• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Youtube has recommended my a video about Scalebound and watching that "angry rant" really makes me feel super old and cranky. It's fascinating how some people either have no idea how real life works or how they just put on a show to entertain kids by screaming and yelling a lot about things they don't understand. People like to call GB jaded but those people should remember that GB doesn't overreact positively or negatively to shit like this.

hamchan

Youtube has recommended my a video about Scalebound and watching that "angry rant" really makes me feel super old and cranky. It's fascinating how some people either have no idea how real life works or how they just put on a show to entertain kids by screaming and yelling a lot about things they don't understand. People like to call GB jaded but those people should remember that GB doesn't overreact positively or negatively to shit like this.

Not gonna watch the "angry rant" but yeah, Joe pretty much puts on a faux angry overreaction attitude to appeal to the kids (and some neogaffers). Sometimes I'm in the mood for that, sometimes I'm not.

Not really the guy I would go to for an in-depth discussion, with proper understanding of how the industry works. I also occasionally get the feeling that sometimes he's appealing more to the current internet forum vibe than actually showing his true feelings.

What I can at say about GB, even if we don't agree with them all the time, is that they've always seemed honest.

Fantastapotamus

Not gonna watch the "angry rant" but yeah, Joe pretty much puts on a faux angry overreaction attitude to appeal to the kids (and some neogaffers). Sometimes I'm in the mood for that, sometimes I'm not.

Not really the guy I would go to for an in-depth discussion, with proper understanding of how the industry works. I also occasionally get the feeling that sometimes he's appealing more to the current internet forum vibe than actually showing his true feelings.

What I can at say about GB, even if we don't agree with them all the time, is that they've always seemed honest.

Ha, I was purposefully not mentioning who made that video (cause I don't want to shit on a guy, I know people like him) but I guess saying it was an "angry rant" gave it away? I assumed that was a way more common thing on Youtube.

robotrock

Banned
Ha, I was purposefully not mentioning who made that video (cause I don't want to shit on a guy, I know people like him) but I guess saying it was an "angry rant" gave it away? I assumed that was a way more common thing on Youtube.

You gave it away!

I ended up watching it earlier as I've been keeping pretty close with all this Scalebound stuff.
First Angry Joe video I think I've watched all the way through?

I think it did a poor job of illustrating his actual feelings about the cancellation, but if it gets people feeling more passionate about the game and vocal about it, I'm not gonna complain.

I do, though I play on my Vive more often. I also misread your post as "I was going to go to bed," while I was lying in bed.
Damn dude...struggling to figure out how you did that. glad you got the rest.

Fantastapotamus

I think it did a poor job of illustrating his actual feelings about the cancellation, but if it gets people feeling more passionate about the game and vocal about it, I'm not gonna complain.

I have some different feelings about this but as I said I don't want to shittalk the guy and the actual point I was trying to make is that I appreciate that GB is a personality driven website that still feels grounded when it comes to industry stuff like this.

robotrock

Banned
I have some different feelings about this but as I said I don't want to shittalk the guy and the actual point I was trying to make is that I appreciate that GB is a personality driven website that still feels grounded when it comes to industry stuff like this.

Giant Bomb is really great.

KingKong

Well thats because they dont actually like videogames

hey it turns out Dan and Vinny are great together, to nobody's surprise. nu-beast are already responsible for some of the best stuff on the site in a good long time.

Sakwoff

Man, I just can't do Horror Games. I'm probably the biggest pansy when it comes to stuff like this.

This game is so dumb (the guitar, the chair, the fucking scare sound cues), and I still would not be able to play it.

Is there any jump scares in the Bequest QL? I get startled easily lol.

edit: Damn guitar.

edit 2: slight scare, Dan and Vinny laughing brought me back into it.

Fantastapotamus

Chairs can't move by themselves

"All of this is in my head, it's not real. I'm not crazy"
Isn't that...you know, the definition of being crazy?

tesqui

Vinny + Dan quicklook is a beautiful thing. I'm really looking forward to GBEast's future content. It's already really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom