• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

And the real stuff hasn't even hit yet. In the next two months, we get Nioh, Horizon, Zelda, Ghost Recon, Nier Automata, Mass Effect, and Persona 5

Is Ghost Recon highly anticipated? I thought it looked crappy, but maybe it'll be a good co-op experience?

TraBuch

Banned
"He's in a white truck!"
"Is it the one with the objective marker over it?"
This is going to be an extreme long shot, but a while ago, and by that I mean maybe a year ago, Jeff was listening to J-pop on Mixlr and one of the songs that came on gave off kind of a Halloween vibe. I'm pretty positive you identified it for me. Do you by any chance remember what that song was? I'm pretty sure I remember guitars.

Hindl

Is Ghost Recon highly anticipated? I thought it looked crappy, but maybe it'll be a good co-op experience?

I'm not really anticipating it but it's a big release and I wanted to include a shooter in the list. It probably won't sell gangbusters but it'll do well with the online co-op crowd. Like my roommate spends most of his time in his room playing Halo and other shooters with with his friends from home. I can see this doing well with that kind of crowd

neshcom

Banned
This is going to be an extreme long shot, but a while ago, and by that I mean maybe a year ago, Jeff was listening to J-pop on Mixlr and one of the songs that came on gave off kind of a Halloween vibe. I'm pretty positive you identified it for me. Do you by any chance remember what that song was? I'm pretty sure I remember guitars.

The only recent Halloween j-pop I can think of are Fashion Monster and Dreamy Wonder Night, though that's a little more recent.

Is it just a rural Division with coke?

Seemed like there were a lot more environmental stuff and tools to mess around with than in the Division. It also wasn't very rpg like, unlike the division. Didn't run into any bullet sponge enemies, etc. It definitely gave you a lot of options on how you want to approach missions/situations.

if it was Jeff I'd bet money on it being Tommy Heavenly6, but I couldn't tell you which song since she's got like... 10... that are halloween themed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dce-xpSlJL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5iLqPk7c5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQ4ZuwGgoU

Jeff knows like 4 jpop artists and I doubt it's SMAP or Morning Musume

neshcom

Banned

Wunder

I'm not really anticipating it but it's a big release and I wanted to include a shooter in the list. It probably won't sell gangbusters but it'll do well with the online co-op crowd. Like my roommate spends most of his time in his room playing Halo and other shooters with with his friends from home. I can see this doing well with that kind of crowd

Yeah I figured as much. I haven't really been following it so I wasn't sure if new footage came out that made it look a lot better.

karobit

Only tangentially related due to mummies & Charisma.com, but, boy, Miira Killer was prety great, right?

Scizzy

All of you people who want Hitman to migrate east are crazy. Watching Brad try to wrestle with the controls and his anxieties at once is where the magic happens. Not to say Vinny's Hitsmas run wasn't the best 45 minutes of video the site has produced in recent memory, but that's just because Vinny is the maestro of open world games. He doesn't need Hitman to shine.

TraBuch

Banned
if it was Jeff I'd bet money on it being Tommy Heavenly6, but I couldn't tell you which song since she's got like... 10... that are halloween themed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dce-xpSlJL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5iLqPk7c5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQ4ZuwGgoU

Jeff knows like 4 jpop artists and I doubt it's SMAP or Morning Musume
Yeah, I'm 99% sure it's her, but it's none of those songs. Iirc, the first song most reminds me of it. I'm gonna have to do a deep dive.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, is the Plex channel just dead? I keep trying ever few months and it gives me that error video, even after deleting that API key, or just reentering the one on my account.

Skytylz

Banned
nothing on that list interests me.

Persona is all I care about. Maybe Zelda, but I've never been a big fan of 3d zelda. Also, the far cry comparisons for Horizon brought my interest to near 0. Far Cry 3 was fine, but I couldn't care less about 4.

Mr. F

Banned
Persona is all I care about. Maybe Zelda, but I've never been a big fan of 3d zelda. Also, the far cry comparisons for Horizon brought my interest to near 0. Far Cry 3 was fine, but I couldn't care less about 4.

Yeah I've been kind of spooked by the Horizon impressions, I'm holding out until reviews/more detailed impressions of what the bigger picture looks like. Probably just Persona for me, in the short term - I think I'll be waiting to get Zelda on Switch sometime later this year...maybe...I don't even know where my Wii U is :/

edit; Mass Effect as well I guess, for some reason I'm not really feeling in the mood for it despite being a fan of the series. I think their bizarre announcement/promo cycle probably dampened my hype a couple years ago.

oti

Banned
And the real stuff hasn't even hit yet. In the next two months, we get Nioh, Horizon, Zelda, Ghost Recon, Nier Automata, Mass Effect, and Persona 5

Zelda Day One. Rest can wait or nah.

I will definitely hope and wait for a Switch version of Persona. I just really don't want to grind through the dungeons on my TV.

Horizon went from Day One to maybe. Because Zelda is coming out two days later and every time someone compares it to Far Cry my interest diminishes greatly.

I love Mass Effect 1+2 but the gameplay they've shown so far looks boring and reminds me of DA:I and the last thing I want in life is to be reminded of that game's existence.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yay, I survived this god forsaken week. I have a month free now. Yay me!

nothing on that list interests me.

I'm hopeful for Zelda but it has all the "Wow our game is so big! Crafting! Breakable weapons!" stuff that makes me incredibly cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom