• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagret

Are you talking about the food court pizza?

I work at costco. I had it one time during an overnight shift for Thanksgiving and had the worst diarrhea of my entire life.

Never again.
Yeah that's the one
Any other good grocery store pizzas? need to try costco now I suppose.

One time shit got bad and I had to grab a pizza from Whole Foods. Wasn't the worst in the world, though the tomato base tasted a little too sweet for my liking. Would have again.
I actually don't know of any other than WF and Costco. I used to make WF pizza, they used to be better when they were less strict about how much toppings we could use. Toward the end of my stint there we were only allowed to put like, 1/3rd as much cheese on each pizza as we had been putting on them. And they started having us do these gross "par baked" doughs that would sit in the walk-in overnight and turn into a cracker when we cooked them a second time.

I like Costco because you don't need a membership to order from the food court, and you get a massive amount of pizza for ten dollars. Though it doesn't reheat as well as other pizza chains, so it's best when you have some people over that will finish it off while it's still fresh.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is Costco rotisserie chicken as good as they say?
Even better than what they say.

I liked them until I saw a guy clean out the ovens they make them in. 🤢😷

I mean, yea you gotta clean those things. It's raw chicken bits and grease and stuff. I used to work at a Safeway when I was younger and occasionally worked in the hot food area. The Chinese food vats, where you empty the days old grease into smelled like a rotting corpse stuck inside a hot jar of mayonnaise being microwaved.

robotrock

Banned
I actually don't know of any other than WF and Costco. I used to make WF pizza, they used to be better when they were less strict about how much toppings we could use. Toward the end of my stint there we were only allowed to put like, 1/3rd as much cheese on each pizza as we had been putting on them. And they started having us do these gross "par baked" doughs that would sit in the walk-in overnight and turn into a cracker when we cooked them a second time.

I like Costco because you don't need a membership to order from the food court, and you get a massive amount of pizza for ten dollars. Though it doesn't reheat as well as other pizza chains, so it's best when you have some people over that will finish it off while it's still fresh.

My pizza leftovers almost never get reheated, I am a cold man.

The Whole Foods stuff is fascinating though. I'm surprised to hear about the 1/3 cheese situation because my pizza from there had a pretty decent amount. that overnight pizza dough stuff though...fuck
I don't really care for anything we make but the hot dogs, and I just get them because I want to talk to the hot dog chick who I like. 😅

BJ's has a Nathan's Hotdogs station and those are the best.
I just had a Trader Joe's frozen pizza. Pretty good.

fuck yes those guys are so good

robotrock

Banned
Does anyone else like the Target Pizza Hut personal pizzas more than they probably should? Strictly talking about the cheese one here. They look insanely disgusting but they taste heavenly, with the insane amount of cheese it's packing.

The last real Pizza Hut we had here got shutdown maybe ten years ago after my brother took all the pizza covers and stopped being the delivery driver. Can't really remember the taste.

edit:
736438.jpg

these things are the pizza covers I was talking about

Snagret

My pizza leftovers almost never get reheated, I am a cold man.

The Whole Foods stuff is fascinating though. I'm surprised to hear about the 1/3 cheese situation because my pizza from there had a pretty decent amount. that overnight pizza dough stuff though...fuck

BJ's has a Nathan's Hotdogs station and those are the best.

fuck yes those guys are so good
I can't speak for every Whole Foods, but I also know that they've made very strong efforts over the last couple of years to "unify" their stores and their recipes. I know they still use "fresh" dough (as in, defrosted and proofed, they stopped making their own dough in-house a while ago) for special orders and for most of the pizza they make during the day, but during the morning when they open up and during the busier times they're more likely to use the dough they've preshaped/prebaked.

Does anyone else like the Target Pizza Hut personal pizzas more than they probably should? Strictly talking about the cheese one here. They look insanely disgusting but they taste heavenly, with the insane amount of cheese it's packing.

The last real Pizza Hut we had here got shutdown maybe ten years ago after my brother took all the pizza covers and stopped being the delivery driver. Can't really remember the taste.

edit:

these things

They are the best

my weekly ritual was(Before live casts) to pop open the podcast, walk to my nearest Target, and order one of those pizzas and then just walk around the area whilst listening to the podcast.

Snagret

edit:

these things
I loved these.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza. Im Not gunna order pizza.

Lol fuck wrestling

Still bad, predictable, and awful.

I forget every year that from the Royal Rumble until Wrestlemania, it's booked for the part timers which the casuals love. It's from after Wrestlemania until the end of the year that the part timers leave and wrestling gets good. That's when it's booked for the smarks.

I've been watching friend of the sites Steve Gaynors RE7 playthrough and it's a joy. Him being a dev, he points out the most random things and is usually insightful about the art direction in the game. Very enjoyable playthrough.

Joeku

I've been watching friend of the sites Steve Gaynors RE7 playthrough and it's a joy. Him being a dev, he points out the most random things and is usually insightful about the art direction in the game. Very enjoyable playthrough.

Has he played much of it? I saw him join Sean Vanaman in the opening hour or so.

Has he played much of it? I saw him join Sean Vanaman in the opening hour or so.

They're both playing it in tandem(Sean has been showing up on his stream, Steve on Seans), Steve is farther than Sean I think(I would say...6-7 hours in from the twitch count?)

bjork

I forget every year that from the Royal Rumble until Wrestlemania, it's booked for the part timers which the casuals love. It's from after Wrestlemania until the end of the year that the part timers leave and wrestling gets good. That's when it's booked for the smarks.

lol ok

Today was pretty good. Finally platted FFXV and finished watching metal gear Scanlon rising! The reaction to the final boss was great, as expected.

Phediuk

8/5/2008 Bombcast

The crew recognizes that they have absolutely nothing else left to say about energy drinks.

They then immediately go into another drink-tasting segment.

edit:

these things are the pizza covers I was talking about

brb, notifying the FBI. This cold case finally getting closed, fam.

Strax

Have you seen soccer fans before?

Wouldn't be a surprise if quite a number of them are trump fans.

Funny you should say this because I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I played football here in Iceland from 6 till 20 years old and for some reason almost every footballer I've met is on the right wing in terms of Icelandic politics. Which I've never really understood because football wouldn't even be possible, at least not in the way it is today, in Iceland if it wasn't for government and city/town subsidizing it. They are actively voting for a party that wants to make their fav. thing worse.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Stop talking about Pizza. I can't eat Pizza anymore so stop talking about it.
Please keep Pizza talk out of gaming and GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom