• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

I already knew I was going to get Titanfall on PC, but watching both videos on GB has me really hyped. Not that interested in playing a Beta of a game I know I'm already going to get.

Also, as an Australian, an American public holiday on Monday is unacceptable. I need content!!

I already knew I was going to get Titanfall on PC, but watching both videos on GB has me really hyped. Not that interested in playing a Beta of a game I know I'm already going to get.

Also, as an Australian, an American public holiday on Monday is unacceptable. I need content!!

good thing there is a quick look tomorrow

also its not like you would have gotten any content on a normal monday anyhow

Haunted

Also, Oh jeff

7PPV3Fz.png
Time for another lifetime subscription.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Man you should play the beta anyway because it's pretty damned awesome. I'm having a blast with it.

Orgun

Man I want to see the GB guys use the new Zeus multiplayer mode in ARMA 3 on UPF, just imagine the carnage that Vinny could cause. O_O

popo

I always figured that engaging the over the top negative stuff only makes other people want to anonymously poke the fire too. It's like they think maybe they'll have a shot at riling him up and getting publicized too.

Like Brad on here :p you might be on to something.

I guess Patrick did not finish recording his Banner Saga QL or something? It was scheduled to go up today (3 hours ago), and I still do not see it, and now it is no longer on schedule.

I guess I will go actually play a game - or something weird.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I am sure they will, but Jeff hates DK so comments should be fun.
I can't wait for the Yoshi's Island quicklook just for that reason, they should fly Patrick in so those two can have at it, ha.

Zaph

No, he is fine where he is. His lack of knowledge of basically anything shows as soon as he is on UPF.
If you work a full time job, and you're not paid to keep up with the latest in gaming, your knowledge drops off very quickly. If he took a more editorial role, and worked next to the GB guys, I'm sure he'd be much more aware of the latest releases.

You're forgetting this is the guy who wrote guides tens of thousands of words thick. Boss of fucking Bosses.

Deadstar

Can we get some more Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls this week? Maybe even a two parter would be fine with me. Just keep that content coming and coming fast.

Chuck

Still without luck

You might want to reconsider buying it sight unseen if you're an Australian living in Australia. My boyfriend has played some o the PC beta and he's said it's nearly unplayable due to the lack if servers in australia. The closest ones are south East Asia and he said he was getting crazy pings.

So yeah. Play the beta. Dot buy a thing that's going to be a laggy mess because videos look cool.

Curufinwe

If you work a full time job, and you're not paid to keep up with the latest in gaming, your knowledge drops off very quickly. If he took a more editorial role, and worked next to the GB guys, I'm sure he'd be much more aware of the latest releases.

You're forgetting this is the guy who wrote guides tens of thousands of words thick. Boss of fucking Bosses.

Also the guy who thought PlayStation controllers stopped using the [ ] /\ X O symbols after the PS1.

Aerocrane

Also the guy who thought PlayStation controllers stopped using the [ ] /\ X O symbols after the PS1.

Giant Bomb Xbox bias confirmed? /s

I'd like to see him write content similar to the guides to MMOs and such that he has written for other publications even though it doesn't necessarily really suit Giant Bomb.

Deadstar

Giant Bomb should do a reality show where they search for the next Giant Bomb staffers. They can call it: Giant Bomb's Employee Explosion Locomotion Promotion

Chuck

Still without luck
Also, it's great they messed up the audio in the QL so Jeff's mic is way louder than Drew and Brad's.

Awesome.

Zaph

I think the Gang Beasts devs did this. It's in the UPF comments section.
I rarely care about Greenlight/Kickstarter etc, but I really wish GB would do a non-subscriber video playing Gang Beasts. That guy deserves the publicity it would generate.

TraBuch

Banned
One thing that bugs me about Rorie is how often he asks questions that were already answered like five minutes before. Maybe that's just a product of focusing on chat so much, I dunno.

One thing that bugs me about Rorie is how often he asks questions that were already answered like five minutes before. Maybe that's just a product of focusing on chat so much, I dunno.
It probably is. It's hard to split your brain between what amounts to two different conversations without missing some of one or the other. As his job is to man chat, I appreciate he takes it seriously enough to try and make sure people's questions get answered, at the trivial expense of retreading the same ground for 10 seconds.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Stackboy

You might want to reconsider buying it sight unseen if you're an Australian living in Australia. My boyfriend has played some o the PC beta and he's said it's nearly unplayable due to the lack if servers in australia. The closest ones are south East Asia and he said he was getting crazy pings.

So yeah. Play the beta. Dot buy a thing that's going to be a laggy mess because videos look cool.

I know a few Australians who are playing it and they haven't had any issues with lag. I'm use to pings that are around the 100-150 mark anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom