• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I know nothing about scientific nomenclature, but I'm pretty confident that whether or not the Earth is round or if the Earth revolves around the sun is not a theory in any sense of the word.

Theory in the scientific definition is a lot different than theory in the popular definition. The earth being round is in fact a scientific theory -- it is backed up by tons of peer reviewed scientific research, making it a scientific theory.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Weird, to me XCOM 2 improves on the XCOM EU in pretty much every way. I absolutely love the game.

I agree with you, outside of the performance and bug issues, though the turn limits on many levels turned off some people. I loved it though. It forced you to be aggressive and not sit back and over rely on overwatch to finish mission after mission.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I know nothing about scientific nomenclature, but I'm pretty confident that whether or not the Earth is round or if the Earth revolves around the sun is not a theory in any sense of the word.

If my memory of scientific pedantry is accurate, the Earth revolving around the Sun isn't so much a theory as an observation. That the Earth revolves around the Sun due to the latter's gravity is more of a theory.

neshcom

Banned
Man, UPF gets rough. It's a hard week for GBW between that and the half-borked Elite stream. I hope they can get more personalities in the mix soon.

Tbf what danny said was well, idiotic.

You never give Nazis a time of day. Ever. No ifs or buts.
Debating politics anywhere on the internet is idiotic. I find it hilarious people do it so much thinking they're influencing people or making a change or anything similar.

OT is just full of it and I bet the 10000s of words some users have typed haven't changed a single mind.

So let's get back to wishing Vinny was my dad.

Nerokis

Danny getting some backlash on twitter.

Unjustifiably, in my opinion.

Anyway, for some reason, the site has been kinda broken for me over the past week or so. Whenever I'm logged in (it's fixed when I logged out), the headline video doesn't move when I scroll down, and continues covering ~80% of the site. Anyone have this issue before?

Also just seems to be an issue on Chrome. Hmm.

Debating politics anywhere on the internet is idiotic. I find it hilarious people do it so much thinking they're influencing people or making a change or anything similar.

OT is just full of it and I bet the 10000s of words some users have typed haven't changed a single mind.

So let's get back to wishing Vinny was my dad.

Says the person debating about debating politics. Youre free to not comment on something being discussed about in this thread.

Megasoum

Banned
Unjustifiably, in my opinion.

Anyway, for some reason, the site has been kinda broken for me over the past week or so. Whenever I'm logged in (it's fixed when I logged out), the headline video doesn't move when I scroll down, and continues covering ~80% of the site. Anyone have this issue before?

Also just seems to be an issue on Chrome. Hmm.

Looks like you have the top video pinned

H3Bv3Fh.png

Meneses

Just finished Abzû, what a lovely game.

Definitely very Journey-esque, and not just for the soundtrack (which is awesome btw).

Weirdly enough, at times it gave me some old Tomb Raider vibes. I think it was probably due to some of the oboe parts being similar to the old TR theme. Those games also had some nice underwater sections.

popo

No more politics talk, before a Mod comes in and tells us off. Move it to OT

AuthenticM invoked Godwin's Law and killed it.

No more politics talk, before a Mod comes in and tells us off. Move it to OT

AuthenticM invoked Godwin's Law and killed it.

Does Godwin's Law still apply when the topic is actual Nazi?

Like, if I'm writing a FAQ on Wolfenstein, does explaining how to beat mecha-Hitler fall under Godwin's Law?

Definitely very Journey-esque, and not just for the soundtrack (which is awesome btw).

Weirdly enough, at times it gave me some old Tomb Raider vibes. I think it was probably due to some of the oboe parts being similar to the old TR theme. Those games also had some nice underwater sections.
I got Abzû during the Steam sale and have been looking forward to playing it. It looks really beautiful in 4K, but I'm having trouble hitting 60fps. Might have to decide between frame rate and resolution since there aren't many graphics options.

Such a great game, that soundtrack though. Their Waters Were Mingled Together is my shit.

You know I think would be cool? A feature about PC game mods. They've kind of made a return in the past couple years. In particular I'd love to see Drew mod the shit out of older PC games. Maybe start with Jedi Knight or something.

Or Brad could play Dark Forces.

Strax

Starting a new job next week.
At a thrift shop.
Life takes us places.

At least I'll get to buy old games for really cheap.

Meneses

I'm not talking it down, if you though so, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Just ask my giant lego man.

also thanks.

Nothing like that, it was more about also knowing how it is to end up doing something completely different from what you were expecting / used to / studying for.

That lego dude is equal parts cool and disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom