GB like he does at Waypoint. This thread would be in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom