• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

KHotlD0.png

If you have not heard the Jefflr where he listens to it.

The twist is that Jeff used a double negative. So he ordered some.

Phediuk

In the 3/18/2008 Bombcast, the crew discusses the announcement of Prey 2 and Jeff sarcastically says, "maybe it'll take them nine years to make this one too."

Phediuk

Also, in the same episode, both Ryan and Jeff think about ideas for future music games, and both of them really want a Beatles game. But Jeff specifies that he doesn't want a Beatles Guitar Hero game, he wants a Beatles Rock Band.

In the 3/18/2008 Bombcast, the crew discusses the announcement of Prey 2 and Jeff sarcastically says, "maybe it'll take them nine years to make this one too."

Also, in the same episode, both Ryan and Jeff think about ideas for future music games, and both of them really want a Beatles game. But Jeff specifies that he doesn't want a Beatles Guitar Hero game, he wants a Beatles Rock Band.

Nostradamus?

StoveOven

Banned

Yup. I remember listening to that recently and laughing my ass off. There's also a moment at the end of the 2009 GOTY-cast where Jeff jokingly says that Starcraft 2 will come out in 2010 but Diablo III won't.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Work weeks start on mondays.

Real people weeks start on sundays.

You're not a real person when you're working. Just a cog in the machine. So am I.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuck, I wish I can find a clip of this but I distinctly remember one time brad talking about this exact topic on the bombcast and jeff and ryan made fun of him basically talking like a stoner.

It was really funny.

Fobwashed

Since I still have roughly 3 week left on my medical leave I guess it's time for attempt number #6 at trying to get into the Persona 4 ER... Skipping to Ep5 right away cause I watched the early episodes so many times by now.

I tried around 3 different times to watch em and I just can't. There's a lotta community love for the series but it feels like a "had to be there" kinda thing. Mainly because there's just so much of it >,<

LiK

Since I still have roughly 3 week left on my medical leave I guess it's time for attempt number #6 at trying to get into the Persona 4 ER... Skipping to Ep5 right away cause I watched the early episodes so many times by now.

I tried around 3 different times to watch em and I just can't. There's a lotta community love for the series but it feels like a "had to be there" kinda thing. Mainly because there's just so much of it >,<

I enjoyed them but you need to skip around the very long dungeon parts. I didn't watch them until after I beat P4G the year before. Still fun but you'll def need to know which parts have the highlights. I basically skipped to cutscenes, boss fights, town/school stuff and most of the parts where they created new Personas. The dungeon grinding can be skipped since they don't say much during them anyway. Sometimes I left them as background noise cuz the dungeon music is great anyway.

There are alot of lol-worthy commentary so you should try watching them again but skip anything you find boring.

I tried twice to get into the P4 ER and ended up just playing P4G for myself. I'd say it worked out well enough, all things considered.

Kind of want to see them some day, but eh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Back when i was searching for work it was perfect for putting in the background because there's just so much of it.

robotrock

Banned

I ended up watching the whole thing when I was super into Persona 4 Golden. When I reached a dungeon where I could grind for a bit, I would catch up on the endurance run to the point I was on in the story.

it was a pretty great way to enjoy both the Endurance Run and Persona 4 Golden.

Jintor

I actually love the dungeon segments but yeah, they're more like extended jeff and vinny random shit podcasts and occasionally rif on fusions

LiK

Best fusion reaction was for Satan. I was skipping around and happened to land on that part. Forgot when it happened but the reaction cracked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom