• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

is Shantae anime?

Um9PRT0.gif

robotrock

Banned
the AGDQ interview sessions just makes me appreciate Ryan and Jeff's E3/GDC hosting abilities SO much more. They almost always manage to get a really good conversation out of anyone. some good back and fourths had

I'm facing a conundrum. I'm definitely in need of some space on PS4 (have 500GB) and could probably easily get a 2TB and just swap it out (nearly all my saves are saved to the cloud). Problem is I still have PT on my PS4 despite never finishing the thing. Even though it's probably not as good as many make the thing out to be, it just feels like I have a piece of video game history that's becoming rarer and rarer. But it seems silly to buy two hard drives (one internal, one external for backing up my current PS4) just to make sure PT is backed up when it's really the only thing I'm worried about backing up. What would you do?

robotrock

Banned
I'm facing a conundrum. I'm definitely in need of some space on PS4 (have 500GB) and could probably easily get a 2TB and just swap it out (nearly all my saves are saved to the cloud). Problem is I still have PT on my PS4 despite never finishing the thing. It just feels like I have a piece of video game history that's becoming rarer and rarer. But it seems silly to buy two hard drives (one internal, one external for backing up my current PS4) just to make sure PT is backed up when it's really the only thing I'm worried about backing up. What would you do?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157726
I believe there are ways to redownload PT. You need to have grabbed it on the US store on your US account while it was still up.

robotrock

Banned
Yeah, I've heard of that. But I've also heard some people claim their accounts were banned after using it. Even if that is not true, that doesn't seem worth the risk for me.

Ahh man didn't realize. It's important we have PT but it's probably well documented almost everywhere else on the internet. I don't think it's a big loss.

worth it for 4x hdd space

Ahh man didn't realize. It's important we have PT but it's probably well documented almost everywhere else on the internet. I don't think it's a big loss.

worth it for 4x hdd space

It would all be fixed if they would just let us use external drives to install our games to! Argh! So much capacity potential.

I only have about 7 disc based games currently installed (the majority of them are small sized PSVR games), but today I decided to add up the install size of all my physical games (40) and the install size required for all of them was roughly 1.3TB (which does not take patches or my digital library into account!). That's nuts considering the size of disk installs last generation. I posted a thread over in gaming the other day, wondering if the next generation of consoles should use 3.5" drives instead of 2.5" drives.

BTA

Sorry if I missed this- did they say what the Switch thing they're doing is? That'd be after (or long into) the Treehouse thing, so is it just them talking about playing at the event? Calling in from the event like the Pro event? Or...

I'm facing a conundrum. I'm definitely in need of some space on PS4 (have 500GB) and could probably easily get a 2TB and just swap it out (nearly all my saves are saved to the cloud). Problem is I still have PT on my PS4 despite never finishing the thing. Even though it's probably not as good as many make the thing out to be, it just feels like I have a piece of video game history that's becoming rarer and rarer. But it seems silly to buy two hard drives (one internal, one external for backing up my current PS4) just to make sure PT is backed up when it's really the only thing I'm worried about backing up. What would you do?

You don't have a USB stick with enough space for PT + saves + screenshots and videos? I don't think you necessarily need an external harddrive. I'm sure you could use a USB stick. 16 or 32gb usb sticks cost nothing

I just did the upgrade to a 2TB hdd a week or so ago and it feels great. that "free space" bar is so big! highly recommended. (PT made it over as well)

You don't have a USB stick with enough space for PT + saves + screenshots and videos? I don't think you necessarily need an external harddrive. I'm sure you could use a USB stick. 16 or 32gb usb sticks cost nothing

I just did the upgrade to a 2TB hdd a week or so ago and it feels great. that "free space" bar is so big! highly recommended. (PT made it over as well)

I could do that, couldn't I? Unfortunately, I just have a 1GB stick, but those things are super cheap. I wonder if that will work. Huh. And that would literally be the only thing I'd be backing up as all my videos are saved to YouTube and all my game saves are saved to the cloud. The only thing that will suck is having to redownload every game. Restoring downloads from a backup would probably be much faster.

I could do that, couldn't I? Unfortunately, I just have a 1GB stick, but those things are super cheap. I wonder if that will work. Huh. And that would literally be the only thing I'd be backing up as all my videos are saved to YouTube and all my game saves are saved to the cloud. The only thing that will suck is having to redownload every game. Restoring downloads from a backup would probably be much faster.

I'd do some research first but I don't see why not as long as its formatted to FAT.

Keep in mind you're going to need a USB stick with the current PS4 firmware on it also. 1gb won't cut it for that.

Mr. F

Banned
I got mixed up and thought all along that the Switch thing was today (wednesday). Doop. Feeling more hyped than I thought I would, even with most of the info presumably already out there.

Jintor

The knowledge I have to endure two more fucking days of work before video game news is painful

I'm actually happy I have to go to an intensive training session next week because it'll probably be less stressful than work.

jaina

I paid way more attention to the Gears 50 waves horde video than I ever expected.

Also, the efficiency and teamwork (after hard initial failures) in the Overcooked video is astounding, content production behind the scenes must be similar. Props to the duders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom