• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be better if they didn't go to the big press conferences and just streamed their live reactions from whatever shithole they rented this year.

The console reveal and gamescom streams are some of my fav GB videos.

But then those cool "E3 Day _" videos would be shorter so it wont be all good.

I think it would be better if they didn't go to the big press conferences and just streamed their live reactions from whatever shithole they rented this year.

I would love to see live reactions to E3 conferences. As you said those streams from last year were pretty great.

I cannot see them topping this set...

iXlXI0wEWCsXg.gif

Jeff said he was excited about the provisional space they have for E3. I really hope they don't hint at the location any further than that given what happened last year.

I understand the legalities behind it, but it's still a bummer that they never fully said exactly what and how the theft happened last year.

Also, without turning this thread into a downer, I am a bit skeptical about how GB's E3 will go this year without Ryan. The guy was great at making random people engage in an interesting conversation with each other. I do not think anyone else on the GB team has that innate talent. Sure they have the talent at coming together to create an amazing, interesting clusterfuck, but that can only take you so far.

Patryn

This is my first full year of being a premium member and with E3 coming up I was wondering, what does GB do in terms of covering E3? A livestream of them watching the conferences together? Daily recaps of their day on the slow floor?

They get a bunch of developers and a bunch of booze in a shitty/crazy location and stream video for hours.

Literally.

Also, without turning this thread into a downer, I am a bit skeptical about how GB's E3 will go this year without Ryan. The guy was great at making random people engage in an interesting conversation with each other. I do not think anyone else on the GB team has that innate talent. Sure they have the talent at coming together to create an amazing, interesting clusterfuck, but that can only take you so far.

Patrick did a great job at E3 last year, especially with the Cliffy B/Blow segment where without him it could've gotten really dumb and off-track in a bad way. I'm not that worried about how it'll go (the GDC stream this year was really good), but if they keep him in the room the whole time this year it'll be great.

styl3s

Jeff said he was excited about the provisional space they have for E3. I really hope they don't hint at the location any further than that given what happened last year.

I understand the legalities behind it, but it's still a bummer that they never fully said exactly what and how the theft happened last year.
I'm sure the equipment will never be left alone or unsecured ever again at E3.

My biggest fear is that Ryan was the talent wrangler, right? He was always the guy who booked all the guest and even though the shows at times would get out of control he was good about keeping it under control and he always picked people who were like minded where as some personalities clashed at the GDC stuff.

Long as Jeff brings in Justin McElroy i think everything will be ok.

Except not that kind of a mess.

I suppose you must have been unaware of the $775 million meme.
Is all that stuff archived on the GB site?

Zaph

I can't be certain, but I would put money on it being thieves who troll known studio-for-hire locations waiting for people to leave their gear unattended.

When we've done shoots, we're always warned about this and our company has a standing policy of hiring agency security guards if we're leaving equipment overnight.

Thieves know that most studios-for-hire have very little security (they're just empty spaces with a few props so even CCTV is rare) aside from a keypad alarm which most renters leave off because getting everyone to remember the code is a hassle. Watching these places is lucrative because stolen pro gear sells so well on the black market - there are thousands of freelancer filmmakers always looking for a good deal and won't ask questions.

If it's that bad in London, I bet it's 100 times worse in LA.

They barely did those last year, I wouldn't be shocked if they just didn't bother this year unless they get more video people in by then. Which is a shame, because it's some of their best content.

I can't be certain, but I would put money on it being thieves who troll known studio-for-hire locations waiting for people to leave their gear unattended.

When we've done shoots, we're always warned about this and our company has a standing policy of hiring agency security guards if we're leaving equipment overnight.

Thieves know that most studios-for-hire have very little security (they're just empty spaces with a few props so even CCTV is rare) aside from a keypad alarm which most renters leave off because getting everyone to remember the code is a hassle. Watching these places is lucrative because stolen pro gear sells so well on the black market - there are thousands of freelancer filmmakers always looking for a good deal and won't ask questions.

If it's that bad in London, I bet it's 100 times worse in LA.

That's really insightful about the thieves and studios for hire. Thanks for the details

Megasoum

Banned
They barely did those last year, I wouldn't be shocked if they just didn't bother this year unless they get more video people in by then. Which is a shame, because it's some of their best content.

Well it's kinda hard to do when you don't have video equipement lol...

I cannot see them topping this set...

iXlXI0wEWCsXg.gif

I have this moment on my PSVita and still kinda watch it again from time to time. It was the perfect endcap to E3 last year and the whole wave that Sony was riding. Are still riding? Who knows, in any case it's always great to have Adam and/or Johnny V doing Giant Bomb stuff with the guys.

Deadstar

Yeah I didn't even really realize this until he was gone. He was so good at what he did and it seemed so natural that you just flow with it.

Liamc723

Is it just me who finds it a bit weird when Matt Rorie rests his arm on the sofa behind another member of the team? I only associate that with a man trying to pull a woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom