• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that's all it is. I checked it when I submitted, but sometimes you see what you want to see.

The email I put into the promotion order form never received the email, but my Giant Bomb account's email did. I'm not sure what happened there, but I guess it worked out. Perhaps the same thing happened to you?

was on a monthly sub resubbed for the year

at least i wont be charged £0.08 by hsbc for the $ conversion anymore :)

The email I put into the promotion order form never received the email, but my Giant Bomb account's email did. I'm not sure what happened there, but I guess it worked out. Perhaps the same thing happened to you?

same thing happened to me

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I guess I'm going to be the person to ask this year's "Now that I got a membership for the first time, what premium vids should I be checking out?"

Watch Unprofessional Fridays today, watch any random UPF after that. Vinny's Dark Souls run is absolutely hilarious, and the random PC game videos are mostly great.

As it turns out, most of what Giant Bomb puts out under the premium label is a lot like what they put out for free: Great content and worth watching even if you aren't really interested in the game they're showcasing.

HAHAHA, the audio after you renew was great.

I agree. It always manages to surprise me.

It's a very Giant Bomb sort of thing to do.

That was it, apparently. Thanks!

Glad to hear it.

I guess I'm going to be the person to ask this year's "Now that I got a membership for the first time, what premium vids should I be checking out?"

The Backflips 'N' Bioforge videos would be my first recommendation. The whole thing comes together in such a magical way.
(The first part of this feature is from the UPF video that features Bioforge.)

Edit: Ok here's an easy link to the Bioforge videos. The UPF video is "Part 0," so watch that first.

Myggen

The OP also has a pretty good overview of where to start with premium content. I think the biggest thing for me with premium content is the immense archive of content, and the OP mentions some of the best.

The OP also has a pretty good overview of where to start with premium content. I think the biggest thing for me with premium content is the immense archive of content, and the OP mentions some of the best.

The OP needs links directly to the videos. It can be very difficult to locate a specific video from Giant Bomb's own search function.

After I redeemed the code I got a mail with a $15 discount code in it. I take it that's not supposed to happen.

edit
It's a resend of the code I got with my previous yearly sub that I haven't used yet. So yes it is.

yatesl

Do you think Konami cares about Vinny playing (and charging to watch) playing Catlevania ROMs? What's the legal hoop there - they dumped them themselves, or whatever that American law is?

Do you think Konami cares about Vinny playing (and charging to watch) playing Catlevania ROMs? What's the legal hoop there - they dumped them themselves, or whatever that American law is?
I dunno, there's no evidence that they aren't playing real carts. They even have to change their setup every time they swap games!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I'm sure Jeff has at least eleven Castlevania carts in his garage. It's probably just easier to capture & stream via PC.

Castlevania is one of those franchises I have somehow managed to never play.

I should really get on that at some point.

Also Zelda. I need to play one of those.

robotrock

Banned

I think Vinny actually has a ROM dumper? I'm not too sure. Thought he said that on a bombcast at one point

Holy shit I had this!!! Came in a pack of CDs that also included Hellcab and who shot Johnny Rock. I'm twelve all over again.

Edit: makes sense, he's got Hellcab loaded in the computer.

Zaph

Castlevania is one of those franchises I have somehow managed to never play.

I should really get on that at some point.

Also Zelda. I need to play one of those.
I'm the same on both franchises too (aside from the first two hours of OOT).

Everytime I see a video of either series, it reaffirms my opinion that we're not missing out on much.

popo

Watching the castlevinnia stream. When Brad breaks out that air horn app which sounds like a fire alarm Jeff falls for it, looks up at the smoke detectors and then shoots Brad a filthy look :)

I think Vinny actually has a ROM dumper? I'm not too sure. Thought he said that on a bombcast at one point

I think it is Jeff that has the rom dumper. It just seems to be site policy not to show the emulator on screen. Although they did it with C64 games so I dunno.

I dread the E3 streams if they haven't fixed the audio problems by then.

Well it is different kit I believe that they take on the road. Either way they will be breaking it all down and reassembling so that might sort out their issues. Assuming they don't leave it unattended and it gets nicked again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom