• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unless Cara already has a visa/US dual nationality for whatever reason, she ain't getting the job. CBSi already went through the long enough process of getting Danny one (he was already a long term employee which makes it easier), doubt they'd do it again for someone without a fanbase on the site. Justifying it to immigration will be very difficult.
There have been many Canadians on the GameSpot staff, so I don't think they are adverse to hiring internationally.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm a new premium user, and I'm trying to setup the premium podcast feed within Pocketcasts for android. According to a thread that I found, I supposedly can set it up using url based authorization. The issue that I'm having is that for some reason, my login isn't working when I'm using:
http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you need to enter your username in differently from what you would use to normally login to giant bomb?

Try it without the USERNAME:pASSWORD@ stuff maybe? I only use BeyondPod so I'm not sure how it works with another podcast app.
I only have to enter "www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium" as feed url and then username and password in a seperate field

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, Brad's face is creeping me out in that Mothers Day promotional picture. He looks like a haunted marionette figure. His head is about to turn a full 360 degrees while his shoulders stay put.

demidar

Being comfortable in front of a camera takes a lot of work. Remember that the Giant Bomb dudes have being doing it for years. Chemistry is also very important, it's not something that can be faked or forced and finding good chemistry is up to chance.

McLargepants

Neo Member
I like Cara a lot, but I think she'd fit better in Giant Bomb Chicago rather than San Francisco, but I'd be eager to be proven wrong! I think Jeff said on his tumblr that they had a good lead on one of the positions, he didn't say which though.

I do hope they go for a most host-type personality, I love Jeff hosting things like the panel, but I like him much more as a side personality in things like the podcast.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I actually couldn't be more excited to see the new crew members. Its gonna make things a million times more interesting. A lot of things have happened in the last year, and I was noticing while watching Vinnyvania that watching GB has become a very comfortable experience. Its distinctly low energy and in a strange way its become very relaxing. Its obvious a significant part of the crew is missing, but we're all used to it now. They're used to it, I'm used to it, I'm assuming most of ya'll are used to it. I'm pumped to get back to a more dynamic and fun Giantbomb.

Xater

I actually couldn't be more excited to see the new crew members. Its gonna make things a million times more interesting. A lot of things have happened in the last year, and I was noticing while watching Vinnyvania that watching GB has become a very comfortable experience. Its distinctly low energy and in a strange way its become very relaxing. Its obvious a significant part of the crew is missing, but we're all used to it now. They're used to it, I'm used to it, I'm assuming most of ya'll are used to it. I'm pumped to get back to a more dynamic and fun Giantbomb.

I aways have fun with a bit of change, but some people just want stuff to always stay the same.

Yeah, she seems like a really nice person, but the Embed With articles aren't good. I'm a fan of her RPS stuff, so I really tried liking them but they're just not interesting and in desperate need of an editor. There are only so many times you can say "and then we went to a bar with..." before it sounds like a teen's blog.

That style of gonzo journalism requires a very experienced and self disciplined writer with a fascinating subject.

Well, from the perspective as a reader who's also a game's developer, to me, it's an interesting insight into people in the industry who I admire. It goes beyond the usual surface chit-chat that you only get with a short interview.

I think they are on the whole, more fascinating if you're active in games development. There still really isn't much exposure to the public about the lives of devs or the creation of their games. So it's nice to have someone cast that spotlight on personalities that don't end up being typical run of the mill questions.

We have enough standard games journalism already, so I enjoy a different approach to the formula.

Bit random but has anyone else noticed how often Jeff merely says "Cool!" to whatever Drew's done/played on the Bombcast? It's like the conversation is doomed to capsize every time he opens his mouth.

Bit random but has anyone else noticed how often Jeff merely says "Cool!" to whatever Drew's done/played on the Bombcast? It's like the conversation is doomed to capsize every time he opens his mouth.

He plays types of games and lives a life that's very different from the rest of the crew it seems. It seems like whenever he talking about playing a game for an hour or whatever Brad is like "that's it?"

Hard to believe it but E3 is almost here, it's gone quick.

Giantbomb site search is terrible and I have just as terrible memory so I can't check/remember.

Do GB watch the Microsoft/Sony conferences and talk over them?

Hard to believe it but E3 is almost here, it's gone quick.

Giantbomb site search is terrible and I have just as terrible memory so I can't check/remember.

Do GB watch the Microsoft/Sony conferences and talk over them?

No, they'll sometimes talk about it afterwards in a quick video or a proper chat at night during their live streams.

I remember watching the longest day I just have a really bad memory.

Shame, I love them watching it live, their Gamescom Sony one was brilliant with their reaction to the extreme close up of Jim Ryan

I remember watching the longest day I just have a really bad memory.

Shame, I love them watching it live, their Gamescom Sony one was brilliant with their reaction to the extreme close up of Jim Ryan

I would probably prefer to see them commenting live as well, we don't always hear about everything seen in the recap videos or late night chats and and as you said their conference live shows last year were great.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I really enjoyed their running commentary on conferences when they did them, but part of E3 for them is actually being in attendance, so it's just not really a possibility for those I guess.

They were talking about it on the podcast though, wondering how much they actually get from going to the actual conferences instead of just watching a stream.

Kelas

Were they? I think that would be so much better for the audience, but I still see them choosing to attend.

Kelas

I want to see him play Castlevania 64. I loved the atmosphere of that game back when I was 10 or 11 and thought vampires were the coolest thing ever. I remember the shitty (or shittier) part of the game where you had to carry a bomb or something halfway around the level without jumping or falling. That would be fun to watch someone play :)

I want to see him play Castlevania 64. I loved the atmosphere of that game back when I was 10 or 11 and thought vampires were the coolest thing ever. I remember the shitty (or shittier) part of the game where you had to carry a bomb or something halfway around the level without jumping or falling. That would be fun to watch someone play :)

That would be great. While we wait you should watch this 15 minute episode of the fear gauntlet Castlevania 64 featuring Sony's own Matt Bodega and Steve "lemon" Ramirez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO1hYOjEtcs

Myggen

Oh god, the platforming in that game is fucking terrible!

Lijik

the thing i remember most about this game was it had like three-four different camera modes with one reserved for bosses and thats such an early 3d game trait to have

demidar

the thing i remember most about this game was it had like three-four different camera modes with one reserved for bosses and thats such an early 3d game trait to have

The thing I remember most is fucking skeletons on motorcycles. Dracula hiding all that BatTech.

Lijik

The thing I remember most is fucking skeletons on motorcycles. Dracula hiding all that BatTech.

hella
aIZQoTd.jpg

Kelas

That would be great. While we wait you should watch this 15 minute episode of the fear gauntlet Castlevania 64 featuring Sony's own Matt Bodega and Steve "lemon" Ramirez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO1hYOjEtcs

Wow. Feeling the same as Kessler towards the end of that. It looks like a completely different game than I remember. I mean, I knew it would be be a rough game to go back to, but there doesn't seem to be anything appealing about it now at all.

I remember hearing that Castlevania 64 was a bad game but clearly I heard wrong.
No game with skeletons riding motorcycles can be bad.

It's better than people give it credit for, but you have to understand that, at the time this game existed, people were seeing SotN on the PS1. Castlevania 64 didn't really match up in most people's eyes.

I thought Pachter was wrong about the Game Trailers thing?

Pachter spoke too soon.

All signs point to that he got wind of it but opened mouth way too early and probably was told to try and brush it off as a mistake.

You obviously dont want that kind of news getting out a month before any deal is actually signed right? That kind of thing going public while they are still working out the money side will effect things.

I would expect if a sale happens it will be around July.

#BossmanforGB

Anyone find it weird that 'known' people in the industry are announcing on twitter that they've applied for a job at GB? I mean they can't all get it, right? When I apply for a job I only tell the people closest to me so that if I don't get I don't feel embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom