• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
This gamespot dude seems pretty awesome. I remember him from the short lived wednesday show but I guess I should actually watch some gamespot stuff.

Zafir

Ah right, thanks for the advice.

I might not bother though. Since the mother's day deal doesn't come with a shirt, it would have come to $50 anyway if I wanted the shirt too.

Zaph

And it also comes with a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside because you're not bothering someone on the weekend over $15.

Sakura

As someone who has never been a premium member, is the deal really that much of a deal? Looking at it, normally you pay 50 dollars for a year, and that comes with a 15 dollar coupon. This deal is 35 dollars for a year, but it doesn't come with the 15 dollar coupon. So isn't it just like they decided to take 15 dollars off the price instead of giving you a coupon?

SZips

Edit: Also, The Golf Club is amazing. Even for an Early Access game, it's certainly worth picking up if you enjoy those types of games. Figured I'd toss that in for the hell of it after today's QL and UPF.

chris waters? :/

I guess i'll skip this week's UPF

What? Why?

He was a great substitute for when Jeff wasn't around.

As someone who has never been a premium member, is the deal really that much of a deal? Looking at it, normally you pay 50 dollars for a year, and that comes with a 15 dollar coupon. This deal is 35 dollars for a year, but it doesn't come with the 15 dollar coupon. So isn't it just like they decided to take 15 dollars off the price instead of giving you a coupon?

A fifteen dollars upfront savings is much better than those pretty much worthless coupons.

Tan

I just find his personality offputting in Giant Bomb videos. He's so corporate you can taste it.

2619902-2619211-jared%2Brae.gif

Jintor

Goddamnit. What a time for me to change my bank information so I can't use a debit card.

Anyone want to gift me a sub? I'll paypal you the moniez. PM me.

I don't think I even used my coupon from last year, so yes.

Myggen

Ah, hope they don't take the UPF archive down because of audio issues until I'm back from work, haven't gotten the chance to download it at home.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey guys, huge tip I just noticed.

I found that all the GB videos looked washed out on my monitor but fine on my TV.

It was because I had video set to limited color space on my monitor but not so on my TV.

Here's an example of a GB video on giantbomb in full colorspace vs limited color space. I recommend opening both in new tabs then switching between the tabs to see the difference more readily.

HIID6oa.png

GjJoDys.png

As you can see with the full video, the black on video actually becomes true black (enough so that it even meshes with the background) and the colors look a lot less washed out.

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can fix this by doing the following.

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
  2. On the left hand side under Video, select "Adjust Video Color Setting"
  3. Tick the "With the Nvidia settings" bubble
  4. Enter the "Advanced tab"
  5. Change Dynamic range from limited to full.

Here it is in the settings

After that's done hit apply. Hope this helps some others!

I don't remember it going out of sync. Is it just their encode? If so, you should be able to use the stream's direct link (not GB) through VLC or MPC-HC.

It's off by much less than the other times it has been out of sync though. If you're not very sensitive to it this one is perfectly watchable and you might not even notice if you don't stare at their mouths....

but lets be honest thats all we do

So I just came across Vinny's tweet about The Point's recent episode, House of Cods...

Danny kills it. I would definitely want him as my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom