• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have had too much hiring speculation already but I will throw out Chris Antista... Lives in SF, he can write, podcast and do video content and I think the TalkRadar/ LaserTime attitude could work at GB... Not sure how many other Tdards there are here on GAF but I would love to see him join the crew...

I was just thinking the same thing while listening to the latest Laser Time. I think he'd be a great fit, but he seems like he really wants to flesh Laser Time out more rather than get another job right now. Which seemed kind of odd to me because the other guys didn't seem all too interested in doing that.

EVERYONE can appreciate JoJo. Mainly because it's hilarious, and mainly because the anime actually has good pacing for once.

Jojo has the really specific problem of a lot of people going in thinking it's going to be one thing due to all the hype and descriptions, but it turns out it's really Dio.

FluxWaveZ

how many episodes is the jo jo anime? It feels like one of those that probably has 300 episodes

The manga has 7 or 8 parts to it and is massive. The newest anime series, however, just started in late 2012 and currently has 32 episodes, with part 3 having just started a few weeks ago.

Zebetite

Banned
Jojo has the really specific problem of a lot of people going in thinking it's going to be one thing due to all the hype and descriptions, but it turns out it's really Dio.

JfRfIGQ.jpg

The EULA part of the JJBA:ASB Quick Look was the greatest.

BearPawB

Banned
The manga has 7 or 8 parts to it and is massive. The newest anime series, however, just started in late 2012 and currently has 32 episodes, with part 3 having just started a few weeks ago.

just watched the first episode...not what i expected in the slightest

Jojo is one of those things that, at some point, you just kinda GET it. And by some point I mean as soon as Part 2 begins. From then on, it's like the best thing ever.

I need to hear more of Vincent Caravella's History of Anime.

just watched the first episode...not what i expected in the slightest

Phantom Blood (Part 1) is weird, Part 2 is a bit more what you'd expect. Except there's no Dio. Instead you get WAMMU, KARS AND ESIDISI

pillar-men-43729.jpg

If there was an anime that everyone on the GB staff could at least appreciate, it would probably be Jojo.

I agree.

Jeff started to more or less like it in the end when playing Versus mode.

Also Brad is Dio.

----

Kind of reductionist from Patrick given that there is a lot of effort also going in creating video stuff and writting can also be cheap in quality.

I'm studing Literature in Collage in my country.

Note: I'm referring to his comparasion with Pizza vs Deep Dish, not the tumblr talking about coverage future (where I will disagree at points and agree in anothers )

Being both a writer and a video production guy, both are really hard but I think I obsess harder about every little thing wrong with my videos since it's way easier to go "FUCK IT NO ONE WILL NOTICE" when actually doing it but bite my nails over people noticing after rendering.

I wouldn't really say part 1 is weird (I mean relatively; it is a "bizarre adventure", after all). Just watched episode 1 again and I remembered just how much I enjoyed it, at least as my first exposure to Jojo's.

I mean it's weird in context of the rest of the series (or what I've seen so far). It's just as fabulous and structurally it's pretty similar, but it's got the Victorian setting and feels a bit more serious and what-not. That first episode in particular is basically "watch JoJo's life get completely ruined", it's a total bummer :lol

Being both a writer and a video production guy, both are really hard but I think I obsess harder about every little thing wrong with my videos since it's way easier to go "FUCK IT NO ONE WILL NOTICE" when actually doing it but bite my nails over people noticing after rendering.

I obsess when written stuff in my native lenguage because I have problems (since kid) with a sound element that is represented in the written lenguage (accent and tilde).

Note: I'm referring to his comparasion with Pizza vs Deep Dish, not the tumblr talking about coverage future (where I will disagree at points and agree in anothers )
Makes sense to me. A thin slice pizza is easier to eat and less of an effort for the consumer.
While a really good deep dish pizza you gotta sit down fully and experience it for a hour.

Makes sense to me. A thin slice pizza is easier to eat and less of an effort for the consumer.

This is not necessary true in every video thing

While a really good deep dish pizza you gotta sit down fully and experience it for a hour.

Well, he didnt mention the deep dish being a Pizza... but again, not necessary true given that written stuff can also be made to be accesible to more people (not at the same level of a video or sound stuff, but there is also an accesibility issue in there).

I understand that video will get to more people but the comparasion with fast food is a little fallacious given actual individual efford.

Mesoian

I can't remember if there's a good tutorial on how to play for Jojo, but it's one of these games that needs one. The taunting system is not something that comes naturally to fighting games.

I agree.

Jeff started to more or less like it in the end when playing Versus mode.

Also Brad is Dio.
Well, he did start off playing as Jonathan in arcade, wound up fighting Part 1 Dio and Zeppeli, and then decided to play Part 1 in story mode. From my experience, the Hamon users aren't that fun to use, and he unintentionally stuck himself with them for a good forty minutes or so.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of reductionist from Patrick given that there is a lot of effort also going in creating video stuff and writting can also be cheap in quality.

I'm studing Literature in Collage in my country.

He's talking about consumption, not the creation. He even mentions how work intensive videos are in the blog post.

Zaph

I've never heard of this JoJo thing before, but the beginning of the QL got me hyped for some Asura's Wrath style insanity. Then they started playing a fighting game.

He's talking about consumption, not the creation. He even mentions how work intensive videos are in the blog post.

Thats why I'm saying is kind of bad analogy. The fast food and dish stuff have another connotations beyond consumption and sales.

Well, he did start off playing as Jonathan in arcade, wound up fighting Part 1 Dio and Zeppeli, and then decided to play Part 1 in story mode. From my experience, the Hamon users aren't that fun to use, and he unintentionally stuck himself with them for a good forty minutes or so.

Yeah, that part drive it me nuts, but that is in Jeff side (even if that mode actually sucks) given that three times in the Dio Castle was a tip to him to change the mode/episode.

The anti-deep-dish sentiment on the Internet has gone too far. Patrick's apologist "it's a lasagna" rhetoric in particular is downright treasonous and I will not stand for it. Y'all need to get it through your thick skulls that just cause a pizza's got some heft don't mean it ain't a pizza. It eats like a pizza, it tastes like a pizza, and it does more to your body in one slice than most pizzas can do with a whole pie.

#pizzabeef
#italiansausage

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Call it whatever the fuck you want, this is the best tasting ever

Pizza is my favorite food. If the above isn't pizza, then whatever the hell it is is better than pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom