• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Phediuk

8/5/2008 Bombcast

While discussing feminist criticism of Fat Princess.

Jeff: "The stuff I saw on Fox News was on Red Eye, and it was just them just making fun of some 'Feminist Gamers Blog'. Great! What a great idea! I bet that's a lot of fun to read!"

jaina

Is there a confirmed recent address for both the GB & GBEast studios? Keen to send something to each, but don't know if those addreses have been confirmed, or which floor GB is on now in SF.
The office addresses in OP of this thread are correct and have been successfully used since their last moves.
Giant Bomb Prime's Mailing Address:
  • Giant Bomb
    CBS Interactive
    235 2nd Street, 1st Floor
    San Francisco, CA 94105
    United States

Giant Bomb East's Mailing Address:
  • Giant Bomb
    CBS Interactive
    28 East 28th St, 10th Floor
    New York, NY 10016
    United States

Mr. F

Banned
let's talk GOTY

Resident Evil, strong top 3 contender.

"It's cool that you're all into it and you feel that way but I just couldn't get into it at all. it did absolutely nothing for me. After a couple hours I was like 'nope! yep! alright! I'm good.'"

- Jeff Gerstmann, December 2017

Wunder

"It's cool that you're all into it and you feel that way but I just couldn't get into it at all. it did absolutely nothing for me. After a couple hours I was like 'nope! yep! alright! I'm good.'"

- Jeff Gerstmann, December 2017

Jeff's been like that for a handful of games these past years, but at least he doesn't really hinder it if the majority are pushing for it for a high position.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan keeps talking about the book In Broad Daylight so I decided to check it out but looks like it's not available on the Kindle Store at the moment... This is annoying.

Salarians

FF 30th anniversary event announcements so far

fashion collaboration
concert
Cup Noodles
$1000 ultimate wine
$50 non-ultimate wine
$40 moogle, chocobo, and cactuar cakes
mugs
tote bags
manga
sale of FF games at various stores
mini calendar

Cronen

Guys, it's payday and I want to treat myself to a new game. I'm leaning towards either Final Fantasy XV or Yakuza 0.

I have never played a Yakuza game before, but the internet frenzy of this one has me curious. Also because of that chicken gif. I used to play previous Final Fantasy games religiously when I was younger but fell off the series at XIII. Kinda hoping it comes to PC at some point as I would prefer to play it there.

Help!

LowRoller

Guys, it's payday and I want to treat myself to a new game. I'm leaning towards either Final Fantasy XV or Yakuza 0.

I have never played a Yakuza game before, but the internet frenzy of this one has me curious. Also because of that chicken gif. I used to play previous Final Fantasy games religiously when I was younger but fell off the series at XIII. Kinda hoping it comes to PC at some point as I would prefer to play it there.

Help!

Yakuza 0 had me hooked within 30 minutes. I played ffxv for 8 hours and kept waiting for it to get better, hoping the combat and the characters would click with me, but they never did . Get yakuza, you won't be disappointed .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Help!

Use that money in smarter ways.

Buy Overwatch lootboxes.

Mr. F

Banned

Help!

FFXV isn't worth it, at least not at full price. it was a slog playing it for the opening hours actively trying to like it and waiting for it to get interesting.

Counter point - if you're having a cold winter and need a space heater/white noise machine in a pinch FF is great for raising your room temp by 5 degrees while making your ps4 sound like a jet.

I'm not willing to talk GOTY until we know who the new hires are, and what they're bringing to the table.

Austin had a profound impact back in 2015, remember.

Cronen

Counter point - if you're having a cold winter and need a space heater/white noise machine in a pinch FF is great for raising your room temp by 5 degrees while making your ps4 sound like a jet.

Ahh sounds like Uncharted 4 all over again! I am surprised my PS4 didn't actually take off while playing that game.

Anyway, thanks guys. Will grab Yakuza 0 and will probably get FFXV down the line when it's a bit cheaper!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not willing to talk GOTY until we know who the new hires are, and what they're bringing to the table.

Austin had a profound impact back in 2015, remember.
Yeah, I remember because it might've made 2016's GotYs a bit worse.
Put your foot down and get your favorite in. Not a great idea for a podcast.

Meguro

Banned
Brad got Destiny on the top 10.
Don't blame that on Austin.
That's how they've always done GOTY and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom