• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

The man hates to be spoiled but LOVES spoiling stuff.
Brad is certainly an enigma. He's got an undying urge to doom other people's experiences with spoilers, but then if a tiny hint becomes the bane of his own play through, he suddenly turns into a vengeful spirit. He should tinker with his expectations, give up on having an axe to grind, or spoilers are just going to be a spirit breaker.

*DARK SOULS II QUICK LOOK!!!*
*Brads playing...*
78uGpYa.gif

Why you hate fun?

Ketch

Yeah I'll forget all this by the time I get around to it but for you guys wanting to go in dark, don't watch it.

Agreed. I'm not too worried about being fully spoiled on an hour and 20 minutes of the game.... but seriously, if you want to remain pure. do not watch.

15 minutes in:

Vinny: There's nothing there.
Brad: There's definitely something, I've seen it.
Vinny: There's nothing, I've seen it, there's nothing. You're crazy.
Brad: Watch! .... it's not happening! That's so weird. Should we just tell everybody what it is?

Me: NO! what the fuck dude take a hint.

rudds via Twitter said:
DSII is also the first game in a long while to trump Dota for me (even temporarily) in the "hey you should be playing that RIGHT NOW" sense.

Brad's shift from apathy to obsession with the Souls games is pretty magical to watch.

Brad is certainly an enigma. He's got an undying urge to doom other people's experiences with spoilers, but then if a tiny hint becomes the bane of his own play through, he suddenly turns into a vengeful spirit. He should tinker with his expectations, give up on having an axe to grind, or spoilers are just going to be a spirit breaker.
No one else is gonna give you props for this so... props.

Your wit is razor sharp.

Doombear

I just hate menus and walking around in circles in the same area.

The menus are a pretty big part of the revamp.

Absolutely. They are a pretty big improvement, so to fail to mention that and/or to take a look at them would be silly. They recognize that no one loves menus in quicklooks (which just made me sad for obvious reasons...) and don't spend much more time than necessary on them. That said, it is pretty clear that Vinny has put a bit more elbow grease into the details in his own personal playthrough. THAT said, it is nice to hear how surprised Brad is by a few things that Vinny just took for granted that he should/would have noticed.

Not the best QL if you were a complete Dark Soul newcomer, but exactly what I wanted to see as I didn't want much spoiled for me.

demidar

:/

derFeef

I understand that, it just doesn't make for very entertaining video content in my opinion.

I am pretty sure if they would have made it too entertaining people would complain too. "Brad does not take these games seriously, he's just fooling around. Maybe because he's bad at it."

The part with the booby trapped chest was fantastic. Reminded me of Breaking Brad.

I think Dark Souls 2 looks great! It's a pity the PC version is so far away :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Something something Slardar

That grass noise they both complain about, I am fairly certain it's the same sound you hear in Dark Souls when you run through grass. And does this game have an unlocked frame rate? It looks like it went to 60fps in certain spots.

Haunted

What a juggernaut of a post. You've been a perfect invoker of Brad's earthen spirit without an iota of a miss, so I'll call you sniper. This display has been a dazzle. Nicely done.

What a juggernaut of a post. You've been a perfect invoker of Brad's earthen spirit without an iota of a miss, so I'll call you sniper. This display has been a dazzle. Nicely done.

Bradley certainly does emit a strong alluring brevity. Whilst maintaining a colloquial essence I would only compare to that of the comfort found in a mid-century diamond chair.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i love brad but he second guesses and contradicts his choices so much in the demon souls series, thank god vinny is there to troll him while being his anchor at the same time.

Vinny should be a mandatory requirement in all GB content.

BeerSnob

I understand that, it just doesn't make for very entertaining video content in my opinion.

Entertaining perhaps not, but the menu revamp in DS2 is huge. So while quicklooks are often amusing, mostly when the guys hate the game, they do also serve a purpose in allowing people to see game content and make informed purchases. If for instance DS2 menus were a mess like Demon souls eh, maybe I wouldn't want it.

popo

I think most of the Giant Bomb audience is.

I think two of the highest traffic videos in site history were a COD video review and a Borderlands 2 QL EX. Also a 30 second llama clip did huge numbers. If anything the GB audience is diverse.

eot

Banned
Oh god do I watch it? I should just go to bed, work tomorrow, play tomorrow afternoon. That QL has got to be spoiler city.

For how long it is they don't show that much. I couldn't resist watching it.
45 days left ;_;

Aaron

I think a Demon's / Dark Souls MOBA would work extremely well. Each side is guarding their firekeeper, since if their shrine goes out their souls are doomed. It's class based, though Royal will probably need to be nerfed. Dropping your souls when you die, which the opposing players will try to pick up, but maybe your allies get it, and opponents will get nothing for killing you. They could do interesting things with going hollow, like even though you have less life you're harder to kill. Basically like invis in Dota 2. You have to decide to spend souls on leveling or items, and those items you do buy can often be improved like dagon in Dota 2. While DS doesn't have items combining into larger items, maybe you break down current items into minerals that can be combined with weapons to improve them. F2P with cosmetic items for sale, especially taunts. Praise the Sun, only $5! Best deal!

LiK

Catching up to Bombin'. Really nice to see how Tricky's impressions of DanganRonpa changed as he played further in. I knew he would enjoy it.

solarus

I know brad loves to mock and hate on people who compare technical differences between games but his recent tweet calling people here "crazy" for complaining about the lighting downgrade is really irksome. It should be reported, it is false advertising, we have been seeing footage with the old lighting system was just a month or two ago and the difference is undeniably stark and it's understandable why people would be upset. I'm surprised it's not really getting any coverage, not that it's a deal breaker or will affect my purchasing decision at all but it definitely deserves mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom