• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

As someone who has never been a premium member, is the deal really that much of a deal? Looking at it, normally you pay 50 dollars for a year, and that comes with a 15 dollar coupon. This deal is 35 dollars for a year, but it doesn't come with the 15 dollar coupon. So isn't it just like they decided to take 15 dollars off the price instead of giving you a coupon?

Depends on if you wanted a shirt or not. These "sales" are very popular with us foreigners who don't want to pay international shipping. I guess if you are on a tight budget every little helps too.

Myggen

As someone who has never been a premium member, is the deal really that much of a deal? Looking at it, normally you pay 50 dollars for a year, and that comes with a 15 dollar coupon. This deal is 35 dollars for a year, but it doesn't come with the 15 dollar coupon. So isn't it just like they decided to take 15 dollars off the price instead of giving you a coupon?

It's a smart way of doing business at least! But it's a good deal if you don't intend to buy something with that coupon.

I saw his underpants. I will never look at him the same way ever again.

Danny can never be my dad after this! :(

Haunted

So I just came across Vinny's tweet about The Point's recent episode, House of Cods...

Danny kills it. I would definitely want him as my dad.
:lol just saw that, incredible.

Danny trying his hardest at a Kevin Spacey impersonation with US accent, oh my.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For the new page

Hey guys, huge tip I just noticed.

I found that all the GB videos looked washed out on my monitor but fine on my TV.

It was because I had video set to limited color space on my monitor but not so on my TV.

Here's an example of a GB video on giantbomb in full colorspace vs limited color space. I recommend opening both in new tabs then switching between the tabs to see the difference more readily.

HIID6oa.png

GjJoDys.png

As you can see with the full video, the black on video actually becomes true black (enough so that it even meshes with the background) and the colors look a lot less washed out.

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can fix this by doing the following.

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
  2. On the left hand side under Video, select "Adjust Video Color Setting"
  3. Tick the "With the Nvidia settings" bubble
  4. Enter the "Advanced tab"
  5. Change Dynamic range from limited to full.

Here it is in the settings

After that's done hit apply. Hope this helps some others!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Any idea why for the last month my account settings wont let me change my password? It just says 'Oops something went wrong!'

Email support.

I had that issue in the past and I believe it was because I had "."'s in my email address. Might be some other whacky issue for you.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
audio sync is messed up in the UPF on the site...that managed link is working, but I'm getting periodic audio drops instead :(

nevermind, audio drops happened during the show - vinny to the rescue

Chuck

Still without luck
God that would be terrible. Yeah I'm negative chuck whatever. Cara joining giant bomb would be a huge bummer.

Nonentity

I may have just tweeted that at Drew, Keyzer.

Also Cara Ellison said she applied to the Giant Bomb job.

Yeah, I was happy to see that, if not just to see Patrick haters self-immolate in a pile of boiling rage.

I mean, she's also awesome and I love her writing, but that too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yea, it would sure make things weird around here....

anyone read any new giantbomb fanfic?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Well, photoshop was already open...

ibchTMLgM1QuTb.gif

Just finished watching the semifinals (I'm a little behind) and Poland, er...nailed it. They and Iceland are my two favorites, though I know someone shitty is gonna win. Cant believe Israel didn't make it but Austria did. All Austria had was a stupid gimmick and a bad song.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Patrick is great. He's made the site into what it is today by introducing the indie market to GB. Having said that, I'm not sure if the decreasing quality of the console market would have brought them to a similar point.

Either way I want to be on the same level as Patrick in the next ten years. I graduate college in another year.

Giantbomb has been into indie stuff way before Patrick came over. Patrick goes deeper, but the main giantbomb dudes don't go that deep anyway.

If anything what Patrick brings is giving a chance to stuff the other giantbomb guys won't touch like 999 and monster hunter.

Also Bombin the AM turning into a weekly developer interview has been fantastic.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does Cara have any worthwhile video content someone could point me to to sort of gauge a potential level of fluidity with the GB crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom