• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

7/17/2008 Bombcast:

Brad interviewed Denis Dyack at E3 and asked him about the argument he got into on NeoGAF. Dyack refused to comment.

neshcom

Banned
It was fun seeing Drew's photos and videos from Japan! Seeing those really niche rhythm games is cool and then we watched one of Perfume's alright-er live performances. That and puppie-pics should be a good omen for the rest of it. As someone really tuned into jpop, that bit of conversation was neat to experience :)

Meguro

Banned
So UPF was good and then it was bad again?
Also woof Danny. Not a good look mate.
I get it, high road and stuff. But against actual nazis?
Naaaah, I'm good.

oti

Banned
Mary is leaving? Damn why should I even bother with GameSpot video now.

I watched some of their Switch event videos and they were all pretty great. No idea who these people were but I still enjoyed their work. Not that I would listen to a podcast with them but not everything has to be personality driven like GiantBomb.

Snagret

I don't see anything wrong with what Danny said. Punching people during a protest doesn't help anyone/thing
*literal Nazis

I may not particularly agree with Danny in this situation but I think some of the responses he got were ridiculous.
He really just should've kept his mouth shut, not because I disagree with him (I do) but it's just way too complicated an issue to hash out on fucking twitter of all places, at a time when everyone's emotions are running at peak heights right now. And now he's dragging it out and his twitter is filled with him arguing with people about it. It's not a good look for anyone involved.

The weird blinking in and out on all the sprites makes Contra so hard to watch, it almost gives me a headache. I don't blame them for having so much trouble.

*literal Nazis

The weird blinking in and out on all the sprites makes Contra so hard to watch, it almost gives me a headache

he didn't say literal Nazis, he said people. I don't know how Danny feels about punching literal nazis during a protest. Even still, do you think punching a literal nazis is going to help the cause of eradicating hate from the hearts of human beings?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
he didn't say literal Nazis, he said people. I don't know how Danny feels about punching literal nazis during a protest. Even still, do you think punching a literal nazis is going to help the cause of eradicating hate from the hearts of human beings?

It offers a certain catharsis which is what some people needed right about now. In the long run, it won't help anybody and can only make things worse. Violence against people who support Trump will only lead them further into the alt right madness. Danny is 100% right. That doesn't mean that dude didn't deserve to be punched. It doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't enjoy it a tiny bit this time. But you also shouldn't stop thinking about your actions, what they look like and what they could lead to.

Meguro

Banned
Richard Spencer isn't just some dude who supports Trump.
That's the difference.
But this really isn't the thread for this.

Tubobutts

If you punch enough nazis hard enough it will do a pretty good job of eradicating some types of hate.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
*literal Nazis

He really just should've kept his mouth shut, not because I disagree with him (I do) but it's just way too complicated an issue to hash out on fucking twitter of all places, at a time when everyone's emotions are running at peak heights right now. And now he's dragging it out and his twitter is filled with him arguing with people about it. It's not a good look for anyone involved.
No he shouldn't shut up, it's an important issue. I understand it's nice to see a Nazi getting punched in the face, but that's not how you solve anything. And people calling for taking away the rights of anyone are scum. It's in your first amendment for a reason.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Richard Spencer isn't just some dude who supports Trump.
That's the difference.
But this really isn't the thread for this.

The problem is what this could lead to. As I said it's totally legit to watch the video and smile. But the problem is that violence tends to escalate. This time it's Nazi. Next time tho? Who knows. Also remember Danny's background. If you grew up in Ireland during the time he did, your opinion might be different as well.

But I agree the ethical legitimacy of this seems beyond the topic of this thread. How was UPF? Worth watching?

Jintor

yes

obviously i would prefer that peaceful and constructive dialogue worked better, but there's a reason the criminal justice system is more accurately described as a state monopoly on violence

this feels like the most i've read the word 'nazi' in a day for a couple of years now

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yes

obviously i would prefer that peaceful and constructive dialogue worked better, but there's a reason the criminal justice system is more accurately described as a state monopoly on violence

this feels like the most i've read the word 'nazi' in a day for a couple of years now

Welcome to the rise of the right.

Nazis aren't human

sympathy with the movement that orchestrated the Holocaust means you're an enemy of the species

eating a nice right hook is the least they deserve

Moaradin

Glad they finished Metal Gear Scanlon on a high note. Watched all of it today and had a good time. MGSV was so tedious to watch.

It is so funny when internet liberals turn on each other about who is the most leftie.

Can't condone a sucker punch and flee like that though - whoever you are hitting. At least square up like a man.

Also, if you think Danny caught shit, go look at the responses to Klepeks "make your presidency a living hell" tweet.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/819233283695378435

I don't think Queensbury Rules applies to Nazis

Lunar FC

It is so funny when internet liberals turn on each other about who is the most leftie.

Can't condone a sucker punch and flee like that though - whoever you are hitting. At least square up like a man.

Also, if you think Danny caught shit, go look at the responses to Klepeks "make your presidency a living hell" tweet.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/819233283695378435

Patrick is edgy af!

This upf has been a disaster so far besides the Dr. Pepper dog. I want to try that with my pooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom