• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

Another opinion of mine: Moonlight is the best movie of 2016. I am bummed I didn't like R1, and probably should say I really enjoyed Godzilla instead of loving it (which is reserved for stuff like ESB). But I don't see the issue with looking forward to more Cameron movies. Dude consistently puts out great stuff.

I think he probably is because he keeps posting that same comment but he is incredibly wrong so

Haven't seen it, mine was Arrival.

Dany

Banned
Oy, I desperately need to see Moonlight. Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah the quick look EX I think, I wanna say it was him and Ryan at some event.

I need an ssx on the PS4, I so want an SSX on the ps4! I don't even know what Coonce is up to nowadays. Probably being tall in some instagram photo somewhere.

Still need to see Moonlight as well, only movie I want to see from last year. But going back, Amy Adams was robbed! (!!!!!) of her oscar nom.

Mr. F

Banned
I need an ssx on the PS4, I so want an SSX on the ps4! I don't even know what Coonce is up to nowadays. Probably being tall in some instagram photo somewhere.

Still need to see Moonlight as well, only movie I want to see from last year. But going back, Amy Adams was robbed! (!!!!!) of her oscar nom.

As one of the apparently 18(?) people that liked that last SSX I definitely wouldn't mind another.

The academy hates her for some reason but yes absolutely.
sorry rorie but imo adams acted circles around Emma Stone last year

Adams absolutely kicked ass. And that doesn't seem necessarily hard, Emma Stone was just Emma Stone like she kind of is in everything. Not that I didn't enjoy La La Land.

Dany

Banned
Emmas Stone was "oh kay" in la la land. She deserves the oscar nomination for sure, but Amy Adams, as Mr. Effe said, deserves it more.

I cannot wait to see Arrival at home.

Tubobutts

And obviously the Great Auk's catchphrase would be "This could be awk" whenever Lunar gets himself into one of his classic awkward situations.

2911720-mariopartyparty_final.png

Digging the old games talk, but I don't understand why Drew didn't just buy an Android set top box or something like that and just go to town on some Goodsets. I love the old games, but a Framemeister doesn't seem like it's worth the price of admission, especially for someone like Drew who's probably going to play like a dozen games with it.

hamchan

RE7 became less scary now that I'm fighting typical RE monsters. When it was just crazy country hicks chasing me it was legit terrifying to me. Probably because I think being chased by crazy country hicks is a thing that actually happens.

Zaph

RE7 became less scary now that I'm fighting typical RE monsters. When it was just crazy country hicks chasing me it was legit terrifying to me. Probably because I think being chased by crazy country hicks is a thing that actually happens.

Yeah, I like how it changes up after a couple hours. The beginning is more scary, but I'm not sure I could hold my nerve for 10 hours and
fighting invincible monsters that entire time would test my patience

robotrock

Banned
Have you seen Lion?

My list is something like this

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Lion
4. something

Still need to see Moonlight and La La Land though.

2016 was a terrible year for movies.
Have not seen Lion! Kind of didn't even know it existed until very recently, but it looks great. Glad to hear you dug it.

I think I probably agree about 16 being a poor year for movies but there's stil a bit more i need to watch. Also, Zootopia owns
Digging the old games talk, but I don't understand why Drew didn't just buy an Android set top box or something like that and just go to town on some Goodsets. I love the old games, but a Framemeister doesn't seem like it's worth the price of admission, especially for someone like Drew who's probably going to play like a dozen games with it.
I think drew ordered that for peter?

If not, Drew has dabbling in the emulation stuff anyways. Think he bought a tablet specifically for the purpose of it? Seems like he jumped a few steps but that kind of happens when you fall down a YouTube hole and have people immediately suggesting the best hardware around. I got really fixed up on researching on YouTube for my first record player and bought something that was double the price of what I actually should have paid.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Have you seen Lion?

My list is something like this

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Lion
4. something

Still need to see Moonlight and La La Land though.

2016 was a terrible year for movies.

What the fuck. 2016 was incredible for film.

Moonlight is fucking transcendent. Easily one of the greatest and most genuine films made in the 21st century.

That's not even hyperbole. No one is really making movies on that emotional level with that subject matter, told through that perspective with as much care, love and deft touch. 2016 was incredible for cinema.

robotrock

Banned
What the fuck. 2016 was incredible for film.

Moonlight is fucking transcendent. Easily one of the greatest and most genuine films made in the 21st century.

That's not even hyperbole. No one is really making movies on that emotional level with that subject matter, told through that perspective with as much care, love and deft touch. 2016 was incredible for cinema.
To be fair he hasn't seen moonlight but yeah it's fucking good

Looking back I think 2016 was way better than recent years for movies. Despite Arrival being like #2 on my list it's one of my favorite sci-fi movies ever. Think it's just been a loooong year but even forgot we got a new Coen brothers movie in like March, as well as 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Have any other favorites from the year?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I know he hasn't seen it yet but that's such an odd statement to me. Even not counting going to the theaters for movies last year I think I saw about a hundred new films across 2016. I'm kinda lucky in that respect that it's good for my job to stay on top of things like that but still, man what a good year and I'm still catching up. I just watched Train to Busan last night and that was a lot of fun.

Going through my notes and Wikipedia: The Witch, Hail Cesar, Deadpool, Zootopia, Midnight Special, Knight of Cups, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Everybody Wants Some, Demolition, Civil War, GREEN ROOM, The Jungle Book, Keanu, The Nice Guys, The Neon Demon, The Conjuring 2, Carnage Park, Star Trek Beyond, Lights Out, Hell or High Water, Kubo, Morris From America, Don't Breathe, The Birth of a Nation (problematic but still solid), Little Sister, American Pastoral, Doctor Strange, Hacksaw Ridge, Loving, The Edge of Seventeen, Arrival, Manchester By The Sea, Nocturnal Animals, Moana, La La Land, Rogue One, Fences, 20th Century Women and hell even that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie was dumb fun.

I've still got to see The Founder, Hidden Figures, The Comedian and Jackie.

I've bolded my absolute favorites, but that list is the films I'd recommend most from 2016. I saw a lot of crap too like that new Blair Witch. What a disappointment that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom