• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuchu

Ugh watching MGR is painful.

At what point does Drew remember he can parry?

Eh, don't take it too seriously. They're here for the batshit insane story and for a fun ride. Although, at one point Drew says he feels as though he's not thinking when slicing dudes up. Well yeah, that's cos you're playing on easy automatic. It's ok though, a great and bombastic end to Metal Gear Scanlon.

LiK

He's playing on Easy and for the story so it's no big deal. I don't believe he actually starts parrying a lot until
Monsoon fight
. He actually tried it there. I mainly skipped all the regular combat segments cuz watching people play those parts is pretty boring in general.

TyPGPnz.png

Wunder

They had like a month-long gap between part 2 and 3 I think. Around part 4 Drew says something to the effect of "You're right, left stick and X does parry!", so it's safe to assume he forgot all about it.

Joeku

He's playing on Easy and for the story so it's no big deal. I don't believe he actually starts parrying a lot until
Monsoon fight
. He actually tried it there. I mainly skipped all the regular combat segments cuz watching people play those parts is pretty boring in general.

That fight is so full of telegraphed attacks, it's like the "you get what this game is, right?" test.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That feeling when they read emails on the Beastcast and you hear "This email comes from [your name] and he has written about [your subject]" just to find out that it's somebody else's email. Fuck you other John. I hope you burn in hell.

Gurrry

Im in a bit of a panic mode, but I start my first statistics class today and apparently the professor wants us all to have our book for graded assignments on day one.

I normally wait until the next class to get my book in case we can get the previous edition, or who knows, maybe you dont need it all.

After calling all the bookstores in my area.. I cant find it. My only option is to download the EBook. However, she also said we cant use any internet connected devices... meaning no laptops or kindles.

So.. the only option I have is to download the EBook, somehow convert it to a PDF, and print it.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Remove the DRM from an ebook and print it?

popo

energy zone is a fucked up level. and it's 10x that if you're playing 2 players.

Sure but it looked like they were having control issues.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Remove the DRM from an ebook and print it?

Converting to PDF is no problem.

If you can get an EPUB then there is no DRM.

If you can only get if from amazon then ripping it is pretty straight forward with a program like Calibre. I have done it myself on a kindle book I own.

Is anyone having trouble with the video player on phones? It plays for 5-10 minutes and just stops. I spend weekdays away from home where I only have my phone and it would be nice to watch some gb in my downtime. Of course, too much content is never a bad thing but I'm way behind.

Gurrry

Sure but it looked like they were having control issues.

Converting to PDF is no problem.

If you can get an EPUB then there is no DRM.

If you can only get if from amazon then ripping it is pretty straight forward with a program like Calibre. I have done it myself on a kindle book I own.

I am not sure if its an epub, but i am getting it from amazon. Do you know if theres a difference between me renting it or buying it?

edit: def not an epub, this book is so hard to find that im lucky amazon even has it.

popo

I am not sure if its an epub, but i am getting it from amazon. Do you know if theres a difference between me renting it or buying it?

edit: def not an epub, this book is so hard to find that im lucky amazon even has it.

okay, if it is amazon it will be AZW3/mobi format.

You are legally allowed to remove DRM on your own books as long as you are not distributing them (depending on country lol)

examples on google such as

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/06/25/how-add-kindle-drm-removal-plugin-calibre/

I don't know how renting works on kindle but as long as you can see the file and the kindle desktop app is linked to your amazon account it should work out. If you are on MAC then you will have to google specific instructions for a different program.

Fantastapotamus

Man, what a cool world we live in. To access my Uplay account I need Google Authenticator. But since I've bought a new phone in the meantime that shit doesn't work anymore (apparently). Off to write Ubisoft support....except to do that I need to log into my account. Which I can't do. Cool
So now I can call Ubisoft in Germany which will probably cost me a fucking fortune. I'm honestly tempted to just call it a loss , forget my Uplay account and move on.

Man, what a cool world we live in. To access my Uplay account I need Google Authenticator. But since I've bought a new phone in the meantime that shit doesn't work anymore (apparently). Off to write Ubisoft support....except to do that I need to log into my account. Which I can't do. Cool
So now I can call Ubisoft in Germany which will probably cost me a fucking fortune. I'm honestly tempted to just call it a loss , forget my Uplay account and move on.

but all those uplay points!

Yesterday I got to watch Metal Gear Scanlon Rising, today a Bo5 between Flash and Jaedong in Brood War. Commentated by Tasteless and Artosis. Also, Bombcast today. Pretty good week so far.

derFeef

Wouldn't that be a general problem with all 2-step verifications?

Fantastapotamus

Wouldn't that be a general problem with all 2-step verifications?

No idea, this is the first time I've used Google Authentication and will probably be the last time. I was under the impression that thing worked on an account basis, but apparently not. I just don't understand why I can't chat with anybody or write an email. Why do I have to phone Ubisoft, ffs.

Gurrry

okay, if it is amazon it will be AZW3/mobi format.

You are legally allowed to remove DRM on your own books as long as you are not distributing them (depending on country lol)

examples on google such as

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/06/25/how-add-kindle-drm-removal-plugin-calibre/

I don't know how renting works on kindle but as long as you can see the file and the kindle desktop app is linked to your amazon account it should work out. If you are on MAC then you will have to google specific instructions for a different program.

Ok yeah, I just bought it. Now i just gotta figure out how to print it. Thanks for the help!

jaina

Calibre has a OSX version and the plugin should be OS agnostic.

Hindl

Jeff - 'I wonder where my ambassador 3DS is. That is where my head is at with the Switch's pricing'.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Im part of a problem, they got me for launch. But if sales slow after March and they do a price cut at E3, I wouldn't be mad about an ambassador program

popo

Tangentially related, but this video on why the translation for Suda was so off during the event is great. Dude just went off on a crazy tangent and the poor translator had to try to salvage it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCotFfxRlUc

Kinda as I thought. They (the translators) obviously had a version of the script as the speakers were going way too fast for live translation. It worked well until Suda. You could tell they had some form of script as the translator mentions Travis Touchdown before Suda shows the picture of him.

oti

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334867

Just a reminder that one Bradley Shoemaker said that Rise of the Tomb Raider "Out-Uncharted Uncharted".

Rhianna Pratchett is doing the George Lucas come to god moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL4pzuwSUQ

Pretty sure he meant gameplay wise. Don't forget, he's Brad. if there is busy work to do, stuff to craft or things to collect, he likes it. No matter how pointless it all is.

Jeff - 'I wonder where my ambassador 3DS is. That is where my head is at with the Switch's pricing'.

I can't wait to hear Jeff talk about the video game business some more. I bet he'll bring up "two lines" again and a point where "those two lines meet". Don't get me wrong, I love Jeff and all (and economics do have to do a lot with lines, fair point) but this isn't really their strength. Like, at all. But that's just video game press in general. I'm pretty sure there is no company on the entire planet that gets more free business advice than Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom