• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummitAve

Banned
That's good to hear. I feel like once the Switch and Mass Effect are out then are people really going to be playing it?

I'm waiting on the shortly after release deep discount so I hope so. From what I can tell reading the thread, people should be more concerned about the networking code hamstringing the legs on this game. If they don't fix those issues relatively fast I don't have much hope.

minty_ice

Banned
Also, if you want people to hate you for your snarky, smarmy looking avatar, wait no longer.

rsz_vybgnk72lpxuu.png

NpEi54j.png

dan2026

What's with the creepy guy in the Switch video going on about wrist straps?

'Gotta put the wrist strap on man, gotta be safe'.

No, get away from me you weird bastard.

Erekiddo

I was at a concert last night, and while waiting for the next band to come on I looked over to see a girl on her phone scrolling. I see Drew's face. She clicks the gif to start it. Blinking Drew.gif

So surreal.

SomberOwl

So Jar Time has become just answering questions about how Giantbomb runs / works.

We need better Jar Time questions.

Also Jeff is wearing a cat shirt in the latest Jar video.

killroy87

Do review embargoes generally stipulate that you can't mention the game's existence in your life until the embargo is up? I've always been confused when people (mainly Jeff) talk around the embargoed games they're playing, instead of just their impressions. He'll always say like "been playing a lot of games I can't talk about yet" instead of just saying something like "Been playing Horizon, but I can't talk about that yet", which is way less annoying (I have no idea of he was referring to Horizon, that was just an example).

mhanna49

Neo Member
I think this has been discussed here before, but which is the preferred Deadly Premonition Endurance Run here? I just started watching and am on the second episode with Jeff and Vinny.

I think this has been discussed here before, but which is the preferred Deadly Premonition Endurance Run here? I just started watching and am on the second episode with Jeff and Vinny.
Jeff and Vinny are more entertaining, although I think Brad and Ryan end up seeing a bit more of the game.

Strax

Gesundheit

Hah

Congrats! Can't comment on the music but the video is well done

Congrats, the video looks great! The song is pretty good too, though non-English hip-hop always sounds hilarious to me.

It looks like it must have been really fun to direct this video in this type of wintery scenery. Cool editing!

Don't understand the music(nice beats though) but that is neatly directed. Must have been tons of fun.

Thanks everybody. It was really a fun shoot.

For those who missed it

Scizzy

Do review embargoes generally stipulate that you can't mention the game's existence in your life until the embargo is up? I've always been confused when people (mainly Jeff) talk around the embargoed games they're playing, instead of just their impressions. He'll always say like "been playing a lot of games I can't talk about yet" instead of just saying something like "Been playing Horizon, but I can't talk about that yet", which is way less annoying (I have no idea of he was referring to Horizon, that was just an example).

I have no actual evidence for this assertion, but I think some embargoes demand complete obfuscation and others allow you to refer to them like a human being.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

While I really like both, you can't beat VJ. Nobody can. Nobody.

Tubobutts

I agree with all the other people saying the Jeff/Vinny one is more entertaining. I'm not sure if I ever finished the BR one, but I know trying to watch both simultaneously was a mistake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's been 11 months since a Blues and Bullets episode has come out

Still no refunds from Steam. The last thing the devs uploaded was the trailer for episode 2. Whenever fans say its been cancelled or ask if its been cancelled, the devs say 'no it hasn't!' then show no proof of an episode 3. i kind of want to make a thread if just to warn people of season passes and kick some dirt at the developers.

Curufinwe

Jeff has a really hard time separating his lukewarm personal opinions of most Sony games with the reality of their complete dominance of the console marketplace. His attempts to understand how MS ended up with half as many consoles sold are limited by a fixation with the American market when it is Europe where the Xbox brand collapsed this generation, and Sony gave consumers the games and performance they wanted at the right price.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They are pretty US focused, but well...of course they are. Dan on the Beastcast was also pretty convinced that the 360 dominated last generation until Alex pulled some numbers.

Jeff has a really hard time separating his lukewarm personal opinions of most Sony games with the reality of their complete dominance of the console marketplace. His attempts to understand how MS ended up with half as many consoles sold are limited by a fixation with the American market when it is Europe where the Xbox brand collapsed this generation, and Sony gave consumers the games and performance they wanted at the right price.
Well, the PS3 did well in Europe in its early years when it should have been "tanking" vs the 360 like it was in the UK & US.
Brand loyalty seemed to blind a lot of mainland Europe, so I wouldn't hold up Europe as some source of more intelligent taste or anything.

Tubobutts

Who cares?

TraBuch

Banned
I don't know if Brad ever started warming up to Deadly Premonition, but Ryan definitely started to dig it. Guess it helps when you're not the one playing.

oti

Banned
I'm always a bit taken aback when they do this. I think it was on the Beastcast lately when they said the 360 was utterly dominating the market but then Alex added they meant the US. I like Alex.

Well, the PS3 did well in Europe in its early years when it should have been "tanking" vs the 360 like it was in the UK & US.
Brand loyalty seemed to blind a lot of mainland Europe, so I wouldn't hold up Europe as some source of more intelligent taste or anything

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know when people say that parents call all consoles "Nintendo"?
My experience in Europe is that they do this with Playstation. Everything was a Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom