• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Seriously though, such a perfect moment when that guy started to get his straps on and shred' some guitar. Man that was great.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I don't know if its meta or what.

Bunch of dudes watching a bunch of dudes watching a dude who just happened to be there and shredding the shit out of a guitar.

Jeff and Ryan hating on Dead Nation is a bummer, one of the best twin stick shooters of last gen :/ Just pure hate without reasons too

WTF people, reading the talk in here about Vinny's reaction to his game getting cutoff early made me sad that he might off had a bad moment, but fuck it was like next to nothing. Sure a little frustrated, but reading it in here made it sound like the guy had a regrettable snap.

you must be new here

Zero315

Banned
But the people here are mostly mocking the reaction in the chat, not the reaction in the thread. For once, we're the non-weird guys!

Yeah, the chat got suuuuuuper weird, someone was arguing with a mod at one point. Also, Vinny volunteered his time to more PS4 livestream awesomeness before he even started his game.

This UPF was awesome IMO. I'd welcome another one like this but with the Game & Wario stuff. Some of the best stuff on UPF is when they do random shit like this and the steak-umms/discount food store/soda can collector websites.

What's the name of the game Vinny was trying to play?

4WzvZXAl.jpg

Really liked today's Bombin the AM.

Patrick's recent trolling of Alex in regards to playing bad games have been really good.

Also that Shaq-fu rant Alex goes on.

Haunted

Rorie just shot himself in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Giantbomb culture (I'm an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Gamespot where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you cut Vinny off over at Giantbomb, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the internet public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to watch puppy streams, nor will they watch any of Rorie's GB content. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Rorie has alienated an entire market with this move.

Rorie, publicly apologize or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Holy crap I was laughing so hard at "UK Banter Time" stream! The camera angle, the constant hiccups, my god. And the guy on guitar was an amazing find too.

I love it when they quick look the internet.

so1337

Rorie just shot himself in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Giantbomb culture (I'm an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Gamespot where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you cut Vinny off over at Giantbomb, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the internet public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to watch puppy streams, nor will they watch any of Rorie's GB content. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Rorie has alienated an entire market with this move.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Rorie. Rorie has nothing left, nothing he can put up on the site would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to go to Giantbomb. Except if they want to watch Quick Looks. Which will also come to Gamespot at some point.

Why would you do that square I mean rorie!

Fevaweva

This might've been asked, but what is the censored part of the UPF? Something odd happened and then they all started laughing about it being sad.

Zaph

Holy crap I was laughing so hard at "UK Banter Time" stream! The camera angle, the constant hiccups, my god. And the guy on guitar was an amazing find too.

I love it when they quick look the internet.
It was so British. We've all been there (minus the camera....hopefully).

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Rorie. Rorie has nothing left, nothing he can put up on the site would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to go to Giantbomb. Except if they want to watch Quick Looks. Which will also come to Gamespot at some point.
I love you guys. Never change.

Curufinwe

Jeff and Ryan hating on Dead Nation is a bummer, one of the best twin stick shooters of last gen :/ Just pure hate without reasons too

I don't understand it either. I can see them finding it boring compared to faster paced, more punishing twin stick shooters like GW and SSHD. But it's not bad. It controls well, looks nice, and is not annoying or frustrating.

I got it and Infamous for free after the PSN hack, and I had more fun with Dead Nation.

xanavi

It's still amusing to me how deep of a souls hole the site's gotten into. Three different features chronicling their endeavors and now this.

popo

Considering he is press and most likely reviewing it, he can't say anything till release.

The first bit, he is embargoed even at home, but I bet none of them review it. If it is as long as the first one then it is going to take a while to beat - especially if you can't look at a guide or wiki for help when you get stuck. Although if he is up at the crack of dawn then maybe he is giving it a go. The collectors edition does ship with a strategy guide after all.

Playing all three games at once must be interesting. They are all similar but with just enough differences to screw you up. Apparently the small control changes in DS 2 are already causing some nerd rage. Something about the "slide down ladder" being changed to a press and hold - so if you hit the button like in DS1 you let go of the ladder and fall :D

that

was not the vibe I got from that game. Is this for real?

It's the official poster so it should be an indication of the final product. It is currently an Early Access game, so maybe the core story is not in it yet.

Ever since it was Kickstarted it was called billed as a game witth "Intriguing story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic adventures like ICO, The Dig, and Another World."

From Kickstarter:

THE STORY:

In the last few years, scientists have actually discovered over 1,000 new planets outside our solar system, and a few of those may be similar to earth.

In Lifeless Planet, you’ll get to explore one of those distant worlds. But you’ll quickly discover the planet is a barren wasteland. Mysteriously you’ll also find evidence that other explorers had already set foot on the planet...many years ago...and you’ll struggle to explain the existence of another human in this desolate place. Will you be able to put aside your skepticism and follow her to preserve your life?

I don’t want to spoil the story so I’ll leave it there, but I think you’ll discover I’ve worked long hours to write a plot that will present something new and exciting.

The power lines at the start of the game kinda strongly suggested players would find parts of a civilization in the game. Even with that, I am still interested, as it seems like it goes (will go) some interesting places...

It's the official poster so it should be an indication of the final product. It is currently an Early Access game, so maybe the core story is not in it yet.

Ever since it was Kickstarted it was called billed as a game witth "Intriguing story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic adventures like ICO, The Dig, and Another World."

From Kickstarter:

The power lines at the start of the game kinda strongly suggested players would find parts of a civilization in the game. Even with that, I am still interested, as it seems like it goes (will go) some interesting places...

Yeah, I'd been intrigued by that for a couple years now (one of those quietly developed games) and keep forgetting it. Glad it got on UPF.

been catching up on the Binding of patrick and LOLOLOL

between the
crazy runs that might happen, patrick's crippling gambling addiction, the existence and praise of lord gamblor, cain straight up breaking the fucking game
it's been great.

Also Patrick's face after seeing the ending
with the noose
was priceless (this game is so fucked up).

now to see what happens to him in these wrath of the lamb runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom