• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

He's already been in consulting the past couple months. He's still streaming Dark Souls though, and that's awesome.

I don#t know for some reason I don't get the same kind of enjoyment out of that as from his writing or his podcast appearances.

popo

They should hire Danny O Dwyer and Jeff Green. Or Carrie.

They all already have jobs

oh, how about a other woman like Cara and Zoe - those are the names of two women I have heard before.

Maybe. They also have other commitments and might just be applying for the publicity.

ok. Just don't hire Arthur Geis. He is the devil.

They wouldn't. Probably.

Why don't they just hire Danny or Jeff Green?

2631983-sanke.jpg

oh, how about a other woman like Cara and Zoe - those are the names of two women I have heard before.

Maybe. They also have other commitments and might just be applying for the publicity.

They wouldn't. Probably.

2631983-sanke.jpg

You know who they should hire ? Danny or Jeff Green

Fox318

They wouldn't. Probably.

2631983-sanke.jpg
v3178i4.gif

the Arthur hate is largely bullshit and I doubt people would cancel their subscription if he joined the crew. people didn't cancel when Patrick joined. instead some subscribers simply showed how crappy of a person they were.

Patrick is awesome, that comparison makes no sense. Gies is probably the only person that would turn me off ever wanting to visit the site again though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I miss Karen. She should totally visit Giant Bomb still even if her brother's not there anymore. Isn't she dating Rorie anyway ? She should come up on UFs.

I think the fanbases creepy obsession with her is why she actively chooses to NOT be on camera.

I remember a show where someone said "Oh Karen's here I'll go get her!" then later mentioned "yeah she doesn't wanna be on camera so"

noobasuar

Banned
They should hire Johnny V. Fuck Disney.

Honestly they need someone that can keep up comedicly with Jeff and Vinny. If they hire another Brad were all doomed.

It's going to be the same conversations for the next three months. Strap it on.

A reprieve from "Brad am bad at gamez lolz" and "Jeff am troll my favorite gaem RAWRR" hopefully.

I think the fanbases creepy obsession with her is why she actively chooses to NOT be on camera.

I remember a show where someone said "Oh Karen's here I'll go get her!" then later mentioned "yeah she doesn't wanna be on camera so"

Sad, cuz she's hilarious as fuck.

Jhriad

the Arthur hate is largely bullshit and I doubt people would cancel their subscription if he joined the crew. people didn't cancel when Patrick joined. instead some subscribers simply showed how crappy of a person they were.

I actively sought out Patrick's work prior to his hiring at Giantbomb and actively avoid The Verge as well as refuse to listen to RebelFM after having listened to it for a while. Gies is probably the one hire that would make me quit subbing. His abrasive personality is a terrible fit for a personality focused site like Giantbomb.

If it wasn't for the fact that I would be an exceptionally poor choice and I work in a completely different occupational field in a separate part of the country, I would be a great choice.

komplanen

Why would the reviews editor on a payroll from Microsoft and Polygon join a two-bit website that takes a moral stand on all the things he takes a check for? Arthur is, and will be, a far bigger player than anyone on Giant Bomb as far as the most important demographic of video game publishers is concerned. Also the dude took a fucking tattoo for Polygon and tattoos are for life!

I've discovered everyone in this thread believes people are chomping at the bit to leave their jobs and join GB.

What do you guys think Obama is going to do after his term is up

I think Jeff can probably convince him to join what do you think

Haunted

They wouldn't. Probably.

2631983-sanke.jpg
So you're saying there's a chance they might hire Danny.

Zaph

I only know Gies from the Simcity nonsense he said. Does he have a long list of moments of similar idiocy?

He's one of those industry folk who have a blatant contempt for the audience they actually serve. While I don't think he's "on the payroll", it's very obvious he aligns himself with developers and publishers by choice and editorial is simply a steppingstone.

Lijik

I've discovered everyone in this thread believes people are chomping at the bit to leave their jobs and join GB.

What do you guys think Obama is going to do after his term is up

I think Jeff can probably convince him to join what do you think

Obama would give the site decent coverage of fitness games theyre sorely lacking right now, Jeff should heavily pursue this option.

I just hope they put their new hire's opinion about vital subjects pubic.
Like thought on;
Yoshi's island
Flip flops/thongs
cake/pie
deep dish/thin crust
Is Ryu from street fighter a magician?
Gif or Jif
Favorite candy
Popeye's or KFC?

komplanen

Phil Theobald from Player One Podcast should at least apply. I love the guy and he he's small enough to work from one of the cardboard boxes behind Jeff's desk. He also lives in SF already so it'd be perfect.

BOTEC

I just hope they put their new hire's opinion about vital subjects pubic.
Like thought on;
Yoshi's island
Flip flops/thongs
cake/pie
deep dish/thin crust
Is Ryu from street fighter a magician?
Gif or Jif
Favorite candy
Popeye's or KFC?

Don't forget bat VS knife. These should be interview questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom