• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
#TEAMVINNY

qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png
qYR67o3.png

No one here cares that Vinny beat Castlevania? Big props! That game is tough.

Edit: Apparently my browser was stuck on the last page and wasn't showing a new page available despite a refresh. My bad!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's been so long since I've seen Castlevania 2. I had forgotten how this game is completely straight bullshit. Castlevania was hard and expected you to cheese bosses, but this game is just a dick. Really terrible game for so many reasons. You remember the awful translation and vague hints, but the terrible enemy placement and screen transitions were something I'd completely forgotten about.

It's been so long since I've seen Castlevania 2. I had forgotten how this game is completely straight bullshit. Castlevania was hard and expected you to cheese bosses, but this game is just a dick. Really terrible game for so many reasons. You remember the awful translation and vague hints, but the terrible enemy placement and screen transitions were something I'd completely forgotten about.

Honestly, I'd prefer a game with BS (yet do-able) enemy placement to a game that intentionally obfuscates what you're supposed to do -- relying on either stupidly rote trial and error or a guide they want to sell you.

It's the same reason I hate the original Legend of Zelda.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Honestly, I'd prefer a game with BS (yet do-able) enemy placement to a game that intentionally obfuscates what you're supposed to do -- relying on either stupidly rote trial and error or a guide they want to sell you.

It's the same reason I hate the original Legend of Zelda.

Luckily, Castlevania 2 has both. It has something to hate for everybody who loves video games.

daydream

Banned
I wonder how far they'll get in Simon's Quest without a walkthrough. Surely Vinny will try and figure it out on his own, but I'd also expect them to take a vague hint from the chat now and then.

Around 1:15 is Vinny winning. Just a few minutes before (1:13) Jeff said something like "Vinny will win and we'll miss it" and that is exactly what happened ! lol

Megasoum

Banned
I wish there was still a way to get a random quicklook... There used to be a script on the forums too that still works technically but I think it hasn't been updated in years so you only get old stuff.

Chuck

Still without luck
vinnyvania was awesome. I just wish he played it on a nes and instead of an emulator.

edit: wow this is super annoying watching shitty bomberman when vinny is playing the second castlevania o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom