• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, its none of your business.

If there isn't enough content for you then don't subscribe but its not our place to sit here and decide who is/isn't working hard enough.

and really, we don't know how much any of them do, it's not like we see all hours of their working day lol.

I believe Rorie needs to work harder on his puppy blog though.

Much harder.

Yeah, wasn't denying that.

It just seems like they could do more but whatever passion they had for this is long gone and they do the bare minimum to get by. Rather than coming up with cool new features or things to do they just stagnate away.

But they seem to be doing well enough and the fans are content so it doesn't really matter.

Jeff last Jar video indicates that he is not exactly thrilled by the lack of bigger coverage or new features in the website.

So dunno about the bare minimum.

dan2026

Honestly, its none of your business.

If there isn't enough content for you then don't subscribe but its not our place to sit here and decide who is/isn't working hard enough.

Err it kind of is in a way, when Giantbomb decided to have paying customers.

Curufinwe

It just seems like they could do more but whatever passion they had for this is long gone and they do the bare minimum to get by. Rather than coming up with cool new features or things to do they just stagnate away.

But they seem to be doing well enough and the fans are content so it doesn't really matter.

Did you see Brad committing Lizard genocide? He couldn't have been more passionate.

You're welcome to stop giving them money and give them feedback directly whenever you want. At that point they either fix it to make you happy or they don't. "Vote with your wallet" etc etc etc

Most people on here are just really really really tired of the whole conversation in this thread.

You're not a fucking shareholder, dude.

You know, whenever Jeff says some shit about GAF being a cess pool I just roll my eyes and go with it because I like this place.

Then I open this thread and I'm like "oh, okay, that's what he means".

njean777

Jeff said on his jar time in vegas that they are working up some new features, also implied that they are trying to find people so maybe gamespot finally gave them the go to be able to hire somebody.

def sim

What's the deal with Drew being 27 anyway? Is he actually going out of his way to make people feel bad their career isn't as fun or engaging as his? Grow up, Drew.

I'm just tired of this thread. Full stop.

If it isn't crap like this, is something even worse.
You're welcome to stop visiting it at any point and give your feedback to a mod directly. At that point they either fix it to make you happy or they don't. "Vote with attendance" etc etc

It's been a while since the "What do they do all day?" complaints have come up.

Personally the amount of content in the past couple months has been more than I'm even feasibly able to watch, so I'm plenty satisfied.

dan2026

You're welcome to stop giving them money and give them feedback directly whenever you want. At that point they either fix it to make you happy or they don't. "Vote with your wallet" etc etc etc

Most people on here are just really really really tired of the whole conversation in this thread.

Well when then maybe they have a point, considering the matter is repeatedly brought up.

And before you guys get your panties in a twist I AM still happy with the level of content I get for my subscription. But I can see how people would feel otherwise.

While I was banned I managed to get a free years subscription from when they did that giveaway. I even accidentally put it into origin first cause I was a bit drunk... and somehow it was still valid by the time i got to giantbombs website and put it in.

inky

You're welcome to stop visiting it at any point and give your feedback to a mod directly. At that point they either fix it to make you happy or they don't. "Vote with attendance" etc etc

I pay for Gaf Gold, I don't deserve this.

*storms out of thread, but keeps reading it daily*

skynidas

Banned
they really need to fix this shit with their front page banners. right now the most important video and the one that will give them more traffic is the titanfall video but instead they have three patrick videos and one review .....

BdcoA5Q.png

Well when then maybe they have a point, considering the matter is repeatedly brought up.

And before you guys get your panties in a twist I AM still happy with the level of content I get for my subscription. But I can see how people would feel otherwise.
It's all very good information and I'm sure they personally find it very valuable. It's important that customers are happy with what they pay for. You let them know and that's great, even if you're not happy with it. The problem comes in when stuff is repeated here 50 times and everyone else who also participates is rather tired of it.

So I'm not saying it's bad, or shouldn't be talked about, or this isn't the place to put it (as they do read this) but that lots of other people don't necessarily want it here. Obviously that's for a mod to decide though.

erawsd

they really need to fix this shit with their front page banners. right now the most important video and the one that will give them more traffic is the titanfall video but instead they have three patrick videos and one review .....

Thats weird, I'm seeing Titanfall.

Zornack

It's because you clicked on it. Videos you've interacted with are moved further down the front page.

Curufinwe

Oh my god, Brad was so close to killing the Flamelurker on his first try but didn't heal up before going in for the final hits. It almost broke Vinny's brain.

Did you watch the titanfall video?

Because if so videos you have watch are automatically moved out of the banner on the site.

edit. beaten like Chris Remo

FStop7

Banned
I was reading through that "I'm unhappy with Giant Bomb" thread linked above. I think some people have forgotten that over the past year they lost Ryan, Dave left, Ian and Thomas came and went, Patrick's not on-site, and they struggled to get new gear only to have much of it stolen at E3.

That's a lot of adversity to happen in the space of a year.

Zaph

During Jeff's drive time mixlr this morning, he was rushing for a 10am meeting which would either be "very good news or very disappointing". Staff budget maybe?

Wonder how it went...

skynidas

Banned
It's because you clicked on it. Videos you've interacted with are moved further down the front page.

Thats weird, I'm seeing Titanfall.

This is right. Jeff confirmed this a while ago.

Did you watch the titanfall video?

Because if so videos you have watch are automatically moved out of the banner on the site.

edit. beaten like Chris Remo

oops, i didn't know that, sorry, i just thought it was weird that they would have those videos on the top banner. also, i did saw patrick's videos, but i watched them live.

Patryn

I guess, but that doesn't seem like it should be a daily thing...
Have you worked for a big corporation? The number of meetings are staggering.

Plus, they're asking for more budget. I bet at Whiskey that was as simple as them saying they need something, explaining why they absolutely need it and then they go get it. Basically going from asking for something to receiving it in a few days. At CBSi it sounds like the classic corporate method of filling out forms and then having meeting after meeting where they justify the need in every different way possible. I can see them having already hit the infamous point of having a meeting about how they're having too many meetings (I speak from experience). At a small startup there's a lot fewer levels of bureaucracy to deal with.

As for Brad, didn't he take over point in talking to devs and publishers?

LuchaShaq

Banned
I watch more GB content than I watch my overpriced fucking cable.

And motherfuckers are crying about 5$ a month?

If you're that broke stop subbing get off gaf as well and get working on your education/resume/job skills/hustling skills.

Woot, got Brad to confirm that he's had a chance to sit and play 2 hours of South Park and there will be a video thing out Friday for it (I'm guessing it'll be like the Titanfall one today) :D

Acid08

Banned

Yeah you can totally tell how miserable they are in every video. No one ever laughs, it's just straight up filling time in their days until they can go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom