• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only through episode 2, and I hate to sound like one of those people complaining about how other people play games...

...but please tell me he realizes there's a lock-on button and learns what it is at some point.

If it makes you feel better

He randomly locks on when its needed

Joeku

Done with the Rising videos. So glad they played it. That game cannot get enough love.

And I haven't played it for a year or so. Some of that stuff towards the end...woof. Thanks, Mark.

Oh no 'Easy' difficulty.

Please tell me it's like normal, but the only difference is the parrying?

The auto-parrying is a separate option from the difficulty. Other things are easier too, like blade time lasting an eternity which lets Drew basically stay in ripper mode permanently later in the game.

justjim89

God the new player is still so shitty for me. Constantly skipping. I get better playback on the Video Buddy on my phone. Makes watching premium videos a chore.

Bsigg12

Man, watching Rising and Dan is encouraging Drew not to parry which is disappointing. I don't even care that he played on easy but the game is so much better with the parry.

bigkrev

SPOILERS, but here is a list of things that don't happen in the run:

-No alternate costumes, even after Dan freaks out about Grey Fox suit and they both laugh about Mariachi outfit
-After the first time they have access to it, the Codec is never used again
-No sub weapons are ever purchased, much less equipped

Phediuk

7/16/2008 Bombcast:

Jeff's band opened for Run DMC, Bloodhound Gang, and Nerf Herder.

Knew about Bloodhound Gang, but not the other two.

BearPawB

Banned
SPOILERS, but here is a list of things that don't happen in the run:

-No alternate costumes, even after Dan freaks out about Grey Fox suit and they both laugh about Mariachi outfit
-After the first time they have access to it, the Codec is never used again
-No sub weapons are ever purchased, much less equipped

Honestly, maybe i'm a scrub but i found all of the
sub weapons
completely useless

hamchan

Dan and Drew seems to be zoned out of the game while having their non-related conversation and I'm zoned out of their conversation while having the video on in the background. This is multiple layers of being zoned out.

justjim89

tumblr_ojwtmsTVs21u5eu8ao1_1280.png

tfw you learn that Paul Ryckert is full of shit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
God the new player is still so shitty for me. Constantly skipping. I get better playback on the Video Buddy on my phone. Makes watching premium videos a chore.
Even video buddy has been freaking out on me lately. The stream icon doesn't come up until I open the news section for a few seconds then go back to the main menu.

Honestly, maybe i'm a scrub but i found all of the
sub weapons
completely useless

The best one is definitely Mistrals. (why are we spoilering sub weapons for a 6 year old game). I think out of all of them, it's the strongest guard breaker, the longest reach, and actually usable.

BearPawB

Banned
The best one is definitely Mistrals. (why are we spoilering sub weapons for a 6 year old game). I think out of all of them, it's the strongest guard breaker, the longest reach, and actually usable.

idk he spoiler-ed so i followed suit.

I would use each for about 30 seconds then say, "eh, id rather use the sword"

Jeffrey

Maybe its because they played on easy, but i kinda end up scrubbing a bit more than i'd like this ER.

There banter about stuff was fun, but just wasn't much 'excitement' from watching the video vs just having it on the background.

shame they missed out the codecs.

Jintor

I'm very very sad drew apparently never learnt the rule of "parry everything".

Just skipped ahead to the monsoon fight

Banter is good though and Cutscene reactions are what I was hoping for

I think the Giant Machines quick look sorta broke me. Like.. I don't have a problem with Dan asking questions about random stuff but at the same time, I think 5 minutes of that quick look was just Vinny trying to teach Dan how to change a tire.

Edit: Just saw that people were talking about it already, been catching up with all the new stuff.

drews reaction to 'make america great again' was perfect

and I forgot how damn good the dialogue is in this game. 8-4 did fucking fantastic.

Guess Who

Banned

The huge range on the pole arm is also great for crowd control, especially for stuff like swarms of dwarf gecko. For bosses, it's only really useful in Mistral's own fight, but it's pretty powerful in normal combat.

Also you can plant the pole and swing around it like that fucking Matrix Reloaded bit, so

I'm very very sad drew apparently never learnt the rule of "parry everything".

Just skipped ahead to the monsoon fight

He kinda figures it out around the A.I. Monsoon fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom