• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most of it was featured in SMB DX as "Super Mario Bros for Super Players." It didn't have worlds A through D or 9, though.
Nice, I looked it up and I guess it doesn't have wind effects or the different Luigi controls.

That makes me want to play through it myself since I didn't know I was missing some stuff. I think I own it on my 3DS VC, I have so many of those I lose track sometimes.

Erekiddo

Did something change recently with the GBeast cameras or encoding? The last three videos have not played well on my Roku 3 at all. I tried on two different ones and they both lose their audio sync.

Did something change recently with the GBeast cameras or encoding? The last three videos have not played well on my Roku 3 at all. I tried on two different ones and they both lose their audio sync.

Are you playing them at the highest quality? It might be because their HD quality setting is now 1080p instead of 720p (which it was previously). Their 1080p videos are unplayable on a Compute Stick I was using to stream GB video content previously, so it might be a similar issue with your thing. The jump to 1080p is the only change I know of so that'd be my guess...

Santar

Really don't like the disco mini game in yakuza

C3dO5I2WcAAIfrI.jpg:large
What? It's awesome!
So hilarious to see Kiryu going all out on the dance floor! :D
Catchy music too, I've done all the songs on hard now even, really enjoyed the mechanics.

what do you mean seems like? how do you think he got all those roms he plays? I mean he said he dumps his carts.

Also this podcast was rough. throwing up white falgs at GBwest

Dude owns a Retrode, and it isn't exactly difficult to dump disc-based games.

And yeah, if I wasn't into the old games, I'd have probably punched out of that Bombcast pretty quick.

MattPascual

Neo Member
This'd be pretty great. Danny's stuff has all been super awesome. He's getting some real good access to people as well. I know there's a helluva language barrier but I'd love to see him tackle REVII

Danny is absolutely killing it. He's always been great at what his does but the quality of the NoClip stuff has been incredible.

NoClip is great but Danny's is a little bit too gracious these days. He's always saying how lucky he is, how blessed he is, how much he couldn't do it without support from fans, etc.

I know it's genuine because he's a nice guy, but he says it so much it comes off as smug and gloating, even though I know it's not.

Dunno why it annoys me but it does. I still fucking love the old boy like though.

MattPascual

Neo Member
NoClip is great but Danny's is a little bit too gracious these days. He's always saying how lucky he is, how blessed he is, how much he couldn't do it without support from fans, etc.

I know it's genuine because he's a nice guy, but he says it so much it comes off as smug and gloating, even though I know it's not.

Dunno why it annoys me but it does. I still fucking love the old boy like though.

I see this a lot in the games industry. When you ask people how they got in, almost all of them say something like "I was lucky".

He's too grateful? Come on.

I did say I know it's genuine and I'm not sure why it annoys me.

He just seems to say that stuff all the time now, like he's a bit afraid of people dropping off or something. Just enjoy the ride now buddy you've got your audience!

hamchan

This might legitimately be the weirdest criticism I've read in this thread.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but... as a member is there a way of getting the premium versions of the bomb & beast casts in my podcast app?

I'm really over listening to the ads.

MattPascual

Neo Member
I'm sure this has been asked before, but... as a member is there a way of getting the premium versions of the bomb & beast casts in my podcast app?

Yeah depending on the app you're using. Some natively support password protected feeds. For ones that don't you need to embed your username/password in the feed url you give to the app.

Wunder

Yeah, I don't know if the standard podcast app has changed, but you need to get an app that allows you to add podcasts manually, then you type in the RSS url (of the premium podcast) into the app and tap in your log-in details. That'll allow the app to grab and download the premium version onto your phone.

I use Downcast!

Yeah, I don't know if the standard podcast app has changed, but you need to get an app that allows you to add podcasts manually, then you type in the RSS url (of the premium podcast) into the app and tap in your log-in details. That'll allow the app to grab and download the premium version onto your phone.

I use Downcast!

I'm using the Windows Phone default podcast app... but I'll give it a go.
Thanks.

Mupod

oh man the hardware talk on the bombcast was great. Peter's PVM story reminded me of the ordeal I went through in order to fix the headphone preamp on a model 1 genesis. Turns out there are some very knowledgeable awesome dudes on the sega-16 forums.

I've thought about being that guy who goes around looking for old CRT hardware, but this area has tons of people into that stuff. I've been in a few electronics repair shops and I remember asking about the Sony PVM they had, lady was like '300 bucks, all the retro gamers want these'. Maybe if I was back up north in my hometown I'd have better luck.

TraBuch

Banned
How are the Mixlr combinations made? Do they listen to every Mixlr and just mark down the time stamps to stuff they liked? Because that's a lot of listening.

justjim89

I was disappointed when I saw it was a Brad/Jeff joint, but they made it fun. They followed probably the best opportunity for the mission. And I'd definitely say Brad should be the one to play pro mode on video, since he knows the game the best.

Erekiddo

Are you playing them at the highest quality? It might be because their HD quality setting is now 1080p instead of 720p (which it was previously). Their 1080p videos are unplayable on a Compute Stick I was using to stream GB video content previously, so it might be a similar issue with your thing. The jump to 1080p is the only change I know of so that'd be my guess...

There's no way to manually set the quality other than that hidden bit rate override menu, which didn't work. I'll try and grab a Roku Ultra to see if this fixes my problem, cause I watch Giant Bomb stuff daily. Doing it in my front room is also getting my girlfriend into it.

Hindl

Nioh's getting some good reviews. This has gotta be one of the better starts to a year for games, no?

And the real stuff hasn't even hit yet. In the next two months, we get Nioh, Horizon, Zelda, Ghost Recon, Nier Automata, Mass Effect, and Persona 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom