• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First public hire of the industry's favourite website? This shit ain't stopping until newbie's first day.

Then the posts really get going.

Can't wait for people to watch the first on screen appearance and decide that it was a bad hire based solely on that.

That will be fun.

I dunno if Jeff Green can handle the petty bullshit that some Giant Bomb fans are capable of. I personally don't know if I can handle the giant bomb community hating on him myself. Leave the poor senile old gamer man alone, ya hooligans!

chogidogs

I dunno if Jeff Green can handle the petty bullshit that some Giant Bomb fans are capable of. I personally don't know if I can handle the giant bomb community hating on him myself. Leave the poor senile old gamer man alone, ya hooligans!

You clearly don't watch his Dark Souls streams. Those chat guys a vicious!

Chris R

I'm a subscriber again thanks to that Mother's Day sale.

Now to catch up on some of that juicy subscriber content I've missed the last 6 or so months!

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
It's not like he didn't understand that blocking stops you from dying, it's more him trying to find other ways to play than just keeping your shield up at all time as the warrior. The combat doesn't seem fun enough to make the blocking option fun at all, just tedious, so he was looking for an effective way to evade attacks as the warrior without luck.

People tend to jump to the "BRAD IS BRAD AT GAMES!!!" stuff a bit too often.

If you actually try to reason with them, how are they gonna be able to stroke their superiority complex without even having watched the video?

LiK

If you actually try to reason with them, how are they gonna be able to stroke their superiority complex without even having watched the video?

Kinda thought it would be over by now since you beat Demon's and Volgarr. But nope.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Well when he's taking my jokes it's probably real easy to be funny.
emosternwx8.png

I certainly didn't jack any jokes intentionally, but if I did without realizing it, my apologies.

LiK

I hope they avoid the internet for a while after being hired. It's an unfortunate reality that there's a really shitty part of the GB fandom, and I expect a lot of rage directed at whoever gets the job.

I'm happy for whichever Gaffer gets the job.

Deadstar

although Arthur has a boner for giantbomb im not sure he'd quit polygon to take the job.

I still wish jeff green would have joined the team but for some reason he chose to sell vacuums door to door instead.

Anyone know what Shawn Elliott is up to? I cant remember if he got hired elsewhere after irrational left him on the side of the road. He seems to be temp banned on gaf over some diaper fetish comment.

Man, Shawn Elliott at Giant Bomb would be amazing though I'm not sure if he wants to go down that road again. He seemed to have enjoyed development.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've discovered everyone in this thread believes people are chomping at the bit to leave their jobs and join GB.

What do you guys think Obama is going to do after his term is up

I think Jeff can probably convince him to join what do you think

Only if he can show him his birth certificate

Dragon

Banned
the Arthur hate is largely bullshit and I doubt people would cancel their subscription if he joined the crew. people didn't cancel when Patrick joined. instead some subscribers simply showed how crappy of a person they were.

There are way more valid reasons for hating on Arthur Gies than Patrick Klepeck. Patrick at least has integrity and actively has a journalistic mind (he is always looking to try something new or talk in depth with someone about a variety of topics). Gies is a welcher and someone who cannot admit he's wrong (he's definitely not alone in this regard). I don't know many other obvious people who are so incredibly biased it comes off in every form of their writing, at least in this industry. He's not professional (clearly meaning from a journalistic point of view) and frankly preemptive damage control for him is puzzling to say the least.

Would people cancel? No, but he doesn't fit in with Giant Bomb any more than I do. So really hoping you were being sarcastic.

I die all the time in games too, and I didn't find anything obvious in how you were playing that was wrong. Perhaps the tutorials made some things clear that a QL wouldn't but I enjoyed the video. Some people are better at programming than I am, doesn't mean my existence is hereby invalidated. Don't feed the trolls Brad!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I hope that Giant Bomb hire Adam Boyes or Mark Cerny.

Mark would of course only play second fiddle to Brad's technical expertise, but two are better than one.

It would be the greatest heel turn ever if they hired Brad again after so many years of him threatening Jeff with his wanting to quit. It would also be very Dio of him, too, and we all know he's growing tired of being the only anime editor on the job. Bringing in another Brad would really shore-up their overall anime knowledge.

The Backflip's 'n' Bioforge videos won me over on Danny. He may not be a member of Giant Bomb in name, but he is in spirit.

I really wonder how many of us would do any better in Bound By Flames' combat. It looked atrociously simplistic and unfun. It reminds me of something like Risen 2 (which I played post-patch, so I can't imagine how bad it was back beforehand) or Fable - unsatisfying, smashy combat that will never have enough finesse or depth to be truly enjoyable. It's like an alpha version of Dark Souls, before all mechanics are in and before any sort of testing.

(That's right, I compared it to a Souls game. I call this Shalquoir's Gambit.)

jesus why not just throw a molotov cocktail through a window at CBSi

Because that would cause less destruction... Some people just want to see the world burn.

Brashnir

I've discovered everyone in this thread believes people are chomping at the bit to leave their jobs and join GB.

What do you guys think Obama is going to do after his term is up

I think Jeff can probably convince him to join what do you think

He's going to start a rival site - GiantObama.com, duh.

santeesioux

It would be the greatest heel turn ever if they hired Brad again after so many years of him threatening Jeff with his wanting to quit. It would also be very Dio of him, too, and we all know he's growing tired of being the only anime editor on the job. Bringing in another Brad would really shore-up their overall anime knowledge.

They could do an anime podcast.

Nymphae

Banned
the Arthur hate is largely bullshit and I doubt people would cancel their subscription if he joined the crew.

FWIW, I would. I could not sleep at night knowing any portion of the money I earn had ended up in the hands of Arthur Gies. I haven't been keeping up with this news, is this a real possibility? Because I'm done with the Bombcast if that dude shows up.

Myggen

Have they still not pulled upf and fixed the audio problem everyone is complaining about?

They usually do it during monday, so I'm guessing it's gonna be fixed soon. The delay was so minor that I could watch it without any big problems, but I guess most people are more sensitive to that kind of stuff than I am.

FWIW, I would. I could not sleep at night knowing any portion of the money I earn had ended up in the hands of Arthur Gies. I haven't been keeping up with this news, is this a real possibility? Because I'm done with the Bombcast if that dude shows up.

Just someone in this thread trolling when he/she said that he wouldn't mind Gies being hired, and suddenly everyone was talking about it. No way Gies would even consider an Associate Editor position and except for his obvious love for the site (he's mentioned it on his Twitter a bunch of times, seems to be on good terms with Jeff and Brad etc.) we have absolutely no indication that he's even in the mix.

Short version: Nope, just some people trolling in this thread.

Chuck

Still without luck
the Arthur hate is largely bullshit and I doubt people would cancel their subscription if he joined the crew. people didn't cancel when Patrick joined. instead some subscribers simply showed how crappy of a person they were.

Arthur is a real known scumbag in the industry hated by so many people. Patrick was just G4's news guy.

Arthur is a real known scumbag in the industry hated by so many people. Patrick was just G4's news guy.

Well, he wasn't just the news guy. In that role he broke the Infinity Ward meltdown story. Basically the gulf between him and Gies even pre-GB is fucking enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom