• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Yeah, I bet it is super annoying for lots of people to be excited about ideas you have for your job. Ugh, seriously, sounds terrible.
The whining about the whining is the only time I find the crew annoying or hard to listen to.

Oh, one of your first ever pieces of content helped to put you on the map and created a rabid fanbase? What a chore it must be to get repeated confirmation that people love your work.

Even if you are genuinely sick of hearing it, keep it to yourself.

The whining about the whining is the only time I find the crew annoying or hard to listen to.

Oh, one of your first ever pieces of content helped to put you on the map and created a rabid fanbase? What a chore it must be to get repeated confirmation that people love your work.

Yup, it couldn't have been said any better.

Patryn

Yeah, I bet it is super annoying for lots of people to be excited about ideas you have for your job. Ugh, seriously, sounds terrible.

I assume it's annoying because it's an idea you're excited for as well, but logistics outside your control prevent it from happening while you have to deal with people constantly asking you when it's going to happen. Recall that Jeff said that they get several hundred e-mails a week for the Bombcast. If even 30 of those were simply asking about the Raid, I can see how it'd be frustrating beyond belief to see them week after week.

Either way, I know when he was talking about all this he mentioned that he's going to try to keep his cards a lot closer to his chest in the future, so the only ideas that get mentioned are those with a realistic chance of actually occurring instead of stuff that he comes up for on a whim.

popo

The point is that Gamespot's getting thousands to spend on trips to an irrelevant show meanwhile Giant Bomb can't even replace equipment that was stolen or hire people to backfill those who've left, let alone expand.

Those are three separate budgets.

Even Gamespot has had staff layoffs. If you include Gamespot UK than Danny was basically the only survivor.

As to the equipment - insurance claims can take an age in big corps. It isn't like they ever wanted for camera gear in the mean time. Hopefully it has been replaced in time for this E3 and maybe they will leave a guy watching the stuff this time around? :D

popo

I assume it's annoying because it's an idea you're excited for as well, but logistics outside your control prevent it from happening while you have to deal with people constantly asking you when it's going to happen. Recall that Jeff said that they get several hundred e-mails a week for the Bombcast. If even 30 of those were simply asking about the Raid, I can see how it'd be frustrating beyond belief to see them week after week.

I think they were talking about the Endurance Run.

The raid doesn't need resources. It was always going to be Jeff booking a trip and taking his vacation days. Maybe film some, maybe not. He just lost interest in the idea.

To be fair, none of them have really complained about any of this. Jeff was more apologetic about raising expectations than anything else.

webrunner

Is Jeff a bitter person ? He seems to always be harboring negativity for tons of stuff.

is jeff bitter
is brad bad at games and leaving giant bomb
is jeff green joining giant bomb
is greg biased towards xbox
does small business man even want a website or is the small business just a big money laundering scheme

these are the mysteries of giant bomb

When it came out it blew me away and I thought it was better than the first one in every single way. I still do.

There is nothing that SMB2 does that's better than its predecessor other than having better visuals. Even then, I don't want better visuals if what youre going to give me is a fucking bow-in-her(?)-scales dinosaur who shoots eggs and dances an awful two-step and Wart

Oh, and Wart is stupid final boss. Where's the Bowser? The king of koopas?

Wait, lets not even have this discussion since the whole game is a FUCKING DREAM. It can't even be a good mario game because it was just mario having a carb-induced food coma and then dreaming that the princess had a sick floating jump that he was super jelly of.

is jeff bitter
is brad bad at games and leaving giant bomb
is jeff green joining giant bomb
is greg biased towards xbox
does small business man even want a website or is the small business just a big money laundering scheme

these are the mysteries of giant bomb

Eff Greg.

Kerned

Banned
There is nothing that SMB2 does that's better than its predecessor other than having better visuals. Even then, I don't want better visuals if what youre going to give me is a fucking bow-in-her(?)-scales dinosaur who shoots eggs and dances an awful two-step and Wart

Oh, and Wart is stupid final boss. Where's the Bowser? The king of koopas?

Wait, lets not even have this discussion since the whole game is a FUCKING DREAM. It can't even be a good mario game because it was just mario having a carb-induced food coma and then dream that the princess had a sick floating jump that he was super jelly of.

I think it's more fun. I like the veggie pulling stuff. I like that you can pick up and throw enemies. The end-of-level slot machine is fun. It didn't matter that the enemies were all different and Bowser wasn't in it. It was the first sequel so there was not yet any expectation that Nintendo would put the same exact enemies into every subsequent Mario game until the end of time. As far as the "it's all a dream ending," I LOVED that about it. It blew my little 12 year old mind, and the ending credit sequence was awesome. Oh, and the music is way better than that of the first game.

Anth0ny

Basically. Definitely the most annoying thing about the GB crew.

I can't believe Jeff is actually sick of people mentioning the raid. That still sounds like an incredible idea, and it's what, over a year old at this point? 2 years old?

GET ER DONE GERSTMANN

Wunder

Fuck Endurance Runs, bring back Pathfinder

Having played a campaign or two of Pathfinder since then, I would very much like this to come back. Although I fear I may turn into one of those people who yell at Rorie for not following rules. :(

Zaph

Err, wow, this is crazy.

Do you guys remember the engineer Ted at Whiskey Media? The guy who did the Bill Cosby impression? He wasn't around long and after he 'left', Dave made it clear he wasn't too fond of him on TNT.

Anyway, if you've been following along with the GitHub sexual harassment/Julie Ann Horvath story, you may be interested in knowing that she started naming names:
@tnm, Ted Nyman is the engineer and ex-friend of mine who systematically bullied me out of our code base because I wouldn't fuck and/or date him.
Yeah, that Ted.

RE_Player

Couldn't agree more. It helps absolutely no one to whine about the whining.

The same sentiment could be expressed to stuff they obviously don't care about but mention anyway. Recently on the bombcast and the morning show the crew raised their noses when mentioning the NPD numbers that came out for March. If you don't want to discuss or don't think they are important don't mention them!

popo

Know next to nothing about Ted other than maybe 5 minutes in total; on videos. Also, allegations are not facts
but this is the internet so fuck that guy.

robotrock

Banned
Man, I still have not seen Captain America 2 yet. Do they get deep into spoilers? I can't remember what the last movie podcast was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom