• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Jeff argues with a dumbass so he's pathetic?

So you have never in your entire life argued over the internet? If i go through your GAF history i won't find some pathetic arguments or responses? Or are we just targeting GB members and calling them out on every single thing they do like some creepos?

By calling Jeff pathetic?

Go read the exchange again, calls him it like four times, It must be on his word-of-the-day calendar. I didn't think the joke needed explaining. You are being pathetic.

I can't understand people who are obsessed with the NPD numbers to such an extent that they want other people to be obsessed with them too.

sub_o

Tara would be really cool, I like her attitude. I don't see it happening though

If that were to happen, I want to have a nerdy podcast between Brad, Rorie, and Tara. Brad was like Computer Sci undergrad for like 1 term, Rorie was a Physics undergrad before jumping to English Lit. And Tara herself is MSc. in Math. I wanna hear them talking about group theory, graph theory, etc.

I feel like if a response on Twitter requires more than one message, it shouldn't be engaged on Twitter. I also can't believe Jeff got baited like this.

Khezu

Hitman Go looks really interesting.

Giant Bomb needs people that the crew like a lot, get along with, and have good chemistry with.

webrunner

1wChaqH.jpg

Serra

I have said this before but I don't really want new "on screen personalities".

Just hire video editors etc so Vinny and Drew can be in front of the camera all the time. Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Rorie, Drew as the "main" dudes in San Francisco. With occasional appearances by Danny and Alexis. Patrick and Alex do their own thing with some meets with the main crew at events, GOTY, etc.

solarus

Go read the exchange again, calls him it like four times, It must be on his word-of-the-day calendar. I didn't think the joke needed explaining. You are being pathetic.
Wow, it's crazy how obsessed and PATHETIC you are being over a typical NPD obsessed weirdo ranting at jeff for not chanting or caring about how much the ps4 is crushing the xbox one.

megalowho

I have said this before but I don't really want new "on screen personalities".

Just hire video editors etc so Vinny and Drew can be in front of the camera all the time. Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Rorie, Drew as the "main" dudes in San Francisco. With occasional appearances by Danny and Alexis. Patrick and Alex do their own thing with some meets with the main crew at events, GOTY, etc.
I get what you're saying, but they may not feel like that's an effective number of people to produce the amount of daily content they're looking to output. It's definitely not enough for big trade shows like E3.

Adding new voices to the mix, be it writers or on camera personalities, ensures Giant Bomb continues to evolve and grow by bringing in new perspectives and tastes that still fit in with the core values of the site. Not to mention guys like Vinny and Drew are good at production, that's what they're trained to do and probably enjoy doing. Video editing, live production and a/v setup is fun, and just because people like them on camera doesn't mean they (or Rorie and Alexis) should stop working behind the scenes altogether. They're shorthanded as it is when it comes to production, adding new folks while taking away what's currently there doesn't solve that problem.

We just need to have some trust that if the site expands it will be done thoughtfully and with the fanbase in mind. Resisting change is probably not the best outlook to have when change is inevitable, I'd hate for a knee jerk negative reaction to greet whoever does end up getting added to the team because of it.

just as I complain about the lack of focus, they wake up with an excellent pod cast, a jar time, and a bunch of good quicklooks. Hopefully this keeps up for a few months.

frostyxc

Pathetic? You guys (and that one gal in the back who won’t make eye contact) don’t know pathetic!

Pathetic is sprinklering all over your white, Quiet Riot™-branded jeans in an outhouse, then blaming it on an incredibly dweeby child with an encyclopedic knowledge of SpongeBob SquarePants. As the dweeb’s parents beat him with a rattan flyswatter, you feel the kind of self-loathing and shame that only a messy pee’er can comprehend. The child’s screams about the pee-honor of Patrick Star never fade away…

Pathetic is covering an incredibly sexy statue of Nipsy Russell in cream cheese, then tricking a tourist flock of very trusting Cinnabar Boobooks that it’s the ghost of Manchurian delis. While the birds are busy covering the statue in (Shaq) diesel fuel and slinging the maddest incantation rhymes this side of Dubuque, you steal all of their choice tail feathers, selling them to the highest (on ludes!) Peloponnesian bidder. The Cinnabar Boobooks, unable to fly back home, are enslaved in a helper-monkey racing ring, never to know the taste of happiness, or cream cheese, again…

Pathetic is feeling pride in giving a high-five to a wax reproduction of Sir Alec Guinness that you keep in your spare taco closet…

Prophetic is saying all that was said before, but saying it with crazy eyes this time…

What’s Twitter?

1emons

Neo Member
Pathetic? You guys (and that one gal in the back who won’t make eye contact) don’t know pathetic!

Pathetic is sprinklering all over your white, Quiet Riot™-branded jeans in an outhouse, then blaming it on an incredibly dweeby child with an encyclopedic knowledge of SpongeBob SquarePants. As the dweeb’s parents beat him with a rattan flyswatter, you feel the kind of self-loathing and shame that only a messy pee’er can comprehend. The child’s screams about the pee-honor of Patrick Star never fade away…

Pathetic is covering an incredibly sexy statue of Nipsy Russell in cream cheese, then tricking a tourist flock of very trusting Cinnabar Boobooks that it’s the ghost of Manchurian delis. While the birds are busy covering the statue in (Shaq) diesel fuel and slinging the maddest incantation rhymes this side of Dubuque, you steal all of their choice tail feathers, selling them to the highest (on ludes!) Peloponnesian bidder. The Cinnabar Boobooks, unable to fly back home, are enslaved in a helper-monkey racing ring, never to know the taste of happiness, or cream cheese, again…

Pathetic is feeling pride in giving a high-five to a wax reproduction of Sir Alec Guinness that you keep in your spare taco closet…

Prophetic is saying all that was said before, but saying it with crazy eyes this time…

What’s Twitter?
So random!! Now try it again but funny this time

popo

Wow, it's crazy how obsessed and PATHETIC you are being over a typical NPD obsessed weirdo ranting at jeff for not chanting or caring about how much the ps4 is crushing the xbox one.

Chill. I was just carrying on the joke. Maybe a touch too far. To be fair it isn't the first time I have found something funny and people have looked at me like I am crazy.

I just loved how the dude kept repeating it, like when a toddler learns a new swear and keeps throwing it out in every sentence. Don't really give a toss what he (the troll) was butt hurt about or if Jeff was baited or not.

That's kind of his shtick. Not that I find it funny either.

It is harmless. Reminds me of this guy called DogDavid who used to post on quake message boards. Not only would he make up random meandering stories but he would fill his posts with random images to illustrate. This was in dial-up days and people used to get really upset about the threads he replied to taking 5 minutes to load :D

ultron87

I liked how that dude just straight up ignored the part immediately after Jeff saying "NPD, who cares" where they directly addressed Microsoft switching to "shipped" numbers and how bad that looks compared to Sony's sold numbers. I like to imagine that he just whited out for a bit as fanboy rage engulfed his mind.

The most distressing thing about the claudiob03 thing is that his twitter bio is "a father, a gamer".

How anyone can have a child and still harass people on the internet over console sale numbers is beyond me.

Mesoian

The most distressing thing about the claudiob03 thing is that his twitter bio is "a father, a gamer".

How anyone can have a child and still harass people on the internet over console sale numbers is beyond me.

Having a kid doesn't mean that you've grown up.

In many cases, it means the exact opposite.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's like an episode of family guy in here.

Brakke

Banned
Oh man, I can't believe putty squad is a game made in 2014.

I was real sick yesterday. I watched this QL last night fever-adled, exhausted, about to fall asleep, while trying to down some water so I wouldn't perish in the night. When I woke up I thought I had dreamed that this game happened. Just baffling.

Liamc723

This is my first full year of being a premium member and with E3 coming up I was wondering, what does GB do in terms of covering E3? A livestream of them watching the conferences together? Daily recaps of their day on the slow floor?

This is my first full year of being a premium member and with E3 coming up I was wondering, what does GB do in terms of covering E3? A livestream of them watching the conferences together? Daily recaps of their day on the slow floor?

They usually rent a place near e3 and have epic hours long livestreams/podcasts for about 3-4 days. It's kinda the best time of the year if youre a GB fan outside of maybe the GOTY stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom