• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Which UPF was the one where Jeff kept goading Brad into burning Dota stuff, cackling as Brad wasted his gear? Is there a youtube clip of this?

Anjin M

I think if/when Jeff retires the site goes with him (not goofing)
My headcanon is that Brad is the last one out the door at the end.

Reason: If I'm gonna post in this thread I should probably check it more frequently than when I'm sitting.
That seems like the right time for this thread.

That sounds good to me.

A bonus side-effect of them using a bootleg FDS-to-NES conversion of SMB2: Luigi didn't control any different from Mario, which is why they had so much trouble with that invisible block jump.

You can even see the scoreboard still say "MARIO" on the screen.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
A bonus side-effect of them using a bootleg FDS-to-NES conversion of SMB2: Luigi didn't control any different from Mario, which is why they had so much trouble with that invisible block jump.

I've seen Vinny quick look the internet. I'm surprised he didn't blow up his computer trying to find NES roms.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I saw that and thought that was super weird. i figured it has to be a werid rom version. There is wind in the real version of world 2 right?

Ooooh, weird! So if you ARE playing as Mario, that jump just is that shitty? But it's supposed to be easier as Luigi?

I saw that and thought that was super weird. i figured it has to be a werid rom version. There is wind in the real version of world 2 right?

I don't think wind pops up until World 3 or so.

Ooooh, weird! So if you ARE playing as Mario, that jump just is that shitty? But it's supposed to be easier as Luigi?

The whole game is easier as Luigi, if you can handle him skidding like a motherfucker.

CB3

I don't think wind pops up until World 3 or so.

You might be right. Its been a while. But I knew for sure "Luigi" wasnt controlling properly when they picked him.

Weird that they went for a weird bootleg rom version when the real one is on the wii virtual console (i think they played Dracula X on that?). Or even the Super Mario All Stars Version

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He probably just searched for a SMB2 Japan NES rom and found this. That doesn't really exist since it was only released on the Famicom Disk System.

The correct CRC of the original rom is F04CD4CD.

Oh, and they'll need the fds bios.

You might be right. Its been a while. But I knew for sure "Luigi" wasnt controlling properly when they picked him.

Weird that they went for a weird bootleg rom version when the real one is on the wii virtual console (i think they played Dracula X on that?). Or even the Super Mario All Stars Version

Yeah, they should probably just go with the Wii U VC version of it if they go back to it.

Which they totally should.

CB3

If they do continue to play it, hopefully they can get the proper version. Its always fun watching people play difficult platformers like that.

Vinny killed it with the Metal Gear Story in nutshell section on Blue Bombin. Also a ghost man in a game about Science lol.

Metal Gear was batshit crazy nonsense, you lost Dan

pizzacat

Banned
The year is 2046 Jeff is retiring and taking the company with him, he has one last look at the upf hover couch.

"Huh, I guess she did have a penitentiary body" and he turns the lights off and shuts the door

Credits roll

Anybody else playing the Wildlands beta this weekend? Man I hope that game is good.

Thank you again to the fellow Giant Bomb fan that got me a code!

kivvt4V.gif

Was Super Mario Bros 2 included in the Gameboy Color game Super Mario Bros DX?

I remember that game having post game content that was WAY harder and had poison mushrooms and stuff. Beating that was one of my early gaming accomplishments back in the day.

Was Super Mario Bros 2 included in the Gameboy Color game Super Mario Bros DX?

I remember that game having post game content that was WAY harder and had poison mushrooms and stuff. Beating that was one of my early gaming accomplishments back in the day.

Yeah, most of it was featured in SMB DX as "Super Mario Bros for Super Players." It didn't have worlds A through D or 9, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom