• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree! I just started watching it and not that into it to be honest. I hope 2 and 3 are better but I might just not like the style of Jojo.

oh and gideo vames.

Part 1 is when it tried to be Fist of the Northstar with vampires.

The other parts are were thing goes really "weird"

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 1m
Take that, criminal scum! pic.twitter.com/HhyJ2k7h7l]

BnDrTHBCIAAu2kc.jpg

upcoming UPF? I'm so ready

BearPawB

Banned
oh man....What is life...

Just finished episode 5 of JoJo...which featured:
zombies
sun power
prancing magicians
REO Speedwagon's burning hot abs
Queen elizabeth
Sonic breath bubbles
A person using their hair to fight.

I don't think this is a very good anime (it is more..."saturday morning cartoon" material). But...I don't think I am done watching either. And the promise of tonal shifts has me intrigued.

Mesoian

zombies
sun power
prancing magicians
Queen elizabeth
Sonic breath bubbles

I don't think this is a very good anime (it is more..."saturday morning cartoon" material). But...I don't think I am done watching either. And the promise of tonal shifts has me intrigued.

It has you. It HAS you.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Damnit. Glanced at the schedule an hour or two ago and thought vinnyvania was tonight :|

zombies
sun power
prancing magicians
Queen elizabeth
Sonic breath bubbles

It's good ANYTHING.

Hip Hop

Do you guys know if they will continue to do those daily after E3 streams?

One of my favorite parts of E3 (And the only time I watch a Giantbomb show).

It's gonna suck not having Ryan there, he was the life of it.

Mesoian

I bet they will, as long as those pressers are divided up by time in an acceptable manner. You only need 1 person to be there and 1 person to film with the set up they have for people.

Zaph

Pretty sure I saw Patrick mention booking guests recently. Either way, it's not going anywhere, it's too popular with both viewers and developers.

santeesioux

zombies
sun power
prancing magicians
Queen elizabeth
Sonic breath bubbles

You're going to be an Anime Gaf regular by the weekend.

Myggen

Of course they will, it's one of the most popular features of the site. Jeff talked about them locking down a venue for that on one of the more recent Bombcasts.

rybrad

Wow, Vinny plays games at 60 FOV? That's insane.
Haven't played since early access started but I believe in Sir the slider is setting Vertical FOV rather than Horizontal (which is what most games use in the options). I think it is around 90 degrees horizontal FOV so not as horrendous as it looks at first glance.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So "Sir, you are being hunted" is out of early access? Jesus it still seems like a very early beta. It still seems like a year of development away from being a complete game.

So "Sir, you are being hunted" is out of early access? Jesus it still seems like a very early beta. It still seems like a year of development away from being a complete game.

That's just the way that game is. It's very sparse, but it definitely looks a lot more complete than it did when I played it back in September.

Also I think one of the devs told me they were interested in TrackIR support at the time. Dunno if it made it in there.

That's just the way that game is. It's very sparse, but it definitely looks a lot more complete than it did when I played it back in September.

Also I think one of the devs told me they were interested in TrackIR support at the time. Dunno if it made it in there.

Vinny mentions in the quicklook that it's there but he hasn't tried it.

I've read up to part 4, but I think part 1 of JoJo is the weakest. It's pretty standard stuff compared to what's to come later on.

The quick look gave me strong urges to play the capcom version of the fighting game.

jgminto

Yeah, Phantom Blood is the weakest, kind of a shame that's what they played the most of. Everything after that is awesome.

Aaron

Still think there's not enough there, and what's there seems pretty rough. I expected something further along coming out of Early Access.

bonercop

Yeah, Phantom Blood is the weakest, kind of a shame that's what they played the most of. Everything after that is awesome.

Even though "I WANT TO BE A GANGSTAR" might be my favorite line in the series, I think part 5 is way worse.
guys, this is turning into the jojo thread. w-we have to stop

Zero315

Banned
What a fraud. Brad, I thought you were for real!

Great QL of Jojo. It makes me want to check the show out rather than play the game, though.

I just watched five episodes because of the quick look, been meaning to check it out but haven't gotten around to it.

The first few episodes dragged a bit but it's getting better, the last episode I watched kinda flew by. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Edit: Kinda want to make my desktop background a screencap of JoJo looking amazed and saying "I can even lift this heavy rock!"

Matt

Man, even though it would be a big step down in pay, career level, seniority...basically everything, I really want to apply for both of those jobs...

Haven't played since early access started but I believe in Sir the slider is setting Vertical FOV rather than Horizontal (which is what most games use in the options). I think it is around 90 degrees horizontal FOV so not as horrendous as it looks at first glance.

If this is the case then ~60 would be fine as a vertical FOV.

Still think there's not enough there, and what's there seems pretty rough. I expected something further along coming out of Early Access.

One thing to note is that the game certainly isn't about fighting (or hiding from) those same basic robots until you've found all 16 pieces, there's a bit more enemy variety. The game's just built so that it will only start bringing in the harder enemies after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom