• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I like Gary but had to unfollow him on twitter. Self promotion, baby pics and junk food reviews. No thanks. I think V W Smith III might have to go next.

I ended up unfollowing him around the PS4/Xbox One launches. He came across as surprisingly fanboyish towards MS and then mocked people when they called him out on it.

Mr. F

Banned
I like Gary but had to unfollow him on twitter. Self promotion, baby pics and junk food reviews. No thanks. I think V W Smith III might have to go next.

Yeahhh I too unfollowed Gary a while ago, not really interested in what he has to say these days. Same with Will after he got defensive and we had a minor argument, from me criticizing the podcast for them more often than not getting their info wrong or not knowing what they're talking about when discussing certain news items. Pretty done with Tested altogether, outside of Dadcasts.

Lethal

Neo Member
Yeahhh I too unfollowed Gary a while ago, not really interested in what he has to say these days. Same with Will after he got defensive and we had a minor argument, from me criticizing the podcast for them more often than not getting their info wrong or not knowing what they're talking about when discussing certain news items. Pretty done with Tested altogether, outside of Dadcasts.

Yup. Same.

Well...apart from the argument part lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I miss Jeff reading Space Jam

'I can't watch this anym-'
'PLEASE'
'I can't watch this anymore'
'SHUT UP'

Eh, that seems like Gary just joking around.

Doubt it's a joke. He also complained about people feeling entitled after getting a free Mass Effect 3 CE off twitter that he casually mentioned wanting during an UPF.

Zaph

On a somewhat O/T topic... I'm really tired of seeing Gary Whitta begging for free stuff on twitter all the time (he was asking for a free copy of Titanfall earlier and looks like he just got it).

Maybe it's because I'm working in the industry myself but seriously, if you're somebody who can clearly afford it, don't be a cheap bastard and actually support your friends working in the industry instead of leeching everything from them.
Yeah, I saw that too. It's fucking gross but at least there were about five replies calling him out on it (I recognised your profile pic from this thread in one of them too); no wonder he deleted it.

Dude's been doing it for years, but used to at least be more subtle about it. Usually he would tweet something the day before release like "Oh, I forgot to pre-order XYZ Collector's Edition. Anyone know where I can buy one last minute?" (like he doesn't know how google works). The next day he would tweet a picture of a package along with a thank you to whatever developer. I guess when you work on a magazine for so long and are used to not paying for games, old habits die hard...

Having a career that is one foot in the games industry, and the other in Hollywood, I imagine there are a lot of people who want to be your friend.

Between stuff like that and the frequent GAF bashing (which, shockingly, started around After Earth's release), I think the Tested WANG Gary is long gone.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Who has a Pathfinder update for me?

The last episode was December (I think?). Rorie has since mentioned that they want to get going with it again, but they're waiting until they hire some people.

You know, it was only during the poster signing stream that I really appreciated how small their staff is right now.

Catching up on Unprofessional Friday from last week and I have to say it is pretty wonderful. Stupid stuff like that is the reason I go to Giant Bomb. Though it was a bit of a bummer to see Vinny get somewhat annoyed that he got all of 10 minutes to explore his game.

Cigs man, legend.

Patrick just said on Bombin' that he's planning a Yoshi's New Island thing with a "big fan" of the game. Patrick vs. Jeff Yoshi's Island debate confirmed.

I wish Alex would explain the game mechanics of Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation. There are grabs, hits, launchers, reversals? What beats what? What is the meter for? Is he just mashing? For a guy who loves wrestling game, he looks like he is flailing more than playing.

Novocaine

Decided to buy a sub after leeching off them for free for so long. Been throwing episodes of Unprofessional Fridays on the computer monitor and going to sleep watching.

It's good to put at the background while you do other stuff.

They should have released it as a podcast.

A word of warning to those podcasting the poster stream: The weird "whooshing" noise that the posters make as they're shuffled around is a strange noise that takes some getting used to.

Also, a slight correction as to what Vinny and Brad were saying while naming "A" games during that video: Vinny was talking about Avadon: The Black Fortress, by Spiderweb Software, not Abaddon from Defense of the Ancients. I was playing Spiderweb Software's Avernum: Escape from the Pit while listening to the video, so I couldn't let that confusion stand.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm gonna put a preliminary request out there -

Whoever gets through the podcast tomorrow, could you put up a time stamp of when Dark Souls II talk begins and when it ends?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I need to know what you are planning to do with this information

Put that specific information on loop and bathe myself to the crews thoughts on my favorite gaming franchise.

Really though, avoiding spoilers and will ideaslly be skipping any DSII talk

Put that specific information on loop and bathe myself to the crews thoughts on my favorite gaming franchise.

Really though, avoiding spoilers and will ideaslly be skipping any DSII talk

If no one else does it, I will timestamp it,

I am in the same boat as you, but happy to listen to GB's take on the game. Avoiding all other streams, videos. opinions though.

dChw2Z8.jpg

Jeff must be thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom