• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The golden age of videogame narrative.

3078188240_89e71efffd.jpg
I really love the idea that skinheads would not only take Madonna, but that their street punk opposition wouldn't stand for that and would save her.

I want whatever the devs of this game were taking and I want it straight into my veins.

I know it's common knowledge and people probably don't even notice it anymore. I don't. Except today I did: Vinny wears the same shirt every day. Isn't that kind of weird? I mean we all like Vinny and we've been looking at him on video for 5-6 years now so maybe it's just not even noticeable anymore. But he wears the same shirt every day. If a dude did that at my work, I'd be like what the hell??

I know it's not the exact same shirt and I'm sure his collection is laundered regularly. But still.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I know it's common knowledge and people probably don't even notice it anymore. I don't. Except today I did: Vinny wears the same shirt every day. Isn't that kind of weird? I mean we all like Vinny and we've been looking at him on video for 5-6 years now so maybe it's just not even noticeable anymore. But he wears the same shirt every day. If a dude did that at my work, I'd be like what the hell??

I know it's not the exact same shirt and I'm sure his collection is laundered regularly. But still.

Steve Jobs took style tips from Vinny.

Megasoum

Banned

You know you can have more than one black shirt in your drawers right? I actually like his style idea, makes it simple.

Balehead

I bet he wears something completely different when he's off duty, making it impossible to recognize him because our eyes are so trained to his look.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

He wears black shirts because he dances all day. Come on, do your research.

popo

A lot of people wear the same outfit every day. It is called a uniform. Even if it is unofficial. I always wear a white shirt and a very similar dark suit every day at work. Some of my colleagues spend time cycling out and matching colours but life is too short. Occasionally a pink shirt or loud tie sneaks through but they never last long (I assume they get thrown in the loony bin like that one Simpsons episode).

I mean, if we're going to be creepers about it I gotta say that vinny seems to be shedding some of that papa weight he was putting on. Congrats to the duder for looking healthier. It's gotta be hard to get back in shape and be a dad at the same time.

I thought we'd cracked the case on this.

The Golf Club looks awesome. I hope they keep the really sparse shot assist stuff. The putting actually looked as difficult as putting should be. And randomly generating a new course is super impressive.

Myggen

The Golf Club looks awesome. I hope they keep the really sparse shot assist stuff. The putting actually looked as difficult as putting should be. And randomly generating a new course is super impressive.

Yeah, that's a really cool idea. Not a fan of analog stick swinging though, but it might be the best of several not so good options? As a fan of golf games I'm at least keeping an eye out for this game now.

Wow, Brad really thinks Uncharted isn't much farther along than Gears? Talk about buying into to the doom and gloom.

Considering GOW can't be more than a bunch of rectangles floating in abstraction i think im going to side with you on this and say that Uncharted has to be farther along, even if it's just barely.

When is the deadline for applying, they need people soon.

No deadline that I've seen, but on this week's podcast they mentioned that they had some good prospects for "some of the jobs."

Mine, and others, theory is that the Editor position had basically already been filled, or they had an idea of a couple people, but were still obligated to open the position up. I would be super super surprised if the position weren't filled by some current member of the games press.

jacobs34

I can't wait for the E3 podcasts, easily my favorite part of E3 every year. Whoever they end up hiring is going to be jumping into the deep end.

Wow, Brad really thinks Uncharted isn't much farther along than Gears? Talk about buying into to the doom and gloom.

Naughty Dog would have been the very first Developer to get Dev kits or anything resembling PS4 specs. And Uncharted 4 is being made by the Uncharted 3 team so they haven't shipped a game since late 2011.

You would have to be delusional to think there isn't a vertical slice of the game ready by now.

Curufinwe

Naughty Dog would have been the very first Developer to get Dev kits or anything resembling PS4 specs. And Uncharted 4 is being made by the Uncharted 3 team so they haven't shipped a game since late 2011.

You would have to be delusional to think there isn't a vertical slice of the game ready by now.

I think Sony had that team working on the always online DRM for PS4 that got shelved at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom