• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg #content
pIOolFE.png

Tagyhag

omg #content
pIOolFE.png

Haha that sounds fun.

I forgot who it was but there was a thread in the gaming side of a group who highlighted and reviewed games that are released on Steam that maybe 100 people at the most will ever play.

Considering Steam gets about 5 new games a day, it's usually 4 out of those 5.

Honestly, a daily "What's on Steam today" 30 minute - 1 hour video would be fun. It's a shame that they don't have those reviewer accounts anymore.

KingKong

Hitman professional mode is no joke.

Hope for a brad UPF segment

Its a really clever idea to unlock it when you get level 20 mastery on that map. You spend all that time learning it inside and out and then they go and get rid of any easy disguises and entrances and mix up everything else youre used to relying on

robotrock

Banned
How was today's bombcast? Last week's was a bit of a snoozefest

I thought it was great. There's a whole lot of insightful talk about weird retro gaming hardware I have never heard of, and it was moderated in a way that made it surprisingly enjoyable to listen to. Jeff also picked good emails and paced the news section well.

Also Peter Brown is a+

Am I missing something? How is Jeff sitting in front of a screen waiting in an empty lobby something that anyone actually wants to watch unironically?

I wonder if they're going to do a Quick Look of (friend of the site) Chris Tilton's game Divide. They did an Unfinished EX of the game last March, but it finally released on PS4 (via PSN) yesterday.

Do people really think The Force Awakens is a better movie than Avatar?

I enjoyed TFA but come on son.

While I personally enjoyed TFA far more than Avatar, Avatar is still the most successful movie (worldwide) and remember that ticket prices have increased since 2009, so if Avatar's ticket prices were the same as TFA's, it would've had an even bigger gross. Then again, a lot of people went to see Avatar for its 3D. It's crazy (as 2009 was not all that long ago), but I think that was the first of the "good 3D" 3D releases. Prior to that, I think some 3D movies were still doing the old blue/red glasses.

Lunar FC stop trying to stop TOGS.

TOGS must flow.
Do people really think The Force Awakens is a better movie than Avatar?

I enjoyed TFA but come on son.
TFA's the weakest Star Wars movie, but I still liked it a lot more than Avatar.

TFA vs. Avatar: The Last Airbender (the series)? That's a different matter, though.

Lunar FC stop trying to stop TOGS.

TOGS must flow.

TFA's the weakest Star Wars movie, but I still liked it a lot more than Avatar.

TFA vs. Avatar: The Last Airbender (the series)? That's a different matter, though.

Crazy man! ;p

But seriously, it's not even close to being the weakest. I think AOTC earns that. I just think the movie is aimless. Plus, the overuse of (now very outdated) CG is distracting. TPM, despite its many faults (Jar Jar and young Anakin being the glaring issues), actually had substance in terms of sets and locations.

robotrock

Banned
And the comparisons are kinda moot anyway because all of star wars is terrible.
This is extreme, but I kind of get it. The only Star Wars movie I love is Empire Strikes Back. New Hope, ROTJ, and TFA are all serviceable, but are widely inconsistent. The prequels are the prequels.

ESB really is perfect though. One of my favorite movies.

robotrock

Banned
I haven't seen The Force Awakens or Rogue One yet...

Darth Maul was one of my favorite Sith though.
Rogue One has absolutely no redeeming qualities and was a painful watch in theaters. I'm all for them doing side story stuff, and was down with the idea of that specific story too, but that movie did nothing for me.

I loved the Godzilla movie made by the same director as R1 though.

Oh, I haven't seen Rogue One. I kinda forgot it existed...

I hope it hits Netflix as fast a TFA did. (It is, bewilderingly, the only Star Wars mainline movie on Netflix, at least for Canada.)
Crazy man! ;p

But seriously, it's not even close to being the weakest. I think AOTC earns that. I just think the movie is aimless. Plus, the overuse of (now very outdated) CG is distracting. TPM, despite its many faults (Jar Jar and young Anakin being the glaring issues), actually had substance in terms of sets and locations.

You may be right.

I just didn't like how hollow and uninspired a lot of TFA was. It's like ANH-take two, only without any of the imagination, spectacle, or wit that really made it shine. TFA did have a great cast though, I didn't expect to like any of them, but they made it work. (Except for Vader-lite and his awful T-saber. And Snope. And that Boba Fett lady that was theoretically in the movie.)

Lunar FC

Getting four new Cameron movies sounds like the greatest thing ever to me

Rogue One has absolutely no redeeming qualities and was a painful watch in theaters. I'm all for them doing side story stuff, and was down with the idea of that specific story too, but that movie did nothing for me.

I loved the Godzilla movie made by the same director as R1 though.

Just added a note to disregard all your opinions on movies.

robotrock

Banned
Just added a note to disregard all your opinions on movies.
Another opinion of mine: Moonlight is the best movie of 2016. I am bummed I didn't like R1, and probably should say I really enjoyed Godzilla instead of loving it (which is reserved for stuff like ESB). But I don't see the issue with looking forward to more Cameron movies. Dude consistently puts out great stuff.

Are you serious?
I think he probably is because he keeps posting that same comment but he is incredibly wrong so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom