• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on latest Hitman vid

- Glad Jeff called Brad out on thinking the covert gun was cheating
- Glad to hear Brad plays with opportunities off sometimes
- Glad Jeff called Brad out on saying the opportunity was easy even though he had the steps turned on
- I like Jeff more on QLs when he is the driver. His passenger POV jokes just seem kinda forced, like he feels the need to say something funny
- Wish they knew that all this stuff came out with the standalone release rather then it being released recently. Kind of a big deal for the game
- Dan Vinny with Alex on crack wise duty would be the perfect pairing for hitman vids
- I don't have problems

Apparently the devs of Rec Room are looking into bringing it to PSVR. Not sure it'll work due to Rec Room's room scale stuff. Maybe it'd be similar to how Job Simulator was brought over.

Mr. F

Banned
Apparently the devs of Rec Room are looking into bringing it to PSVR. Not sure it'll work due to Rec Room's room scale stuff. Maybe it'd be similar to how Job Simulator was brought over.

Nice, will be interesting to see how that goes. Still mind blowing how much stuff Rec Room gets right when it's free and made by two guys(?).

Seeing Jeff play old games was cool once. Now it's boring as hell.

Old to me is NES onwards. Anything before then is just trash to watch and doesn't look fun to play. What Jeff plays a lot of the time is ancient.

What about Rec Rooms room scale stuff makes it not work? You teleport in Rec Room so PSVR users will just have to teleport more often than Vive and Oculus users. I never felt like I absolutely needed room scale in Rec Room while playing it on the Vive, it's just nice to have the space, I've played it in small and big rooms. Someone on PSVR should still be able to have a good time.

What about Rec Rooms room scale stuff makes it not work? You teleport in Rec Room so PSVR users will just have to teleport more often than Vive and Oculus users. I never felt like I absolutely needed room scale in Rec Room while playing it on the Vive, it's just nice to have the space, I've played it in small and big rooms. Someone on PSVR should still be able to have a good time.

Well, hopefully. I just recall Jeff being able to move around a bit more than the average PSVR game lets you. But maybe I'm just misremembering it. It's all just a Handibot blur.

Well, hopefully. I just recall Jeff being able to move around a bit. But maybe I'm just misremembering it. It's all just a Handibot blur.

lmao oh Handibot, didn't that dude turn out to be kind of.....not so cool though? I actually met him in game the first time I booted up Rec Room after that VRodeo.

Having more room, aka being at room scale, certainly makes most games in VR better but it's really not a requirement to have fun. Especially in something like Rec Room.

It'll work because everyone will be using a PSVR, but man would it be less compelling not having the freedom to crouch, lean, go prone, etc. to the level of real roomscale.

It'll work because everyone will be using a PSVR, but man would it be less compelling not having the freedom to crouch, lean, go prone, etc. to the level of real roomscale.

Hmm this does beg the question if in a PSVR version they would only surface PSVR users. I don't actually know if Vive and Oculus Users co-exist on the PC version. Although I don't really think Rec Room is the type of game where they fully care that everyone isn't on the same level playing field.

lmao oh Handibot, didn't that dude turn out to be kind of.....not so cool though? I actually met him in game the first time I booted up Rec Room after that VRodeo.

Having more room, aka being at room scale, certainly makes most games in VR better but it's really not a requirement to have fun. Especially in something like Rec Room.

You kinda got that sense about Handibot during the first Rec Room video. However, people weren't sure back then if that was a real person or not. When it was confirmed he was real, then the fun sort of ended.

Zaph

BHA9IUv.png

wow, giant bomb actually got a new feature

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, listening to the old podcast, and it's dumb how much they cared about achievements.

Glad to see that nowadays they've come around to acknowledging that achievements are fucking dumb.

I think it's dumb when people obsess over achievements to the point that it ruins games for them

But they can certainly be a fun little way to add on some challenges/goals to a game when done right. I don't think the concept as a whole is "fucking dumb".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I play enough Space Harrier, the girl at the arcade will talk to me

I think I finally understand the Japanophile thing

Seeing Jeff play old games was cool once. Now it's boring as hell.

Old to me is NES onwards. Anything before then is just trash to watch and doesn't look fun to play. What Jeff plays a lot of the time is ancient.

I think he just needs a co-pilot most of the time. Like, all the old game collections, Game Room, Arcade Archives, those Atari packs, etc, are all great because of how he can plumb the depth of his old game knowledge. Having someone there that can ask him questions and he can explain to is a huge help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom