• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
I have bold it for you.

I didn't mind Hitman: GO. Was okay to have on in the background.

UPF was kind of boring this week, didn't really grab me. On the other hand I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I'm not yet bored of Gang Beasts, those new levels were great.

Jamie OD

I REALLY hope GangBeasts comes to fruition. That game has a level of barbarity and animalism that really makes watching it hilarious. Something about the animation feels RAW as fuck. It really comes out whenever someone's on the floor down and another dude is continuing to lay the beat down as he continues throwing punches at his already beaten head.

It has the most accurate representation of a pro wrestling Battle Royal I've ever seen in a video game. Also love the choice of stages so far. Some good movie style brawl locations.

Not a fan of the potential art style seen in the menu though. I prefer the blank colour fighters we have now. I understand if it's just placeholder art but it doesn't look right compared to how the game itself looks.

Mr. F

Banned
It has the most accurate representation of a pro wrestling Battle Royal I've ever seen in a video game. Also love the choice of stages so far. Some good movie style brawl locations.

Not a fan of the potential art style seen in the menu though. I prefer the blank colour fighters we have now. I understand if it's just placeholder art but it doesn't look right compared to how the game itself looks.

Started to wonder about that. Maybe there's a way they can implement it that looks okay but yeah I really like the blank colour fighters they have right now. Would be sad to see them go.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite part of that QL was how brad shat on Kirby at first and then later saying he never played it. The latter was obvious because he didn't recognize any of the Kirby stuff. Also NES Kirby is the best Kirby game ever made. I can still play that. It is so much better than the games they do now that are just for babies.
Those early Kirby games are great. Kirby's Dream Land 2 on the Game Boy was probably my favourite game on that system. I'm in full support of a Kirbrad series. Today, Kirby is more of a way to try out gameplay experiments for Nintendo.

Kirby games were always baby games for babies
That helps, too.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh man that Gang Beasts on UPF...wow. They've played that three times in a row and it never stops being hilarious. Best multi fighting game ever.

The Subway is ingenious, bwahaha

I finally started watching This Ain't No Game and, man, it's great. I don't know why I was so hesitant to watch it before.

(This is the page's requried "I miss you, Ryan" comment.)

I miss you, Ryan. :(

I agree with you on the art style, I've been concerned that the "final art" will actually be a downgrade.

What amazes me about the blank shades is their expressiveness. (Since Dark Souls is on my mind lately, I'll call them shades for simplicity.) The stages and mechanics of the game complement each other very well and add to the expressiveness of the shades. Plus, the animation system is jaw-droppingly amazing in Gang Beasts; for something so seemingly simplistic, is is amazingly real.

Dragon

Banned
I finally started watching This Ain't No Game and, man, it's great. I don't know why I was so hesitant to watch it before.

(This is the page's requried "I miss you, Ryan" comment.)

I miss you, Ryan. :(

Yeah I miss him too. I watched the Playstation Meeting stream earlier and he and Vinny's enthusiasm battled and won against Patrick's usual snark. It sucks :(

Dug

Banned
Just found out that batmanbatmanbatman.com, cocainemountain.com, and rivalvideogamewebsite.com don't exist anymore. :(

TraBuch

Banned
Rorie's "What's the goal of what you're trying to do here?" during the soccer game might legit be the first time he's ever made me laugh.

Drunk Danny on UPF was hilarious. I really wish they could steal him from Gamespot, he's great.

Finally watched that "Giant Bomb Live Unarchived" stream. Damn i miss Ryan Davis. All of them in ecstasy over the uncrustable sandwhich was beautiful.

Alfredo

Gangbeasts is PC right?

So far my 'fill a laptop with games and get a HDMI port' list is:

Nidhogg
Sportsfriends
Gang Beasts
Samurai Gunn

That sound about right?

With all this "minimalist e-sports" stuff becoming a big trend, I want Bionic Commando Rearmed's multiplayer to come back... that was a heck of a lot of fun, but a ton of people ignored it back then.

Aaron

Rorie's "What's the goal of what you're trying to do here?" during the soccer game might legit be the first time he's ever made me laugh.
I thought he was hilarious in all the parts of UPF he was there for, but that line got me big time. Even Danny's reaction helped sell it.

rObit

Banned
Drunk Danny on UPF was hilarious. I really wish they could steal him from Gamespot, he's great.

I feel like Danny pretty much is a GB member at this point. He does the Alt+F1 podcast with Drew, is on UPF more often than not, and they even get him for the occasional Quick Look. I feel like he's in as much GB content now as Drew was before he became the 4th seat on the Bombcast.

As an ardent supporter of the "Giant Bomb should hire Danny" movement, I'm actually quite pleased as-is.

edit - I suppose all of this is reliant on being a subscriber.

Lol: he is only ignorant if you think Nintendo or early xbox defines gaming.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but anyways, while I won't call Rorie ignorant, he's the person at Giant Bomb who got me most often to say "What the hell are you talking about dude ? That's not it." after he said something blatantly false.

graboids

I was bored...

2625894-watch-dogs2.jpg

Patryn

I feel like Danny pretty much is a GB member at this point. He does the Alt+F1 podcast with Drew, is on UPF more often than not, and they even get him for the occasional Quick Look. I feel like he's in as much GB content now as Drew was before he became the 4th seat on the Bombcast.

As an ardent supporter of the "Giant Bomb should hire Danny" movement, I'm actually quite pleased as-is.

edit - I suppose all of this is reliant on being a subscriber.

I hadn't thought about it like that, but you're right. Hell, he's practically in more content than Rorie and Alexis.

FStop7

Banned
I got fucking bummed watching UPF listening to the Gamespot guys talk about how they're sending a healthy sized contingent of people to TGS, a very costly expenditure to cover a trade show that's rapidly fading from relevance, as they both sit in on a Giant Bomb show because Giant Bomb has no people and can't even get the equipment they had stolen fully replaced nearly a year later.

Meanwhile on the "upcoming" tab on the GB homepage we have a quick look of Super Mario Bros 2 on the way and more of the Blair Witch Project.

At this point I personally would favor a merger with Gamespot because then at least Jeff and co could hopefully leverage those resources rather than be in this infinite holding pattern.

I got fucking bummed watching UPF listening to the Gamespot guys talk about how they're sending a healthy sized contingent of people to TGS, a very costly expenditure to cover a trade show that's rapidly fading from relevance, as they both sit in on a Giant Bomb show because Giant Bomb has no people and can't even get the equipment they had stolen fully replaced nearly a year later.

Meanwhile on the "upcoming" tab on the GB homepage we have a quick look of Super Mario Bros 2 on the way and more of the Blair Witch Project.

I don't think Jeff wants to go to TGS. It's an increasingly irrelevant show.

FStop7

Banned
I don't think Jeff wants to go to TGS. It's an increasingly irrelevant show.

The point is that Gamespot's getting thousands to spend on trips to an irrelevant show meanwhile Giant Bomb can't even replace equipment that was stolen or hire people to backfill those who've left, let alone expand.

Patryn

The point is that Gamespot's getting thousands to spend on trips to an irrelevant show meanwhile Giant Bomb can't even replace equipment that was stolen or hire people to backfill those who've left, let alone expand.

They are going to be hiring. It's been approved. It'll just take some time for them to actually, you know, hire the people.

FStop7

Banned
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jeff kind of regrets ever mentioning the Raid idea because he's sick of people asking about it.

I imagine that can be said of every single meme or popular feature that's spawned from Giant Bomb: endurance run, "Never", China Don't Care, batmanbatmanbatman, glhb, <>, etc. The fact that everyone asks them about "the raid" shows how much people want it, and that it would probably generate a lot of traffic. But apparently it's not enough for CBSi to front the cost, which is a bummer.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jeff kind of regrets ever mentioning the Raid idea because he's sick of people asking about it.

Yeah, I bet it is super annoying for lots of people to be excited about ideas you have for your job. Ugh, seriously, sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom