• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Sweet, I should be watching it soon.

The book is strange. I'm 2/3 through it and basically nothing has really happened. It's also nothing like the show at all beside characters.

Is this your first Dick?
lol

Those two sentences could sum up both every Philip K Dick novel and just about every Philip K Dick adaptation. I think the closest they have got is A Scanner Darkly and I didn't like either the book or the film, so you know they did a good job.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This game looks great.

It certainly looks like a Jason UPF game but I love the look of it.

Note: I did just start watching. It's got a look though. And that look is great.

raw

UPF as a whole, not just this segment

this shit reached the TNT doldrums two years ago

is marvel heroes good? It always looked kinda interesting but I was turned off by the F2P stuff

I was always curious in it too. Can I play as Jessica Jones?

Dunno about Jessica, but from what I played of MH it's fun. And by this I mean I spent hundreds of hours playing it somehow... ohmygodwhat. Though seriously, it's a good fit if you like trying different builds--MH is all about collecting and levelling the heroes for various benefits. There's enough gifts and rewards going around that you can get heroes at a steady clip. (Unless something has changed, mind.)

It's not Diablo 2, Path of Exile, or Grim Dawn-tier or anything like that, but it is pleasant and without a crushing feeling that they want you to spend money on something. The only real F2P issue is inventory space, which is really a matter of figuring out what's worth keeping and what's not. Note that if you're really enjoying the game, getting some STASH inventory room is the absolute best investment you can make.

The only thing is there was a big update recently, so it's a little buggy. Folks over in the MH |OT| were suggesting people wait a few weeks before diving in so they can sort things out.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'd put Marvel Heroes around the same level as Diablo 3. Normal playthrough is more fun than the average first playthrough of a game like this, a whole bunch of end game options, skill builds you can adjust on the fly, and largely enjoyable for the "Hey I know that guy!" factor.

Microtransactions aren't terrible, but the game definitely wants to encourage you to buy more inventory space with a ton of bullshit. You can fully level a few characters without needing to spend money on one though (more if you don't care which character you want and are okay using in-game currency on random characters).

Gestahl

I've watched three random videos in the past three days from different periods of time and all of them have Dan blabbering on about No Holds Barred and Vince and Hogan rewriting the script on cocaine

Oh right, the random hero box. I completely forgot about that.

As you sink hours into it, suddenly the thought of buying heroes seems like a good deal. It isn't. But the temptation of convenience is hard to overcome (e.g. on Steam where it comes with a hero STASH). Resist!

For ARPGs, I really think Grim Dawn is the best right now. No free-to-play garbage, distilling the best ideas in the genre into a single game. It has an ingenius way of building characters, tying exploration and area progression directly into how a character is built via the constellation system, plus traditional ARPG itemisation and level progression. And items are actually meaningful beyond their default stats. All of this makes every action meaningful in a way that other ARPGs aren't--the closes one is Path of Exile, which fumbles the execution by being free-to-play.

GD is getting an expansion at some point, too.

Mr. F

Banned
I really want to see vinny play breath of the wild

"So is that the same link as in ocarina?"

"Is that a real instrument??"

"Why doesn't he have a tunic?"

"Is Zelda the same Zelda or a new Zelda? Do they do the reincarnation thing?"

"Are hylians - that's how you say that, right? Hylians not hillians? Are they supposed to be elves with the pointy ear things? Is there a difference?"

"So you know how people say every game is connected? Is that a real thing by Nintendo or just a dumb Internet thing?"

*tangent on terminator series/multiple timelines*

"Is time travel actually possible or is it just a cool movie thing?"

"Are hylians- that's how you say that, eight? Hylians not hillians? Are they supposed to be elves with the pointy ear things? Is there a difference?"

"So you know how people say every game is connected? Is that a real thing by Nintendo or just a dumb Internet thing?"

Vinny/Alex. Believe!

"Are hylians - that's how you say that, right? Hylians not hillians? Are they supposed to be elves with the pointy ear things? Is there a difference?"

we all know that Dan would know that an Ocarina is real because he'd talk about how he saw the ads for buying one in Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom