• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I prefer this way of doing it anyway. Better to have a game a person is passionate about than a collective "it's ok i guess"

patapuf

Xcom was one of their better GOTY picks, consensus isn't always bad :p.

The games only few are passionate aobut don't really get in the top half anyway. Mario Maker aside.

oti

Banned
The nemesis system sure was better than bayonettas dodge mechanic.

image.php

Nein.

Meguro

Banned
Witch Time actually made it into the new Zelda.
Where's all the Nemesis systems in other games?
That was the most oversold part of an already oversold game.

Witch Time actually made it into the new Zelda.
Where's all the Nemesis systems in other games?
That was the most oversold part of an already oversold game.
The nemesis system remains unique over 2 years later making it even more deserving of commendation. Witch Time was boring in 2010.

I don't actually feel that strongly about this argument but I have to strum up some excitement in the thread while we wait for the Giant Bomb work week to start Tuesday afternoon

oti

Banned
The nemesis system remains unique over 2 years later making it even more deserving of commendation. Witch Time was boring in 2010.

I don't actually feel that strongly about this argument but I have to strum up some excitement in the thread while we wait for the Giant Bomb work week to start Tuesday afternoon

The Nemesis system is fine. It just isn't that second coming Brad made it out to be, but it makes sense he likes it so much. Brad is all about systems being intertwined and working in the background like a well-oiled machine. The question is if SoM2 can iterate on it in a meaningful way or not.

The Witcher 3 is almost too much game for me. Ive been puttering away at it since December 2015 and was surprised to see Ive put in over 30 hours because every time I start to play I feel like Im buried in content, and have to step away.

So yeasterday I finally finish all the secondary quest in Novigrad and decide to visit the next area which I just assumed was the top of the map.......Nope its a whole new land mass!

Like fuck, I enjoy the game but its just to much sometimes. And then there is the 2 DLC add-ons :'(

Zaph

The Nemesis system is fine. It just isn't that second coming Brad made it out to be, but it makes sense he likes it so much. Brad is all about systems being intertwined and working in the background like a well-oiled machine. The question is if SoM2 can iterate on it in a meaningful way or not.

IIRC I think Brad was mostly excited by the potential of Nemesis-like systems, and I agree, there are so many ways it could evolve, especially in gangland based games like AC Syndicate.

I've not heard any devs talk about it, but I do wonder if the underpowered CPU cores in current-gen machines have anything to do with there being nothing similar on the horizon? I don't feel like we've seen many meaningful A.I./procedural gen advances in a while.

The Witcher 3 is almost too much game for me. Ive been puttering away at it since December 2015 and was surprised to see Ive put in over 30 hours because every time I start to play I feel like Im buried in content, and have to step away.

So yeasterday I finally finish all the secondary quest in Novigrad and decide to visit the next area which I just assumed was the top of the map.......Nope its a whole new land mass!

Like fuck, I enjoy the game but its just to much sometimes. And then there is the 2 DLC add-ons :'(

I feel the exact same way. I played it every night for 3 weeks and still barely feel like I scratched the surface and now I'm taking a break from it. No idea when or if I'll ever come back to it.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Cyberpunk. I'm way more into that genre so maybe it won't be the same.

Catvoca

Banned
Honestly the easiest way to enjoy The Witcher 3 is just to do the main quests and the important side-quests (meaning mostly those that involve characters/events from the main plot). Once you realise 99% of the ? on the map are useless and focus on the meaningful content, the game isn't that overwhelming.

justjim89

tumblr_okng28SJYD1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

It's some great quote placement, right at the end in time with a sound queue. Of course, Giant Bomb was probably the site most behind Hitman.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I'm almost 100 hours in and just started the 2nd DLC. The game is just ridiculous. And the vast majority of content is polished and unique, too.

daveo42

Banned
Watching the stream from yesterday. Jeff didn't like N2O? I loved that game as a kid.

Edit: Well I don't remember any of these rules at all.

Anjin M

From the point you're at, I started mainlining the game. I like the side stuff, but I got sick of it after Novograd. It still took a while to finish, but it was well worth it.

Watching the stream from yesterday. Jeff didn't like N2O? I loved that game as a kid.

Edit: Well I don't remember any of these rules at all.

He also didn't seem hot on Rage Racer which is in my top 5 games of all time.

Actually I don't think he liked any of the games he played on that stream.... Jeff hates PS1 confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom