• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so which ones out of these are worth watching?

Hitman Go QL
Putty Squad QL
Super Professional Wednesdays
Hack 'n' Slash QL EX
Unfinished: Bounden
UPF
NES Remix 2 QL

Found this at the flea market today. Obviously I had to buy it.

iySIcrM.jpg

R.I.P.

Does anyone know if there is some way to browse/sort GB's videos according to platform?

I just ordered a 3DS, and I'm trying to recall some of the games they looked at that I enjoyed, but I can't, for the life of me, remember any of the names.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does anyone know if there is some way to browse/sort GB's videos according to platform?

I just ordered a 3DS, and I'm trying to recall some of the games they looked at that I enjoyed, but I can't, for the life of me, remember any of the names.

http://qlcrew.com/

Filter by a platform on left. Once again, their on site filtering is terrible.

Dug

Banned
Started listening to the Bombcasts from the beginning, and it's funny some of they stuff they say. Alex saying dedicating a game to one band is dumb(funny since he would go on to work at Harmonix who made Beatles Rockband), Jeff talking about how a Beatles Rockband game would work well/A Daft Punk game would be cool(DJ Hero), and the most recent one I am listening to Ryan saying we should be getting a new Xbox in 2010.

Started listening to the Bombcasts from the beginning, and it's funny some of they stuff they say. Alex saying dedicating a game to one band is dumb(funny since he would go on to work at Harmonix who made Beatles Rockband), Jeff talking about how a Beatles Rockband game would work well/A Daft Punk game would be cool(DJ Hero), and the most recent one I am listening to Ryan saying we should be getting a new Xbox in 2010.

I remember old 1UP podcasts where they were predicting new consoles at E3 2010/11. Crazy how long this generation went on for.

kulapik

Hey duders, Reddit is running a little promotion with Giant Bomb, so if you buy a month of gold (reddit premium service, $3.99) they'll give you 2 months of premium plus a 20% discount on the yearly membership. This can be done by anyone, though those that have premium must do some hoops:

Unfortunately technical issues will prevent these codes from being redeemed by people who already have Premium. BUT I can hook you up manually. Just email a screenshot of your Reddit Gold benefits page (click on the code button for Giant Bomb to make sure that it's visible) and your username on the site to support@giantbomb.com. When I verify that the code hasn't been used I can extend your account by a couple of months. We'll only be able to do this once per account, though.

TL;DR: 2 months of GB Premium plus 20% off yearly subscription for $3.99 by going to https://reddit.com/gold and buying just a month.

Alfredo

After finding out about Brad's lack of Kirby experience, I now want a "Brad's Dreamland" video series of Brad playing through a bunch of Kirby games. I think it'd be a fun complement to Vinnyvania, and I'm sure Brad would appreciate a break from Breaking Brad's tough-as-nails games in the form Kirby's puffy fluffy awesome-but-easy adventures.

I really love kirby but the games all share so much in common that they're fun every few years but can imagine how incredibly boring it would be marathoning them.

Castlevania really mixes it up in even some of the first games, and the early ones are much shorter.

Alfredo

The funny part would be if Brad would still end up getting wrecked by a Kirby game of all things. Parts of that NES Remix 2 Quick Look were difficult to watch, lol.

justjim89

Man, I really want to have a night of drinking and Gang Beasts with three buddies. That game looks fun as shit.

Do you need some kinda USB multi-tap to have four gamepads on a PC?

Jintor

Gangbeasts is PC right?

So far my 'fill a laptop with games and get a HDMI port' list is:

Nidhogg
Sportsfriends
Gang Beasts
Samurai Gunn

That sound about right?

Man, I really want to have a night of drinking and Gang Beasts with three buddies. That game looks fun as shit.

Do you need some kinda USB multi-tap to have four gamepads on a PC?

You could just have 4 wired 360 controllers, assuming you've got 4 free USB slots. The GB guys use the wireless receiver for windows with their setup.

I played it with a buddy and we just used 2 wired controllers, worked fine. Imagine it'd be the same with 4.

Has Spookin' With Scoops been worth watching recently? I don't think I've tuned in since... like October, when he was messing with Oculus stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey duders, Reddit is running a little promotion with Giant Bomb, so if you buy a month of gold (reddit premium service, $3.99) they'll give you 2 months of premium plus a 20% discount on the yearly membership. This can be done by anyone, though those that have premium must do some hoops:

TL;DR: 2 months of GB Premium plus 20% off yearly subscription for $3.99 by going to https://reddit.com/gold and buying just a month.

It's weird that they're doing this but didn't do a normal $35 yearly sub...

skynidas

Banned
dude, patrick is fucking annoying with looking at the chat every 5 seconds. i had to stop watching the latest spookin with scoops after 14 minutes because the thing was so ridiculous to watch. pay attention to the game and actually get into it.

dude, patrick is fucking annoying with looking at the chat every 5 seconds. i had to stop watching the latest spookin with scoops after 14 minutes because the thing was so ridiculous to watch. pay attention to the game and actually get into it.

I think Jeff "Black Dragon" Green is worse with looking at the chat during the DS1 play through D:

Xater

Brad sure likes to blame the games he is playing to hide his own inadequacy.

Brad, pls

My favorite part of that QL was how brad shat on Kirby at first and then later saying he never played it. The latter was obvious because he didn't recognize any of the Kirby stuff. Also NES Kirby is the best Kirby game ever made. I can still play that. It is so much better than the games they do now that are just for babies.

Haunted

Gangbeasts is PC right?

So far my 'fill a laptop with games and get a HDMI port' list is:

Nidhogg
Sportsfriends
Gang Beasts
Samurai Gunn

That sound about right?
Towerfall

I think Jeff "Black Dragon" Green is worse with looking at the chat during the DS1 play through D:
Given their difference in streaming experience, I think we just hold Patrick to higher standards. :D He should know better!

Outside of unwatchable video/audio quality, I honestly think there's nothing worse you can do to harm your stream than pay more attention to chat than the game. If there's any particular behaviour that makes me tune out and switch streams, it's that. Stopped watching MANvsGAME because he spent more time welcoming new subscribers and pausing the action on screen to answer some trollbait in chat than actually play.

Harpuia

I REALLY hope GangBeasts comes to fruition. That game has a level of barbarity and animalism that really makes watching it hilarious. Something about the animation feels RAW as fuck. It really comes out whenever someone's on the floor down and another dude is continuing to lay the beat down as he continues throwing punches at his already beaten head.

OMG Aero

My favorite part of that QL was how brad shat on Kirby at first and then later saying he never played it. The latter was obvious because he didn't recognize any of the Kirby stuff. Also NES Kirby is the best Kirby game ever made. I can still play that. It is so much better than the games they do now that are just for babies.
Sorry to ruin your street cred but Kirby games were always baby games for babies.

Also Super Star (Ultra) is the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom